Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Female LAST Name

I use several last names (some real some I inherited from my Secondlife avatar)

I use my mothers maiden last name, she knew I would wear her clothes but never question me about it.

Of course my last name is my real name Just like my first name is...

Can you say anagram???
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Gold Member
    Hmmmmm...I don't use a last name!!!

My last name is actually my great grandmother's maiden name. Her husband left her and she went from the homestead in Missouri that she lost because she was a woman, to Montana where she homesteaded with her sister. When she showed up in town wearing pants instead of a skirt, they threatened to tar and feather her for trying to look and act like a man. She wore the skirt over her pants in town, but on the farm, when she had to chop down trees to build her cabin, plow the fields, work the crops, harvest the crops, and get the harvest to town, by the end of 14 years of homesteading, she was big enough and strong enough to through one man nearly 20 feet when he tried to propose to her. THEN she went to Cripple Creek to mine for gold, and found out there was more money in bath tubs. She owned the only two in town, and would auction the first two baths to the miners - since she didn't refill the tub after each bath - she could make as much on those first few baths as most of the girls made in a week of sleeping with miners, and two months of miner's wages. Miners went down for 12 days, then came up for 2 days - they wanted to have women, but the women wanted them clean. A few years of fetching water, chopping fire wood to heat the water, and pouring hot water into the tub - she was bigger and stronger than most of the miners.

Was she transgendered? I don't know. I do know that even my grandfather was afraid of her when she lost her temper. She could pop a full grown man in the sternum and make him think he was having a heart attack. This was not a lady you wanted to cross.

My male name is patrimonial.

Though I don't have any legal IDs in my female name, I have had to list the alias in background checks for security clearance purposes. In Colorado I also got the nickname "The Fairy Godmother" - because I had helped 4 women deliver babies at the hospital over a 2 year period. Social services thought I was running a prostitution ring, then they found out what I was doing and wanted to help. Three of the women got their GEDs and better paying jobs, the other left me to marry a man who had just obtained a very valuable patent (used in every small power supply made since 1992).
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Of course my last name is my real name Just like my first name is...

Can you say anagram???
    Anagram? That's nice. But I still prefer Annabelle.

Silver Member
    I use a femme last name for many reasons, the biggest being there are only a handful of people in the entire country that have the same last name. My father's family has a lot of toxic people (including him) and I have always been ashamed of my last name.

If I and my ex-girlfriend had gotten married, I was going to take her last name.

When I go out bthe only connection to my male side is the name on my credit and debit cards. I have the same Christian name initial and so it made sense to keep my surname the same.

Mark

My last name is a family derived name... Have a credit card but would love to be able to get photo ID, so be interested in finding out what you come up with.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I use my maternal grandmother's maiden name, partly as the result of a suggestion on another site and partly because it is such a strong connection to the feminine part of my ancestry. It's also easier to sign than my real last name. I enjoy practicing my femme signature; it looks much neater than my real signature. One thing I've noticed, though, is I use a lighter "hand" as Amy, and the kinds of pens I use in male mode don't give good results. I found a couple made by Sharpie that work well, and keep those in my purse.

I made up a "Transgender Identification Card" similar to a sample that was posted in another thread here, and keep that in my ladies' wallet next to where my driver's license goes.

- Amy
    Last edited by AmyGaleRT; 01-26-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Hmmmmm...I don't use a last name!!!
    It comes up in everyday life.such as the drycleaners,Walgreens for your pics,reward club membership at clothes and shoe stores,etc..Miranda what? they may ask...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I don't just in case someone might know me

Banned Read only
    My femme last name comes from my maternal cousin's surname. This was a no-brainer as we look very much alike when I am Diane. She's also the only family member that knows about Diane. I told her about me when we were in our early 20's and I've been out with her a countless number of times as Diane since then. On more than one occasion we were asked if we were sisters. (Be because we look alike my avatar is a picture of my cousin Gail taken almost 25 years ago when she did a photoshoot.)

My last name came out of a hat.
    I kept it as it was common enough to hide behind.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I chose mine I wanted something with an 'x' in it. I thought to myself 'I like Cox.'

x
    Girl me

I modified my middle name for my fem last name. No ID but would only need it for a senior discount....Jaymee

Banned Read only
    I am Paula Quine, because honestly speaking, I am a liar. This little joke amuses me no end, and probably reveals more about myself than I care to let on. Unless it doesn't!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My Femme last name? I'll never tell.

I feel like maybe I should take my wife's last name.

Made it up. Just seemed to work for me. Absolutely no relation to my real name. Thankfully.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I use a variation of my middle name for my femme last name. I don't have any kind of ID with that name on it, but I use it on websites.

I've always put variations on my male name when signing up on a website, entering a drawing, etc. It has been fun to see where that spelling of my name ends up. The junk mail you get tells a lot about how mailing lists are traded.

I chose a first name which has a very similar sound as my real name. That way if someone calls me I will respond automatically. (Alan to Ellen) I thought about using the name my Mother told me would have been mine if I was born a girl. I decided to use that as my last name. I use a last name because one of the TG groups I am in has a couple of Ellens and I thought it would be a good idea to make me stand apart. So I chose Ellen Paige. I don't really like my male life a lot and didn't want that name attached to my fem identity.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I dislike my male name, first, middle and last. So I went all the way and changed all three: Cynthia Katherine Davis. My family has produced its share of bums and losers, so I chose the last name of two of them who weren't. One of them financed my college education, and I'm proud to wear his name.

I chose my last name because it just seemed to sound right. I did not want to use my real last name because it is very unusual and there are only a handful of people in the country with the same last name. Also Ellen Jo Swift allows me to truely be my feminine self without any connection to my male self.

Oddly enough a few years ago I googled my last name in an attempt to find out more about that handful of people. At the time there was a VP at an insurance company in California with my last name and the first name of John. Their website had his picture. About a year later when I googled again the same company had a picture of a female in the same job with the name Joanne, again with my last name. From the picture John had transitioned to Joanne and was quite lovely BTW. I tried to contact her without success. I actually felt good about the fact that I may have a long lost relative that also had an extremely strong feminine side.
    EllenJo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

My last name Reder was chosen because of my natural hair color has a redish tint to it.... Reder
    Alanea