Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you think you should have been born female?

I think I should have been born a woman. I hate everything about myself and being a man. Causes me much pain whenever I see myself in the mirror fresh out of the shower, or wake up and look down... not seeing what I would like to see. I am being treated for my issues but this one will never be solved sadly. As much as I would like to do something about it all I lack the confidence in myself to be an giant amazon woman. I hate attention and that would draw more attention to me, way more than I can handle or want.
    Last edited by Sylvermane; 02-01-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Wasn't sure what I posted was under the rules.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

Who has some degree of transsexualism? Gender identity disorder? Gender incongruism?

Early computer programmers came up with this computer programming that goes like this: 0001010101010111111010101010010...and so on.

You are either 0 or 1 .......male or female. Binary computer code.

I am non-binary. The 0 vs. 1 thing does not apply to me.

There are times that I really wish I was female. But there are traits about women I don't like. I don't fit that mold. There are traits I like about being male. But not all. I wish I could live as whatever when I feel like being whatever I feel like at the time. This is confusing and annoying at times. I'm pretty sure I don't want to have sex with men. Even though I can crave having a penis in me. I haven't had that. So what do I know? I could celebrate all things female. But really girly girls who are driven and bound by convention doesn't work and that's annoying. But so are those manly traits that are blind to textures, feelings and sensual experiences. What does all of this mean? When I take the silly on lne tests, I'm a third sex. I'm between. Maybe we are all in the middle. So to answer the question, sometimes but not really. Clear?
    Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_redhead View Post
    there are definitely times when i feel like i want to know what it feels like to think like a girl and have a girl's body. i imagine it would be a wonderful experience and i may not want to return
    This was initially my thought as well; I felt that way for much of my life. Then at some point in my 20's I got a little more into the concept and came up with this: It was only the 'grass is greener' syndrome. I had to come up with a more thorough description of what a girl's daily life was like. And even then, I was willing to accept the negative things in order to 'get' to be the girl I thought I was supposed to be. Until.......I realized that I was simply exchanging one set of difficulties for another. A woman's life is definitely different. In brief; wake up earlier EVERY SINGLE DAY because it takes more time to take care of all the details of appearance and hygiene as a girl. You're looking at about an hour earlier a day.....of lost sleep; make up, clothing, etc.. Stepping out of the house, girls have to be aware of the safety factor that men routinely ignore. If you decide to wear a skirt or dress, there is the constant readjustment of them to avoid exposing yourself. Bra straps too need to be adjusted, whereas tshirts for guys need well, nothing, if they're even worn at all. Watch where you put your purse if you want to keep all your belongings, and also not damage anything in it, as well as avoid anyone else accidently doing so. Of course, carrying a purse everywhere when you're carrying anything else becomes a chore too. Love the long beautiful hair? Try to keep it out of your face, mouth and food (as well as during sex, keeping it out of other things as well). Every time you go to the bathroom, you have to check up on make up, hair and how your clothing is situated, whereas a guy just goes in, pees, occasionally washes his hands, and leaves (and yeah, lots of guys don't wash their hands; if you don't have any diseases and are normally clean, you can probably get away with this without any problems). Many women suffer from stress incontinence, or incontinence in general, for those who don't know, that means unintentionally urinating. Happens all the time, but they won't tell you about that, it's one reason lots of women wear panty liners or pads all the time. Lets not forget the problem with getting runs in the stockings by merely rubbing against anything that has ANY tiny rough thing protruding; even the tiniest splinter from what appears to be a finished part of wood furniture can do it. Eating, virtually every woman has to 'diet' constantly. See what the western hemisphere has become by women ignoring this by stress eating at the workplace, obesity has become an epidemic. So you can't eat what you want to. Of course, we cannot forget the one week a month of bleeding and cramps, now, can we. Surely that must be fun, right? Every female I've ever been with for more than a few dates has at some point been in the situation where she didn't have the 'female hygiene product' that she needed at an inopportune time, and either wound up stuffing her panties with tissue or something to go to the store, or sending me out on the errand (more fun, right?). Coming home from work, being expected to be a good cook and make something delicious every single night. For decades on end. Laundry, delicates, whites, light colors, darks. Hand washing certain things, laying them out to dry. Ironing. Washing herself? How many guys clean the tub? How often? Girls have to keep the tub clean, or risk infections you-know-where. So they have to scrub the tub, and everything around it, often. Of course lets not forget shaving every inch of skin below the scalp hairline. I don't know about you, but I can do my face in about a minute while in the shower. I'm sure a woman's body takes longer than that, not to mention the various contortions she has to go through to SEE parts of herself to shave.
    Hair. Her hair takes time; the ends of it are about a year old, and of course require different care than what's new and closer to the scalp. So washing and conditioning is a complicated event. Not to mention drying and styling. Which is different, depending on the humidity on different days. How often do you think guys have 'bad hair days'? Not too, really. But happens to girls all the time, and they stress over it.
    How about nails? Girl comes home, has dinner, does some chores, sits down and does her hails. Stuff happens; now, does she take care of it and have to do her nails all over again? Yup. Guys just wash our hands and we're done; what, a minute? For a girl, that's two hours of time to get the hands right again, polish takes time to dry hard.
    There's more. That was just some of the routine parts of a day.

Edit. Oh yeah. Thinking like a girl. You mean care free and focusing on clothes, dates, fun, right? Lets not forget the hormone influenced mood changes, feelings driving thoughts instead of facts (woman's intuition, right?), difficulty with directions being misinterpreted because men 'see' the world better in 3 D in our heads (women tend to focus on landmarks and direction changes, not on distance or compass). I can't even begin to ponder all of what seems to us as nonsensical rambling discussion about nothing in particular, which all women seem to do constantly.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 02-01-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Lexi, most of the things you mentioned are variables. I do half of that stuff anyway, and there are plenty of women who don't fit those stereotypes.
    Peace and love, - Christy

Been born female.........Ho yes!!!

Julie

I have always wondered what it would be like to be born female and would we have the same concepts as we do being male!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LIKETODRESS2 View Post
    Everyday I wake up I wish i was borned a female
    I feel the same. I wish for it every day.
    Kristen
    "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK..."

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    You are probably familiar with the Turing Test, devised by Alan Turing. It is a famous test of artificial intelligence. If a human can't tell that a dialogue with a computer is with a computer, then can the computer be considered to have a form of human intelligence?

What is less known is that Turing first developed the test as a test of gender. If one believes that a conversation was with a woman, then is the conversation partner in some sense a woman?

I do wish I would have been born female.

One problem with the concept behind this thread is that if you were born female you wouldn't have the male perspective that most of us have regarding what it's like to be female. So, the long hair, the boobs, etc., would be all you know. In fact, if you were born female you might grow up wishing you were a guy! Then you'd be in the same mess. Nope, I don't wish I was born female. However, I do wish I could get closer to understanding what they think, how they feel, how they view the world, etc. I just wish there was a way to get inside their heads for a week, a month, whatever. Maybe there will be some technology that allows that down the road. Imagine how we could all round out our approach to people with that understanding.

I think all of us that have tried on a skirt, lingerie or heels have thought about being born a girl. Started dressing when I was really young like pretty much all of us but never thought of changing to be a girl or wish I was one. I guess there is a difference between people that want to transition and those of us that just love the clothes and the experience of being feminine with the opportunity to go back and act like regular men.
    Live, Laugh, Love.........

No , because I believe crossdressing is a outward expression of a inward feeling not who I am only part of who I am.

Hugs , Nikki Rich

Banned Read only
    This is a great thread.
    I'm not sure how to answer this. Part of me instantly says 'yes', and 'it's all I've ever wanted.'
    The other part of me knows that, in fact, it would take TWO wishes for me to get what is implicit in this thread - being born a normal girl. So in fact, I expect that had I been born a girl, my life would've been much harder, and just because of the issues all women face.

So I think maybe my answer has to be 'no'.

I was born a male, but I have since circa 1956 wanted to live my adult life as a female. I'll accept my life as it has devoloped. I live as a woman, but I'm still a male beneath the clothes.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

No I don't as I'm happy as a male who can get into his female mode but only wish it were more often. It's always a tough decision to move to the other side permanently I'm sure but somehow I find it quite erotic being a male, yet being a female when I can... It's always confusing isn't it....

I can remember crying myself to sleep one night in my late 30's because I thought I should of been a women all along. Now at 54 I look back on it and I am very happy with my life. I enjoy being a grandfather and life, but it is so nice to put on a dress in private later and read about others who are brave enough to venture out in public... Maybe it's the anti-depressants?

Definitely YES.I would be having much more fun as a woman.I'm almost literally uncomfortable in my own skin.I was never much in sync being male even when I was very young.
    My male life never really worked out.
    I much prefer feminine privilege over male privilege.Women are sexually superior to men.Every day I wish I could start over as female.

The thought definetly has crossed my mind but then I think of what that would entail and I dont think I could handle that time of the month well

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Who has some degree of transsexualism? Gender identity disorder? Gender incongruism?

Early computer programmers came up with this computer programming that goes like this: 0001010101010111111010101010010...and so on.

You are either 0 or 1 .......male or female. Binary computer code.

ahhhhh......no there is more than 1 and 0 if you apply boolean algebra there is also a "not" 1 (which is a 1 with a line over the top, and there is a "not" 0 which is a zero with a line across the top.

A "not" 1 is.... not 1, but also is not 0.....a "not" 0 is not 0 but is also not 1.

so the question is if you are not 1 or 0 can you be a "not" 1 or a "not" 0 ?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by LIKETODRESS2 View Post
    Everyday I wake up I wish i was borned a female
    It's the same for me also....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

No, I enjoy my males side as well as my female side. For me one cannot exist with out the other.

a lot of you they should have been born female.
    but obviously you were born male.

so my question is: do you think you should have been born female, but now you are male (and identify as one) and you like to crossdress.
    or are do you think you are female, born in the wrong body (transsexual)?

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyLynn28 View Post
    I definitely wish I was born a female. I would've loved experiencing my missed girl moments of life: cheerleading, dating boys, prom, college as a girl, being a bride, childbirth, and being a mommy.
    See, this is what I kind of expected; it's the 'idealized' fantasy of what being a female is assumed to be. Reality is way, way different. So, just to make it a little more clear: Not every girl who wants to be one makes the cheer squad. Some don't get asked out on dates, and not every girl gets to go to the prom, or to college. Not every woman gets married, or has children, or is a mother. So, how about that; how many would still choose to be female if you knew all those things weren't going to be part of that life?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Should I have been born female - I thought so, I did not like that I was male. I could not understand it.

I could have done without all the confusion and discomfort about my gender that plagued me through most of my life.

But it is what it is. Those were the cards that were dealt. Now in my 40's I have actually done something about it. Today I can live my life as a woman, my body can be altered - I'll never have the same experiences most women have, or be entirely passable, but I can live authentically today.

I am surprised so many here say they should have been, who say they are female inside, but don't do anything about it if they know that to be true about themselves.