Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you say is the most unusual female attire you have ever worn?

What would you say is the most unusual female attire you have ever worn?

I have worn dresses and uniforms and special occassion attire but I am wondering if any of you have worn something out of the norm for your everyday use. I have to say that one of the real lunchroom ladies uniforms complete, white blouse and black skirt with red smock and white shoes, apron, hair-net and gloves from a local high school would qualify for mine. I don't know why I had to get into that outfit but it was different!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I have a white nurse dress. I have worn women's volleyball uniforms a long tine ago
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Probably the first outfit I wore to go out in public. I must have looked like a gypsy or some kind of throwback hippie. Before the evening was done I'd realized how outlandish it looked and changed to a sweater and slacks and was able to feel much more comfortable. Other unusual items usually fall into the costume category and were worn just for that effect.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I have a thing about uniforms. I have cheerleader outfits and some military uniform sets. Of course those aren't worn in public. I would love to get a 60s era stewardess uniform made to fit me.

I 'borrowed' a candystriper's uniform back when I was a volunteer in a hospital, way back when I was 14. It had apparently been left in the coat room for quite a long time, with the girl's nametag of one who hadn't been there for well over a year. I assumed she was gone for good (turned out to be correct) so I took it home and tried it on. Didn't quite fit, though, she was apparently much shorter than I was. It was kind of a sad feeling to bring it back and put it on the hanger, knowing no one would ever wear it again (especially, me).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

WOW this brings back memories. I would have to say what I called a granny dress. It was full length, lined, down to just above my ankles. I got it for free, tried it on and it hung on me like a sack. Needless to say, i never wore it again, not even as a joke. Veronnie2

I have worn hockey, tennis, basketball and cheerleaders outfits and taken part in those sports.
    It is probably not unusual wearing these clothes for a purpose.
    The most unusual was a maternity dress when I was made up to look like a pregnant woman.
    I was put on a crowded subway train and hidden cameras were used to see if someone would let me have a seat.
    It took 10 minutes to get a seat and then I had to move quickly to get it.
    Made interesting television.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The maturity clothes are unusal for normal! But a great story there. I have worn my late wife's maternaty dresses to but they were of a style that was like a shift dress and worked for everyday PG or not. Another outfit I wore that was out of the norm was my MIL's cocktail dress and complete outfit, it was a wonderful experiance but completely outside of my style. And that is part of what made it so much fun and interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran

I once wore a bridal gown with crineling(sp?) and I've tried out feminine scrubs.

I'd say a maternity bathing suit (a one piece). Gave me a nice chest that's for sure with all its padding.

outhiking: "crinoline"

I've worn a number of 'out of the norm' outfits...just to broaden the range of clothes I've worn. I have a bridal gown, a uniform worn by the women who make up the rooms at hotels, swimwear, Nurses uniform, cheerleading wear, prom dress, a real 1890s looking prairie dress, maternity wear, and most recently, 'old lady' wear -what was the norm for seniors in the 70s. It's all fun, and isn't this part of what dressing is about? Like most here however, my 'normal' wardrobe is filled with age appropriate contemporary stuff.

I have worn a maids outfit, a tennis skirt and sports bra, and I have a cute sailor's dress with hat and cufflinks, really cute. I am dying to try on a wedding dress or prom dress.

I wore a roaring 20's flapper dress, with lots of fringe on it. Originally, it was a costume for a school show my sister was in. Then I wore it for Halloween one year (I suspect the OP didn't mean to include Halloween costumes as "most unusual"). But I liked wearing it (hey, I'm a CD), and at the time I didn't have any dresses of my own, so when I got the chance I'd dig it out of the attic and wear it, along with a wig and my sister's high heels (vintage mismatch, but I didn't care).

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly117 View Post
    I have worn a maids outfit, a tennis skirt and sports bra, and I have a cute sailor's dress with hat and cufflinks, really cute. I am dying to try on a wedding dress or prom dress.
    Same! I've been trying to gather the courage to hit up a local prom gown consignment shop. I've really just got no where to store it once I get it!

The only unusual thing I wear on a regular basis are my petticoats and maybe a corset, I try and wear them at least once or twice a month. Petticoats and corsets are my thing! I would so be a Lolita girl if I was an actual GG.
    A Southern Belle of the 21st century.

Flickr link for the interested, http://www.flickr.com/people/ashleemara/

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." -Oscar Wilde

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    These r probably in the top 10. But, I specialize in unusual!

Grabbed Frame 17 (2).jpg 36975.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    These r probably in the top 10. But, I specialize in unusual!

Grabbed Frame 17 (2).jpg
    I adore that pink outfit! I would love to have a similar one!
    A Southern Belle of the 21st century.

Flickr link for the interested, http://www.flickr.com/people/ashleemara/

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." -Oscar Wilde

Nicole it wasn't really my intent for any specific costume or uniform or even style, just what you like you were saying. Anything out of the usual for the indiviual. And the point you made about this is part of what makes CDing so much fun is totally true. And sharing these concepts not only entertain but can provide thought to inspire someone else to try something "off the hook" and maybe even learn something new in the precess.
    I hope more people look at this and share so far it's been fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran

My tutu. I had a professional tutu skirt made by a company in Moldova, and then sewed a bodice myself to fit over top of the skirt to complete my tutu. It has always been a dream of mine to own a tutu, and while I don't regret finally getting one it is a very impractical garment for day to day use.

For me it is not too weird. It was a Hooters uniform. It was fun to wear but I didn't quite have the hooters for it.

Tab

I once, in my younger days, wore a full black fishnet bodystocking. Not the most comfortable item of apparell, especially as i wore it for the whole day and an evening out, under more modest drabs. I thought it looked sexy as hell in the mirror though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly117 View Post
    I am dying to try on a wedding dress or prom dress.
    I have never worn a wedding dress but LOVE prom dresses and have several. You should try one!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleeM View Post
    I adore that pink outfit! I would love to have a similar one!
    It's nothing more than a shiny leotard and a matching tutu, Ashlee. Just Google: "dance wear" and you'll get a number of good online sellers!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    It's nothing more than a shiny leotard and a matching tutu, Ashlee. Just Google: "dance wear" and you'll get a number of good online sellers!
    I've always wanted to wear a Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders uniform

Sorry for going off thread but I saw a guy yesterday he must have lost a bet as what he was wearing was odd to say the least. He wore short black wellington boots, tight black leggings with a white dress over the top he had a black fisherman's hat on his head and a open pink umbrella and it wasn't raining. he also hadn't shaved for a couple of days. My wife says she has seen him before in town and she said " He must be dressing to get attention ". I thought the idea of cross dressing was to blend.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea lace View Post
    I thought the idea of cross dressing was to blend.
    Not everyone has the same goals, Andrea... I am acquainted with at least one gurl who definitely dresses to get attention....

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!