Thread: Coincidence?

Coincidence?

This morning I was having coffee with my GG friends. We're a group of 5-7 women that meet every morning over lattes. I'm the only TG. One of them mentioned their daughter's pregnancy, which of course sparked the 'does she know what she's going to have?' question. 'She's certain it's going to be a girl'. The topic for the next few minutes was women's 'gut feel' about the sex of a child. It seems women have an uncannny accuracy for guessing the sex, and it gets more accurate on 2nd and subsequent births. Among my group, on their third child all of them got it right. None of them has a transgender child.

Here's the enigma. My mother guessed the sex of her first two children right. (boy, then girl). On her third pregnancy she was SO certain I was going to be a girl that she named me (Sarah), and had decorated my room. Guess what...she was only partly correct. She renamed me a male name, redecorated, and raised me normally.

It wasn't until today that 2+2 suddenly didn't equal 4. Is there any possibility that my gender status was not only predetermined, but predicted in utero by my mother? Just coincidence or has anyone else discovered this?-Celeste

Celeste,we have something in common as my mom had picked out a girl name and had pink clothes for me because she was so sure I would be a girl. She dressed me in pink until her sisters gave her so much flak she quit. I was an only child until I was 7 and she used to put polish on my toenails when she did hers. When I was 7 my sister was born and there went my girly existence.
    Danielle

I have wondered about this as well. The doctors kept telling my mother that I was a girl before I was born. So mom was a little surprised when a boy popped out! I have a nephew that was supposed to be a niece up until he was born too. I am watching from a distance to see if I notice any CD traits or habits.

Tiffany

I was going to be named Laura. Not sure if they had clothes picked out but I do have an older sister. I would have got and me downs. Interesting theory.

Tab

A lot of mistaken guesses at birth are brought up in their early years as girls,because the mother has usually wanted a girl.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.