Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drag queen ?!

Banned Read only

drag queen ?!

what you think about drag queen? would you like to be one? or you think NO?

I love drag queens and I can’t think of a better way to earn a living. I was born to it but missed the boat.

[Yes I know I am looking at it with rose tinted glasses but what the heck]
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-27-2013 at 02:54 PM.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I have nothing against drag queens, i have gone to see them in a show etc.

I wouldn't want to be a drag queen and probably not emulate any drag queens with one exception.
    I like the look of Sheila Wolf, a burlesque performer in Berlin (Queeresque)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am one actually, an unofficial one at least, as I sometimes perform for shows and charity events. It is fun to say the least.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I prefer female impersonators as opposed to campy drag queens. Dated one of the best for a while at the Queen Mary.
    I never did like the clownish look of so many queens.

Banned Read only
    Drag Queens are entertainers and really a caricature of a woman. Not what I am going for.

I think drag queens have alot of fun with what they are doing, Can't blame them for that.
    But that is not really the look or what I am going for.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    I always thought that Drag queens were mostly gay men who were mocking femininity with these way out costumes and the big hair,even their names like "Gloria Hole" are kinda out there.I will not knock them because they are basically part of the LGBT community and we have to stick together even if we are different

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I know lots of drag queens in the NW Washington area. Most of them are good people and friendly, but for the most part I'm sort of underwhelmed with their over-the-top costuming, wild makeup, and lip syncing. I'd rather see some real talent from real people. One of my favorite exceptions is Madison Lane. Not only is she gorgeous, walks in heels like a dream, makes her own costumes and corsets, but she's as sweet a person as you'll ever meet.[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Member
    I would not want to do drag, just not my thing.
    I can appreciate the effort they put in though. You gotta think - they are busting their butts to entertain the audience.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post

I wouldn't want to be a drag queen and probably not emulate any drag queens with one exception.
    She is gorgeous, Darla. Wow.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Silver Member
    I wouldn't mind having some of their wardrobes.

I've only been to one drag/female impersonator show. It was very entertaining. I can appreciate the effort that goes into it. Yes, the look is over the top for me, but I wouldn't mind being made up like that just for fun.

Banned Read only
    images1.jpeg
    Ok maybe i was a little hard on them,sorry...now this is a drag queen,Go Girl

Silver Member
    NO!!! It is much like the difference between a berlesque queen and an everyday GG. I don't relate. Been to several of their shows and enjoy them, but I don't relate. I know that many people think CDs are like the drag queens, but in reality I have more in common with the next door woman.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post

To me, these pictures are not of drag queens but beautiful women or female impersonators on the high end levels. Drag Queens bring to mind RuPaul, and the over the top version of dressing up. Just my opinion and I know im int he minority
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I am attracted to drag queens but then again I am attracted to all forms of femininity, even in such an over the top form.

I would love to have a Grag Queen make me up, over the top! I think it would be a blast!

Would not be one for several reasons but some of them are friendly enough. Most tend to ignore me so we just agree to ignore each other. Personally lip syncing is low entertainment but if you do it, learn the song, the words and the timing. Maybe a little choreography too
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany_Anne_Fae View Post
    To me, these pictures are not of drag queens but beautiful women or female impersonators on the high end levels. Drag Queens bring to mind RuPaul, and the over the top version of dressing up. Just my opinion and I know im int he minority
    actually she (Sheila Wolf) bills it as a cross between drag queen and burlesque or as she refers to it as queeresque. not all drag queens go to the seem over the top look

Banned Read only
    Let's make sure that we don't confuse the entertainment aspect of drag queen performances with how they look compared to real women. Comedy is an overstatement of what is true. Drag queens are just an overstatement or a caricature of femininity, that's all. I've been to drag performances and had a fun time. Perhaps we're thinking too much...

I was openly encouraged to be a drag queen when I was younger.
    Work commitments made me hesitant to do it apart from talent nights when you could remain anonymous.
    I stayed as a cd er and attended Sunday talent nights as a guest.
    The girls, some of them gay and most did not dress apart from stage work anyway.
    I looked more like a girl than they did because they would always exaggerate their appearance.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

well i would sure like to be a drag queens, i think they are gorgeous and lovely

Drag Queens are fun, but no, I would not want to be one. I'm happy being the woman I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Don't know exactly how much they make but I don't think it would support my current life style and pay for all those costumes... lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos