Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A regular outing with a twist - good or bad?

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar

A regular outing with a twist - good or bad?

A most unusual thing happened when I was out dressed today.

I was sitting in the food area of a local shopping mall when a pleasantly attractive female in her 30s went passed with a big kindly smile. I assumed that she was looking at someone behind me although she seemed to be looking at me. There was no malice so I let it go.

Shortly after she came straight up to me (I'm over 60). Touching me on my arm - "Sweetie, I just had to stop and tell you how attractive you are looking". She hoped I was having a great day. I thanked her appreciatively as she quickly left.

Wow ... talk about mixed emotions. Confirmed again what I know - I don't pass under inspection. She was so genuinely pleased to have seen me and spoken to me, and so nice with her comments that I couldn't take exception. Indeed, her acceptance was very encouraging and rewarding.

I have so many unanswered questions. Unless she has had very major surgery, voice training, etc etc, she was a GG - so what is her connection to the CD community? Why such genuine interest? I guess I'll never know but it turned an ordinary outing into one quite memorable.

Any similar experiences?

Yes, I had a very similary experience. Was in the airport and headed to my gate for my first time "flying pretty" when a lady comes up to me out of nowhere just to tell me how nice I look. She said it in such a way that I felt she had read me but wanted to show her support. I was a bit self-conscious for a while after that, but got on my flight with no problem and was treated just like everyone else. Just like you, I kept wondering what prompted her to come up to a complete stranger just to give an ordinary compliment. There were GGs in the area that definitely looked better than me, so why single me out for a compliment?

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Michelle,
    I'm in our exclusive over 60 group and go out regularly in SF and the majority of times meet GG's in their 20's and 30's. It most likely has nothing to do with her association with the CD community although it could, but during one of my conversations, it came out that she was comfortable and not threatened in any way nor did she feel I was "hitting" on her. It was just good conversation with a little curiosity on her part.
    If it happens again, get into a conversation.
    Rach

Banned Read only
    there are women who are fascinated by transsexual and sometimes act worse then guys with the COME ONS but I think she might have just enjoyed looking at you.

there are gg women tranny chasers

It happened to me when younger a couple of times.
    I did not pay attention to it but I was told that some women see you as transitioning and like to give you encouragement and confidence.
    As Luscious has said there are tranny chasers and I did have trouble giving a rather attractive girl the slip as her conversation and suggestions to me seemed sleazy and made me uncomfortable.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by luscious View Post

i need names and numbers.. just kidding.. i had a woman tell me that she had been watching me all day
    and that i was so beautiful not going to lie it feels good when someone tells you that.

First up...Take the compliment and run with it!!! Over analyzing it will only dilute the good feeling.

The front desk girl at a downtown hotel once came around the desk, and followed me up the corridor for a few feet, then she called out 'Escuse me, miss'. I sorta did a 'Who, me?' to her, and she said 'yes'. She told me how nice I looked, and said I was wearing a look she just can't pull off. I thanked her for the compliment. Then came the part that threw me. She asked how she could get her husband to dress up for her. (She didn't look a day over 21). I told you that she couldn't really MAKE someone do it, but to buy a pair of pretty panties for him, and suggest he try them on. She thanked me, at we both went our ways. Made my day.-Celeste

I have had this happen a few times - very warm feeling of acceptance - not degrading at all.......................Debra

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luscious View Post
    there are women who are fascinated by transsexual and sometimes act worse then guys with the COME ONS but I think she might have just enjoyed looking at you.

OK, you have my attention now!

I have had this happen too. As Rachael says, they feel comfortable around us. I truly believe that the woman was giving you a true compliment. Of course, she could have meant it that you look terrific as a man dressed in women's clothing, but for me anyway, that is still a great compliment.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CassandraSmith View Post
    OK, you have my attention now!
    What could I add to this comment?

Michelle, I think it sounds like a genuine compliment,.....lucky you! I'll just sit here and be jealous.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have had it happen a few times and its a very nice feeling to be accepted.

Banned Read only
    Michelle, and, the others who have experienced a simple unexpected compliment from a GG, I wonder how many of those women have a father, brother, son or husband who are cross dressers. They would know the anxiety those loved ones may have experienced with family, friend, job and church and wish to show their support.

Banned Read only
    No Michelle, I don't get those kinds of compliments.

But since you asked for possible explanations...

It IS possible is it not that just maybe she was once married to or partnered with a GREAT guy in so many ways who just happened to be a CDer and she ditched him strictly because of his CDing? Maybe has dated nothing but scumbags and losers ever since and has come to the realization that she made a big mistake?

And now goes out of her way to support men who are "unique"?

ALL "grownups" act the way they do because of the things they have learned in their past, sometimes the hardest way of all with a broken heart. Even smiling faces sometimes lie but I have learned to simply accept compliments as genuine and not concern myself with any possible motive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Michelle, and, the others who have experienced a simple unexpected compliment from a GG, I wonder how many of those women have a father, brother, son or husband who are cross dressers.
    I was going to say this, too, Stephanie, but you beat me to it. You never know, but this woman possibly had some link to the trans community.

I know what you're saying, Michelle. You'd like to fly under the radar. It's not always possible. I live in a small town, and I doubt if there are many people at this point who don't know who I am. The other day, in a café, as she was serving me my coffee, the waitress said to me, "Here you are, Annabelle." I'd never told anybody in that place my name, but word gets around.

Sometimes I wish I were in a place where nobody knew me so that I could be more or less anonymous. Then I tell myself how foolish I'm being. In this town, people accept me, they're nice to me, they don't hassle me in any way. I get lots of friendly words, I get the odd compliment. So what's there to complain about?

Remember: whatever the motivation for it, a smile is far better than a slap in the face. Right?

Best wishes, Annabelle

I think that women can appreciate the effort we need to look presentable in most cases. As such they do go out of their way to acknowledge and support us. That is as long as we are not their husbands in many cases.
    Take it as a complement and enjoy it.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    The other thing that has occurred to me is that if a woman were ever abused in any way by a man, she might feel a lot safer with one of us for a potential friend, lover, companion.

I've had that happen also and I know I don't pass. I just think it is genuine acceptance from an open minded person.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Michelle,
    One more thing that I forgot to mention in my first reply is that once you have started a conversation with them, they are totally disarmed. The conversation becomes more about every other topic and less about how you are dressed.
    R

I don't know how I'd react if this happened to me. Anyway, good for you!

Silver Member
    More than likely, she knows someone who is trans (friend, family member) and/or has contact with those in the trans community (hairstylist who has trans clients or such); this might make her to feel comfortable enough to approach a stranger who is a trans person and talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    No Michelle, I don't get those kinds of compliments.
    It IS possible is it not that just maybe she was once married to or partnered with a GREAT guy in so many ways who just happened to be a CDer and she ditched him strictly because of his CDing? Maybe has dated nothing but scumbags and losers ever since and has come to the realization that she made a big mistake?
    I can't say it is common, but I have met a few GGs over the years who have had that exact experience, and eventually had a crossdressing partner again. (I knew a GG in that circumstance who was somewhat interested in me, but could not get over the big age gap, alas.)

Silver Member
    When a youngen, I was told that I would make a beautiful/cute/great girl. The truth was I could pass and was told that I did and some people never knew. As I aged time was not kind. As time passed my maleness showed over the years somewomen would compliment me but was it had more to do with my dress than passing.

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    Michelle,
    One more thing that I forgot to mention in my first reply is that once you have started a conversation with them, they are totally disarmed. The conversation becomes more about every other topic and less about how you are dressed.
    R
    I genuinely enjoy having conversations with admiring ,accepting women.It goes a long way toward spreading acceptance and some understanding of the "T" world.I find that mentioning that I have a pretty wife and daughter that are good with it all,really breaks the ice..There is not a whole lot of us running around,so meeting and having a conversation with a "T" is a rarity for most.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Some really interesting replies ... thanks. Isn't it interesting that our experiences are never unique?

I suspect like some that she had someone close who CDed and therefore understood us. It seemed like there was a friendly connection and she knew how to handle her approach to not cause concern.

Sadly she rushed off and I couldn't engage in conversation. Part of the mystery ....

I believe the best came to me when a sales women in JCPenny's was helping me to find something and when I checked out to told me "for a man you do make a nice looking women". I was in heaven all day.