Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont' it just figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I disagree Abigail. In the private sector, working is not a right. Do well and no employer will fire you, that is just good business sense. No one should be able to keep a job just becasue they have that job. Everyone must show their value.
    Working is a privlege. Not a right. That is the way it should always be.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Let me dispell a few assumptions.
    1. I am not a slacker. When I am employed to do a job I give it everything I've got, and then some.
    2. I did not lie to my employer about "Who I am" or "What gender I am." I don't play games like that.
    3. Did I strictly adhere to the company's dress code? Yes.
    4. Did I always show up for work on time? Yes. I'm always show up 30 min's to an hour early because I walk to work and it takes about an hour to get there. I don't like being late for anything. That's just me.

Aspiring Member
    Dawn,

It sounds like your very capable. Please dont take this the wrong way but i think your effort in worrying about Walmart could be redirected to looking for a new place of employment. Walmart and big chain stores are always firing people for no reason. Toys-R-Us laid off my wife years ago, because she had to take maternity leave...After her leave was over she showed up for work, just to have the manager tell her she didnt have a job...

They replace people at Their convenience.

Id say, chin up, let your feet hit the street and start applying everywhere. Sounds like you will do fine.

Smile,
    -Donni-

Just a little add-on: As transgendered individuals "We have the right to live. To exist." Unless we allow our selves to have that right taken away from us, either through our own actions or by the actions of others. Believe me when I say that I've had people tell me that "I should just kill myself and be done with it." Because I have. But that isn't going to solve anything. That's just giving up. I won't do that!
    Life is too precious.
    Yes. It can be hard sometimes. It's supposed to be. If it was easy we wouldn't learn anything. We wouldn't have the ability to adapt and change inorder to overcome things. This is what makes us strong and determined individuals. It is part of who we are.

As for how my daughter is doing in her battle against cancer? She has her good days and her bad ones. We go ice skating allot. I love to see her smile. Recently she went to see her first concert. It was "Lady Ga Ga." She loved it!
    Sadly she not been able to continue undergoing her chemo therapy because her health insurance as a spouse of a military veteren was taken away. So too was the prospect of getting a bone marrow transplant. She can't even get the pain medications that help her get through the day.
    We are working on getting her some kind of medical help with that.
    On the bright side. Since I stopped working at Walmart I've been able to spend more time looking after my grandson. He calls me "P-Pa". He can be a terror some times but I love him anyways. I'm thankful to be able to spend time with him and it takes the burden off my daughter. I'm teaching him how to ice skate too. He does pretty good. But he likes to cling to my leg allot. He's only 3 yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by DonniDarkness View Post
    Dawn,

It sounds like your very capable. Please dont take this the wrong way but i think your effort in worrying about Walmart could be redirected to looking for a new place of employment. Walmart and big chain stores are always firing people for no reason. Toys-R-Us laid off my wife years ago, because she had to take maternity leave...After her leave was over she showed up for work, just to have the manager tell her she didnt have a job...

They replace people at Their convenience.

Id say, chin up, let your feet hit the street and start applying everywhere. Sounds like you will do fine.

Smile,
    -Donni-
    It would be nice to be able to do just that. But unfortunately I have to look after my grandson. Right now my daughter can't. She's in too much pain all the time.

"Sadly she not been able to continue undergoing her chemo therapy because her health insurance as a spouse of a military veteren was taken away. "

This is an interesting comment. Some quick questions: Was this a preexisting condition prior to her husband leaving the military? Have you contacted the nearest VA medical clinic for assistance? How about contacting one of the service organizations for assistance? I'm talking about the DAV, VFW, American Legion, etc. All have service officers who assume the position soley to help veterans and their families get the medical assistance needed. There is good reason to believe she may get assistance from the nearest VA hospital. Do contact them. And no it doesn't matter that she is not the vet, what matters is that she is the wife of a vet.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    or Texas may be one of the states where they can fire you at will. They don't need a reason and I can promise you that Wal-mart would NEVER say it was because you are TG even if that was their reason, they won't say it.
    What is to be gained by pursuing this. Give it up. Move on to better things.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    Due to the fact that on two seperate occsasions during a three mth period I was offered less visable positions in the store in order to get me off the front end. Each time I refused the offer I was met with some form of retaliation by management. ( I can not go into details about this at this time.)
    This is the reason most likely, but you will never prove it in court and Wal Mart has hundreds of lawyers. (better ones than you will have) That company is known for not treating the employees well. My ex used to work there for almost 7 years and never once had a weekend or holiday off without taking vacation time. If they want to move you to a different department and you refuse they often let you go. They did you a favor letting you go.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

besides the legal question (sometimes you may need to do what you are passionate about, but make sure you gain something from it, either experience, money, contacts or something)... from the very few posts I've read of your history, I picture you as spending a lot of time around people who were down in the dumps. This can influence the way you act around other people who are used to having higher standards. People don't like to know about other people's problems, they just want to go to work and live in their own little happy bubble. So, what you may need to do is get out of the house and try again, but this time do a lot of listening (listening, not talking) and learning and if something is not working, don't refuse to do what your employer asks...it may be wrong, but it may be better to just document the issues and work from the inside to make changes later. I once knew someone who failed out of school because he was an alcoholic. I met him a decade later when he 'said' he was changing his life, but it was still all that he wanted to talk about. My friends shunned him because they were dealing with different issues like paying there mortgages and they could not relate to him. I don't know if he finally was successful, but if he had talked about his job and shared his passion for doing a great job, people would have respected him for his hard work. Remember, people eventually find out your life struggles and they will try help you (they are living with their own struggles too so they can't become too emotionally involved), but you have to be forward looking...and focused on getting to the next level. ...its not really about money or getting better stuff, its about becoming a better person ...do some of the things successful people are doing...read 'Steven Covey's 7 Habits or the 'Weathy Barber'...
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by RitaCD View Post
    What is to be gained by pursuing this. Give it up. Move on to better things.
    When we allow an injustice to go unchallanged it takes away from us each time....bit by bit...until there are no freedoms left.

Has your daughter checked out a government sponsored insurance plan for pre-existing conditions? Click here for details.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Dawnmarrie - on the medication front, it might be worth checking out these two sites

http://www.pparx.org/

http://www.freemedicineprogram.org/

Stay strong - Amanda.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!