Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walk on the wild side?

Walk on the wild side?

I'm generally not a superstitious person, but does anyone else feel like the universe is trying to tell them something when Walk on the Wild Side comes on the radio? Or Lola? I was deep in thought about my CDing on the way to work today when WotWS came on, and I was just like, "yep."

Is it just me?

I'm always walking on the wild side Arianna.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

i alway thought it was interesting how things seem to work out not just with crossdressing but
    with everything

the other day i was talking to a frind of mine in line at wally world about stuff i needed for my
    new house the guy line behide us over heard me told me he was moving and i can come pick
    up every thing he was getting ride of turns out the stuff he was getting ride of was the stuff
    i needed.....blessing belive me...
    but it is amazing how if you pay enuff attention every thing in the world falls in place
    at the right time.

i almost never go to wally world and i was on the other side of town really (what are the odds)

i have other examples but thats the best on i got.

Don't like either one. Maybe the universe is telling me to change stations
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I don't think it tells me anything but I love the song Lola. And I guess because I am TG it always makes me smile.

There are a few themed songs out there but as for telling me anything......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    It's strange but there isn't a single song that's about CD that works for me including Wild Thing also.

However, Electric Barbarella is going to be the theme song of my movie!

Others: Notorious, How Soon Is Now, Low, Poker Face and some others are on my dance playlist.

I don't particularly love either song, but it always smile when they come on the radio! I know I'm just reading into random coincidences. But it makes me feel better.

Banned Read only
    This reminds me of the time when I had just come out to my wife and we were going to our mountain home and I was dressed. I started the car and the song that came up on my iPod and out the speakers was "Just a Girl" by No Doubt. My wife goes, "Did you plan that?" I didn't. But when I hear it now I always think of that.

"...when Walk on the Wild Side comes on the radio? Or Lola?" Yay...those were 2 of my fave songs. Another one...I Want You To Want Me (Cheap Trick).

(...and I was just like, "yep.") <-- that made me smile. so cute.

Polythene Pam does it for me, all 72 seconds of it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Arianna, it's just u!

Now, if you'd said the "1812 Overture" or "Ride of the Valkeries", I mite change my mind!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AriannaRenee View Post
    I'm generally not a superstitious person, but does anyone else feel like the universe is trying to tell them something when Walk on the Wild Side comes on the radio? Or Lola? I was deep in thought about my CDing on the way to work today when WotWS came on, and I was just like, "yep."

Is it just me?
    Well, the odds against goin' to heaven, 6 to 1....

A song that is really starting to have more meaning is "Both Sides Now"

Specifically the version by Paul Young and Clannad. It was featured in the movie Switch.
    "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." - Chinese Fortune Cookie, 1-27-13

Gold Member
    I love those two songs, I can remember every word.
    Rader

I know what you mean. Those are both great songs and I love when those weird coincidences happen.
    Peace and love, - Christy

Ride of Valeries
    Brings back memories of walking by the tanks filled with jellied gasoline in the hangar bay and later when Duvall says: "I love the smell of napalm in the morning!" (Funny how it is possible to string random thoughts together into something that makes perfect sense to the one doing the thinking!)

"1812" was way too noisy, and even Tchaikovsky thought so after hearing it played the first time.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    "Walk On The Wild Side" nearly caused me to have the talk with my fiancee...one day, as we were in the car and I had the radio on the SiriusXM 70's channel, the song started playing, and I started singing along, as it is a good song. As the first verse ended, my fiancee said, for some reason, "What, would you do that? You have dressed as a woman, haven't you?" I didn't admit anything...at least not that day. But when I had the talk with her, I used that song as the icebreaker, saying, "You nearly got me then."

If it had been "Lola" that came on the radio, it probably wouldn't have come up, as I'd probably have been singing the lyrics to "Weird Al" Yankovic's "Yoda" to the song.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Always wanted to be one of the backup singers, wearing a short-short gold lame' dress, shiny black stockings, matching heels and a sixties beehive hairdo. Singing: "Do, do-do, do do-do, do, do-do do do do-do" At least I can remember the words.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

I am a massive Kinks fan so gotta say I like LOLa but "Out of the Wardrobe" from their Misfits album is the best CD song that I am aware of.

I got the album in high school and was It never gets played on the radio, but I enjoy listening to the song from time to time. Another song on the album has the line "Live life for yourself, you can't live life for anyone else..." also spoke to my confused teenaged mind.

Banned Read only
    Personal favorite for revealing one's self...

Bonnie Raitt - Tangled and Dark

Gonna get into it
    Down where it's tangled and dark
    Way on into it, Baby
    Down where your fears are parked.
    Gonna tell the truth about it,
    Honey that's the hardest part.
    When we get through it, Baby
    You're gonna give up your heart.

Gonna get into it, Baby
    Gonna give them demons a call
    Way on into it Baby
    Gonna find out once and for all
    Gonna get a little risky, Baby
    Honey that's my favorite part
    When we get through it, Baby
    We're gonna give up our hearts.

Well, there's no turnin back,
    No turnin back, this time
    Well there's no turnin back,
    No turnin back

No use in runnin
    It's always the same
    You can count on the panic
    It's the faces that change
    To get this love off the block
    So take a deep breath
    Let's look under the rock

Yep Arianna, same thing happened to me today on the way to work, same thoughts, same song. Kind of makes you feel like its good Karma.

I have both songs on a CD that I play in the truck a lot. But then I like Rodney Carrington as well; my ringtone is his "Titties And Beer"!

Leah

Our local classic rock station has a favirate 5 @ 5... E-mail your fave 5 songs and if they play them you win a "fabulous life changing prize"
    One day when I'm tinking about it I need to send in:
    Lola (the Kinks) (I think it's the Kinks anyway?)
    Walk on the wild side (Lou Reed)
    Androgeny (Joan Jet)
    Dude looks like a lady (Aerosmith)
    Get Back (Wings)

Quote Originally Posted by happy2cd View Post
    I am a massive Kinks fan so gotta say I like LOLa but "Out of the Wardrobe" from their Misfits album is the best CD song that I am aware of.

I got the album in high school and was It never gets played on the radio, but I enjoy listening to the song from time to time. Another song on the album has the line "Live life for yourself, you can't live life for anyone else..." also spoke to my confused teenaged mind.
    I just looked up the lyrics...fantastic! Makes you wonder if they're one of us. Two transgender songs? The lyrics to this one really nail it, too.