Thread: Favorite pose for photos?

Favorite pose for photos?

I'm going to have the day to myself this Friday to dress, and Zappos willing I will have a few new dresses to try. So excited!!

I thought I'd spend some time taking pictures. Can anyone recommend any good or favorite poses? Tasteful only, of course.

Thanks,
    Camille

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Mine is usually hiding behind a door or really large couch.

Kathi

Banned Read only
    Just be yourself..............and have fun at it. Take as many as you can and then sort through them later.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    What I do is, I set up the camera to snap pictures every 10 seconds, have some "girly" music playing, then start the camera and step in front of the lens. Then I just pose any good way I can think of for awhile, letting the music inspire me and letting the camera take 20-30 (or more!) images. Then I upload all the images of that "run" to my computer and pick out the ones that look best.

(I tend to do only tasteful poses. Once, however, I tried a pose while lying on the floor, and, even though it still met content standards here, my fiancee forbade me to post it, deeming it "too provocative." It's still kind of amazing that I could even look "provocative." )

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Thats my problem I try to pose and the pictures dont look natural. Just be yourdelf and if you can try to sneek some outdoor pics. They usually come out the best. Good luck and have fun. Cant wait to see the results.
    Erica

There was a thread here with some great tips for photos but I can't remember who posted it.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

My best are normally selfies.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Seated at the bottom of a stair case!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    The best pose is a lovely smile. Next to that, a relaxed and comfortable look with good posture and great makeup ought to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    I love this one too.

Here are some simple poses to try http://digital-photography-school.co...-female-models

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    It certainly work for at least one of us I tried it once.....notice I said "once" lol

I think for tself that all of my poses are a bit off. I have yet to find a pose that looks natural or femme. I have been liking sitting in a chair but my pictures are sitting on the floor with the camera on a tripod point down on me. Basically I have no advice lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I would look at fashion magazines to ascertain where to look, put your hands and stance, sitting standing etc.
    Another way is with a camera on a tripod and taking photos one every 5 to 10 seconds dance or walk around striking poses as you go.
    Play music and dance in front of the camera, smile, act stupid try different moods and you are likely to get one out of about 20 decent photos you can use.
    Try and throw the rest away. Otherwise store them and look again another day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My favorite way to pose for a photo is in a way that shows off my nyloned legs and feet in open toe high heels.

Banned Read only
    IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR PICS, GO LOOK AT THE LINK THAT Bree POSTED. Not only does it show mutltiple standard poses that have worked for decades, It also illustrates extremely well a HUGE MISTAKE that so many here insist on making over and over and over and over and over and... It's even worse at regular dating sites.

Go and find even one illustration where the camera is well above the subject pointing down.

Kids, pets, adults. The same rule applies equally. The best chance of success is to get down to the subjects eye level at least if not lower. Leg/shoe shots will "usually" be better if used with a lower camera level, possibly waist level if the subject is standing.

I have noticed pics of CDers with nice hair, makeup, and clothes that look very feminine, but the poses say "man". I'm no expert, but a few things I noticed are:
    - hands on hips. Generally not recommended, but if you do, don't do it like a man with fingers forward, thumbs towards the rear. Point the fingers down.
    - legs together. There is a very pretty CDer who likes to cross her legs, feet together, while standing straight. It works.
    - don't lean the upper body towards the camera. Stand straight up.
    - smile. And don't pucker - yuk.
    - take lots of poses, keep the good ones.

Some said it well -- smile and enjoy yourself. Put a mirror behind the camera and watch yourself. Lord knows, some poses are very unflattering. Have fun and edit out what you don't like.

Geena

If you're tall then sit and you will appear smaller and vice versa.
    Don't look at the camera...look off to the side as if the camera were not there...it's more natural than posing for the camera.
    Use a prop so you are distracted by it and not thinking about the lens.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Last edited by Deedee Skyblue; 04-17-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I'm no expert, but a few things I noticed are:
    You may not be an "expert" but you've a good eye.

- don't lean the upper body towards the camera. Stand straight up.
    and perhaps turn one's torso a little so you don't see the shoulders broad on.

And watch the camera angle, you don't want the camera looking up at you, you want it looking down, angle the lens down and put the tripod up HIGH.

- take lots of poses, keep the good ones.
    Darn right.

Also keep the chin down! Chin up poses emphasize adam's apples. And don't use the same pose every time, mix it up a bit if you can.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Good suggestions above. Look at the different poses in a catalog or online catalog. Example:
    http://willowridge.blair.com/t/dress.../1052/1053.uts

The women are usually posed with the shoulders and hips at a slight angle to the camera--not straight on. Usually standing with legs crossed over one another. Sometimes looking at the camera, but often chin pointed left and sometimes eyes rolled to the camera. Uneven lighting with stronger light from the left works very well. Get plenty of light--take the shades of your lamps if needed. It helps to have a cute purse or another girly accessory in your hand. A slight smile--sort of a subtle Mona Lisa grin works very well. Find a neutral background; pale gray or textured brown works nice. Hang a bedspread over the shower rod if you must. Outdoors in the shade with a leafy tree or bush as backdrop works beautifully...as does a wooden lattice and plastic plants under an overhead fluorescent light...see avatar.
    If you use multiple exposure setting you may need to be outside--with my camera--multi exposure gives no flash.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Lots of great tips here. Most important have fun, smile, smile, smile and take lots and lots of pictures.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Favorite pose for photos?

Behind the camera, not in front of it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.