Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to come out to my GG friends

Want to come out to my GG friends

My SO found out about my CDing about a year and half ago and things have been going really well between us. It was a liberating feeling to be accepted by her for who I am and I was really happy she found out. More recently, I've had this growing desire to tell more of my friends of my CDing. I only feel like telling my closest GG friends, and I think that comes from the hope that they will be understanding too. I have this feeling that women are more accepting and can relate to my need to express my feminine side. I've done some makeovers at Nordstrom recently, and nothing beats the feeling of being accepted as "one of the girls."

Have any of you gals had this feeling? I hope I can feel comfortable opening up to at least one of my friends but worry about risking my privacy or letting my secret out.
    <3 Jennifer

Pretty sure telling my wife is as far as I ever want to go. I don't know that I'll ever tell my son when he's older.
    "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." - Chinese Fortune Cookie, 1-27-13

Banned Read only
    Just keep in mind that the more people you tell, the less "secret" it becomes. If maintaining your privacy is important, take special care sharing this part of you. In all likelihood, your girlfriends may not care at all but they may also talk more freely than you would like.

Good luck

Is your SO in agreement that you can open up to others? That's important!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by daisygurl462 View Post
    My SO found out about my CDing about a year and half ago and things have been going really well between us. It was a liberating feeling to be accepted by her for who I am and I was really happy she found out. More recently, I've had this growing desire to tell more of my friends of my CDing. I only feel like telling my closest GG friends, and I think that comes from the hope that they will be understanding too. I have this feeling that women are more accepting and can relate to my need to express my feminine side. I've done some makeovers at Nordstrom recently, and nothing beats the feeling of being accepted as "one of the girls."

Have any of you gals had this feeling? I hope I can feel comfortable opening up to at least one of my friends but worry about risking my privacy or letting my secret out.
    Just be yourself and open up, come on out and be yourself (Jennifer). Be true and honest with your friends and they will true to you. If they are true friends, otherwise are they worth having. I have always gotten along better and hung out with girls better than guys, more so when dressed. You are one hot (as in tabasco pepper) chick.
    Last edited by wilt575; 01-30-2013 at 03:07 AM.

I have told 4 very good gg friends. They have been extremely supportive. (my wife and adult children know of course)

In my experience you only need to tell one GG friend. Then she will tell the rest of them. In my case it went well so I wasn't mad.

Just keep in mind that the more people you tell, the less "secret" it becomes.
    In my experience you only need to tell one GG friend. Then she will tell the rest of them.
    How many "friends" GG or otherwise, do you really want to know about your "secret"?
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I did not come out to any one, my gg housemates dressed me up and made me up and then took me out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Daisey,

Once your out, there is no going back in. Make sure your ready for people to know. It sounds like you are and you have your SO,s support and thats a great start.

Its not as scary as you think. Just be sure your ready.

-Donni-

PM me if you have specific questions, im around

Is your wife ok with you telling a GG friend. If she is not that could get you in hot water, and she may become less supportive. We as CD have to think everything through be fore we do anything, who it will hurt, Sometime we are in the pink fog we forget about other.

You have to Feel them out first AND the situation. It is true that the more people that know, the more Out you will be, so you need to take that into consideration as well. If you are "out" to these GG friends, how many other people will they tell? In my case, I am out to only one GG friend who is very supportive. I started out telling her that I have a Very Feminine Side, which is true and she could see that. Then I joked around with her about going Dress Shopping! So one day we were talking about my feminine side and I told her how I had wanted to be a girl since I was 3, she said So you Really DO want a Dress!! And she said that it was very sad that I could not be who I wanted all my life! She is now very supportive of my female side and has helped me a lot! I have another GG Friend that I started feeling out the same way, and she rejected everything!! So I could NEVER open up to her.
    So that is just a little bit of what I have gone through. My only advice is to proceed with Caution! I wish you all the best luck always
    Barbara

Yep, this will turn into gossip and some will tell their guy friends too. There is no such thing as coming out to a few GG friends IMO.

Just be careful. What comes to my mind with this is that women like to talk. If you've ever seen the old Faberge Organics shampoo commercial from the 1980's you'll know what I mean. "I told two friends and they told two friends and so on and so on........"
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes, I have had similar feelings however, I have never acted on them. Why do you want to tell your GG friends? Is there anything to be gained by telling them? Once you have told someone you no longer have a secret. Does your SO have an opinion?

Consider the risk/reward of such an action.
    Hugs, Carole

I have told a couple of GG friends, but only after asking myself if I'll be OK with them telling their spouses or SO's, because they will. It is a delicate line, so think it out.

I've told alot of my GG friends and for the most part it has been great, they all have been very accepting and even somewhat curious. As others have mentioned, your secret is most likely to spread to others. All it takes is one drunken night and its out there for everyone, I've experienced it first hand. I'm not worried about what others think (not to imply that you are) so it was not that big of a deal but it could be different for others.
    A Southern Belle of the 21st century.

Flickr link for the interested, http://www.flickr.com/people/ashleemara/

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." -Oscar Wilde

Platinum Member
    As others have said, it seems that you should first run this by your SO. if she's ok with the idea of expanding the number of people who know, then that's a positive. Of course, the larger question is whether you want to enjoy a more open and public life en femme...if so, then it's time to start taking steps by coming out to more of your inner circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Just keep in mind that the more people you tell, the less "secret" it becomes. If maintaining your privacy is important, take special care sharing this part of you. In all likelihood, your girlfriends may not care at all but they may also talk more freely than you would like.

Good luck
    I didn't really think about this. I guess I assumed that the one I would tell would be someone I could really trust, but how can you really know?

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese View Post
    Is your wife ok with you telling a GG friend. If she is not that could get you in hot water, and she may become less supportive. We as CD have to think everything through be fore we do anything, who it will hurt, Sometime we are in the pink fog we forget about other.
    Agree! Nothing is ever a cut and dry clear choice! I still need to ask my SO how she feels about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleeM View Post
    I've told alot of my GG friends and for the most part it has been great, they all have been very accepting and even somewhat curious. As others have mentioned, your secret is most likely to spread to others. All it takes is one drunken night and its out there for everyone, I've experienced it first hand. I'm not worried about what others think (not to imply that you are) so it was not that big of a deal but it could be different for others.
    I am worried about my privacy and do not want the secret getting out in the open. So I will probably give it much more thought before I even consider telling anyone else. But now that I know the feeling of sharing this side with someone else, I just want to continue the good feelings of being accepted. I guess underneath it all, maybe telling a GG friend would make me feel more like a woman. Being accepted by a GG friend would just be more reinforcement.
    <3 Jennifer

Are you willing and able to lose one of your GG friends or change the way they think and interact with you? Just because it went well with your SO does not mean it will be the same with all of your most trusted friends. I have friends who were surprised about how specific friends and family members reacted when they found out. It is not always obvious and logical.

As others have mentioned, the more who know your secret, the less of a secret it becomes and the less control you have about who knows. I have an acquintance who was accidentally outed by a co-worker who blabbed after a night of partying (i.e.,drinking) with other co-workers. I almost outed someone when I misunderstood which of their friends knew. It was dumb luck that it did not happen.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Just tell the one you trust the most and the word will get out.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

I'll mostly echo what other's have said to me when I posted a similar thread, which is to make sure you have an actual reason for telling them. Do you want to hang out with them dressed, go shopping etc? Whoever you tell is likely to tell their other half, but that doesn't mean they will if you ask them not to. I had to tell my house mates to tell their SO's when I came out to them because I didn't want them to suddenly walk into the living while I'm dressed and be caught off guard. A good technique is to test the waters a little bit first, people can surprise you sometimes one way or the other.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Banned Read only
    I agree with a lot of what the other posters have said to you. Once the cat's out of the bag, then there's no going back and you won't be able to control who does and who doesn't know. Having said that, there's nothing wrong with being honest, and the feeling of acceptance is a great feeling indeed. And it can be a great filtering process - those who don't accept you don't deserve your friendship anyway, and in being totally honest with your close friends, those who do accept will admire your honesty, and indeed bravery, in telling them.

Only do this however if your SO doesn't have a problem doing so. I assume that you both have common friends, and if any of these common friends aren't accepting, then it could pose a problem, not just for you, but for your SO in terms of your SO's friendship with the people in question. I would therefore have a chat with your SO and make her aware of this possibility. If she's not happy with you coming out to close friends, then respect that and don't do it.

To answer your question though, I have indeed had this feeling and I acted on it. But it was a little different for me in that I'm gay and came out as a gay man to my friends before I came out with my cross-dressing. So I had already gone through the "filtering" process - the friends I had left were all accepting of my sexuality and so the issue of my cross-dressing was seen as no big deal at all. When I met my current partner, who I'm now married to, I had the worry of telling him about my cross-dressing, but was fortunate enough that he accepted it.

Tread carefully because as most folk have said once you tell one, your secret is out and your S.O may not want this
    man i feel like a woman

As a SO, I would be sure to discuss it with your SO.
    My hubby and I have told 3 of our mutual GG. They are very open minded and are great support to my hubby. He has not dressed in front of them yet, we are still discussing it. They have not told anyone else, even their husbands. We are a tight nit group and they are waiting for my hubby to gain his confidence some. Understanding his fear if this is spread around (kids, work, Bible Belt we live in).
    I think you have to just "feel" these GGs out. Do they know each other? It helps if they have someone else to talk about it with. Just my 2 cents.
    Tanya
    Just a SO trying to live day by day .