Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to come out to my GG friends

Hi daisygurl462, firstly, you are such a feminine girl; so pretty! In March 2011, I came out to both my Biological and Foster Families; and close friends; all accept. Whilst Women are more accepting, I was pleasantly surprised when three of my Mates, whom I have known for many years, also accept. A girlfriend of one my Mates wants to go shopping with me! So, from my experience, if they are true Friends then they will accept your CDing.

Hi Daisy (or is it Jennifer?),

I just this last week came out to two of my closest friends, both male. They were overwhelmingly accepting. The reason that I told them was because I was tired of hiding things from my best friends, and there's a very real possibility that I might need to take things further in the near future. But the feeling of being able to talk openly about this with a friend can't be underestimated; it's removed some of the burden from me.

Also, I don't really buy the whole 'any woman you tell will run off and tell everyone else' thing, it's a stereotype and doesn't take into account people's individual personalities. You will know better than any of us here which of your friends you could trust to keep this to themselves. Fair enough, prepare yourself for the possibility of others finding out, but remember that you are young and your generation is a lot more comfortable with gender variance than older ones are (ha! Who's stereotyping now? ).

I built this up for years, convinced myself that no-one would accept, when in truth the reality was that my friends just want me to be happy. Proceed with caution, but don't let fear run your life and end up living with regret.

Rachel

PS you look great!
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

Agree with Annalise from experience. While my friend said she already knew and would love to have girl time with me, the wife wasn't too happy I told her. I think she feels a little threatened by her, and the fact that she would be more accepting than my wife even more so, so if I had to do it over I would ask the wife if it was ok first.

Friends that do not accept you as you are were never really your friends anyway. If you can't be yourself around friends, then why have those friends? It is a good way to determine who your real friends are. Women are usually a lot more accepting than men.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Hi ya,

From my own experience - I have told all my close girl friends (5 in total) and most of my close male friends (6) which is alot I guess. Its been great, and they all support me but the thing I found really surprising was that the guys took it better! The girls seemed to be hessitant and even still a couple of them seem a bit weirded out. The guys on the other hand dont even raise an eyebrow, in fact when i'm in male mode they ask why i'm not dressed up! But I agree with what others have said - I have told 11 people (12 including my wife) but in the last 6mths or so I have found/been questioned by about 15 others who know! Once you tell one it is no longer your secret, its now theirs as well.

J

While some of our experiances have been positive, that cant go for everyone. I came out to 6 of my GG friends and they all are more than excepting. I luck out tho, My GG friends dont live in this small town. They all say my puzzle pieces make since now and seem to fit me well. Your SO should be the primary one you discusses this move with. She could get alot of flak for it, that you wont see. Or it could go to pure heaven. Alot of landmines need to be thought of first and take it step by step, Only if your SO is willing to do this with you or is OK with it. Just my 2cents

In my experience, all the GG I have told have been fab. One used to stock me with tights whenever I wanted, others have allowed me to be Alice with them which was the best ever. It's something that is very hard to judge when you say something but I have never regretted the decisions to tell close friends. Have they told anyone else.....who knows....but without their help I may very well have emotionally crumbled.

Xx

Hi Daisy: Firstly, are you dressing on an occasional basis or are you planning to transition or dress half-time or more? The answer to that will affect what you do.
    All of the advice here has been very good and I only have one observation to add.
    Any radical change will be surprising and maybe shocking to friends who have known you a long time... for example, if you were raised Jewish and as an adult converted to Islam or grew up a vegetarian and suddenly became a carnivore or anything along those lines.
    If you want to develop female friendships you will probably have the best results finding new friends who only know you as female. If you can find some type of group to join with whom you share common interests that may help you acquire some new acquaintances.
    Best of luck to you.

Hey Gals! Sorry, I just saw that my thread started getting more activity again. Thanks for all the advice. Since I initially posted, I talked it over with my SO and we decided that I'll try a support group first. There's a good looking one near where I live that emphasizes privacy which is important to me. So I'll try to apply to them in the next month or two. I'm thinking I just need a more productive outlet than my occasional dressing at home and makeover and shopping trips at the mall. Hopefully being with more like-minded CDs will help me to grow and give me more time to think about the benefits and risks of telling my GG friends.
    <3 Jennifer