Thread: Tired of black?

Tired of black?

Is anyone else tired of black? Getting dressed this morning, black pleated skirt, turtleneck and cardigan...about to put on black sheer tights...change of plans....nude patterned tights with nude patent heels. Oh so much better!

I do not wear black often enough to get tired of it.
    If I want to dress all black it becomes a pleasant change for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Do I get tired of black? Hmmmm. Well, let’s see, I have a pair of black flats and a pair of black pumps, a couple unopened pair of sheer black pantyhose in the drawer, a black bra (my favorite), and . . . and . . . and . . . I guess that’s about it. Oh wait, I do have a pair of black Capri’s, someplace. No, I’d say I don’t get tired of wearing black.
    Babs

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Not yet, I've come to the conclusion it's one of my better colors. If it were part of my actual work attire ex. working at the make up/cosmetic section of a dept. store I would still enjoy it because it would make getting dressed for work very simple, less time consuming and easy. Black skirt, black tights, black top, and off to work I go!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

When I first started I wore black all the time. I decided if I'm going to go full time I have to branch out. I was out of my comfort zone so much at first that I decided I'm going to go to opposite side of spectrum. That was the best decision. As now I don't have a problem picking out a cute outfit even if the colors are bright I want to be comfortable in who I am not my clothes. Now I wear pinks and oranges and whites and blues etc etc.
    it's all in what you like and how you proceed into who you are inside. The rest follows .. At least that's what I learned
    Jocelyn

Black is a well liked colour especially by women in the winter. Think of black as your base colour and dress around it say a black skirt and tights red top and red shoes. Women seem to be a lot more concious of wearing clothes and shoes etc with colours that match.

Don't go all black all the time else you'll look like you are constantly going to a funeral or working in a cafe

Maria
    Last edited by Maria S; 01-30-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Never get tired of black. Though I like red, pink, purple, blue, green, white, ... I never get tired of black. I have over a dozen LBDs and lots of black lingerie.

I noticed a while back that many of the things I was buying were black. I had too many black outfits, so I have lately been getting more colors and trying not to buy black. It seems though when something catches my eye it is usually ....black.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I noticed a while back that many of the things I was buying were black. I had too many black outfits, so I have lately been getting more colors and trying not to buy black. It seems though when something catches my eye it is usually ....black.

This is almost my story I buy a lot of black and the things that pop at me are usually black. I am also trying to branch out a bit color wise
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Yeah, the last thing I bought was a blue dress.....dark blue.....almost black, and some shoes, blue shoes....dark blue.....I'm not making good progress am I?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It actually makes sense to start with black as anything added later will go with all the black things we own!

Right now because its cold up here in the northeast I find myself shopping for black more often but my heart lies in the bright colors like yellow, pink, and white. Pretty much anything that screams girly. And also as a side note black is very slimming so I would think a lot of us would prefer that than other colors.