Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not quite TS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I feel pretty much that way. I'm "me" regardless of how I am dressed. Being in drab means I have to exhibit male behaviors which I am proficient at after decades of practice but which I don't find pleasant. Being dressed means that I can dispense with those behaviors and adopt feminine ones, something that I'm still learning about.
    ^this pretty much describes it, though I don't use 'drab' to describe my male clothing, as women seem to find it rather attractive (you don't have to look plain if you don't want to; a man in a fine suit of clothes, with good posture and presence, will stand out virtually anywhere he goes). But I don't try to adopt female behavior or mannerisms, I'm not trying to convert myself into something else. Again to quote Popeye, 'I yam what I yam'. I look at my male clothing as a uniform that I have to wear to work and get through life with the least amount of aggravation; nothing more, nothing less.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am pretty sure where I stand. I always thought I should be female. As far back as I can remember anyway. I spent many years performing the part of a male, and with that much practice I guess anyone can get good at it. I do not like being male, I don't like being thought of as a male. The only problem is I have spent so many years living as one that I just have too much invested to change not only my life, but the lives of my family as well. For me it is just impractical to transition so I have chosen not to. Does this mean I am or am not a TS? I guess that depends on the definition of TS. I am me. I spend time out in the world dressed as a woman, and feel good when I do. I like it when a man opens a door for me at a restaurant, or when someone calls me Maam. I like looking in the mirror and seeing myself as I think of myself, and I always feel a little sad when I have to change into a man again. Is my life a living hell because I have a male body? No. I am happy to be able to be a woman sometimes even if only in appearance. I know I will never be a woman, but what I do is enough for me. So if circumstances were different I would live full time as a woman, and I would love to have the body to match. It is not to be, so I can be happy with what I have.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

As a genetic male (ugh) I can say with authority (at least for me) that when I dress I become the female that I should have been born. I considered transitioning many times and consulted with the appropriate doctors but didn't go through with the end result because of one constraint or another. I don't know as to where I fit in (CD, TS or some other label) but I feel totally different when I am dressed fully or partially dressed. The mere thought of shedding my male behaviors for female behaviors has a profound effect on me. I much prefer my female side and wish that I had transitioned. So I guess I have a split personality, female dominated!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Pronouced as MA-EE-KOU Maiko Newhalf's Avatar
    Hey melisss, nice thoughtful post! To me I don't have a particular agenda or road map for transition but some physical changes are very helping in terms of mitigate the gender stress. Does that make me TS or TG? :-) Part of the problem is I cannot totally focus on myself because "me" is sorta defined by people around me, not entirely but a great deal of it.
    Just a TG girl. Add me on facebook: Mayiko Newhalf.

For me it is just that I always wanted to be a girl. I have weighed the consequences of transitioning, or even coming out to my family and employer and just cannot justify all I would lose or the discomfort I would cause to others. I have known this since I was very young and it never ebbed or changed. I always wanted to be female but I have realized I cannot be. It is good enough to be able to present as one at times when I can. If I could I would always present as a lady. I am not different when dressed as when in drab. I am this way due to a birth defect and I can accept that. There are many things about me that just aren't right as a male and never have been.I actually feel more like a crossdresser when I am dressed as a man than when as a lady. I feel normal then.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?