Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally went outside

Finally went outside

I finally got the courage to go outside over the weekend! Both times were really late at night but it was still very nerve racking at first. The first night I just went for a short walk around the neighbourhood but the following night I went for a longer walk and had to cross a main road with traffic on it. I was pretty nervous about being seen but I somehow managed to calm myself down. It was definitely a very positive experience!

Banned Read only
    Good to hear. Wish I could do that.

I know how exhilerating this can be and congradulate you. I've only stepped out into our backyard or onto the front porch, but it is a wonderful feeling. Good luck on your next outing.

Hey Jess,
    Congrats on getting out!
    When I first decided it was time, I drove 1,000 miles cross country, checked into two motels, and used the ladies room once or twice. It went ok more or less.
    Then I realized I was the only girl on the turnpike all made-up in an awesome dress and heels.
    Now I go out 100% fem, but I dress to blend in. I look at what all the other girls are wearing and do that.
    Today I went to the laundry, several markets, and spent several hours at a state park. Fully femme, without a wig or makeup, and never heard a gasp in horror. Now I may have just tuned-out any criticism or there may have been none, but either way no one chased after me with sticks.
    Keep it up, you'll find the world much brighter from your new perspective. And stop to smell the flowers now and then. No one has time for that anymore.
    Michelle

Yes going outside dressed is the last thing you do after being inside all the time.
    It is absolutely liberating. Ok, now for the next act.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Good for you Jess. Quite a few here that WANT out but won't even go as far as their mailbox. And don't fall for one of the many Forum myths that folks in the RW [non CDers] are obsessed over figuring out IF every "female looking person"out in public might really be a man so they can bust them. ONLY CDers do that. People in the RW have far more important things to think about... like yakking and texting on their cellphones.

Congrats on your courage and I'm raising my morning Pepsi to you in hope that you have many more lovely outings. HUGZ !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

That first step is a doozy. I have a feeling for most of us it was like the picture below. After that the nerves can still creep up but it's so much easier and enjoyable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (38.7 KB, 28 views)

Congratulations on going out. Be careful going out too late at night for safety's sake. You do not see many GGs walking round on their own late at night.

Maria

Congratulations on going out.

Congrats! Hope to hear many more stories from ya!!

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    Been there, done that! Congratulations on going out Jess! it will get easier the more you do it. I don't know how "out" you want to be, but you need to be careful going out late at night in your own neighborhood. Neighbors might see you and put 2 and 2 together! Also, remember "Nothing good happens after midnight". That's when drunks and neighborhood punks are up to no good. And the cops are on the lookout for anyone out at those hours. Ask me how I KNOW THAT! LOL. As your comfort level and confidence increases you will eventually want to go out where there are actually people who will see you! But, that will take time. Baby steps for now. I think it's time for you to seek out local friends and venues where you can explore comfortably. Hugs,Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

good for you girl wait till you go out in public its awesome the first time wish i could have that feeling again myself i will let you know it gets very natural after awile

Congratulations! You will never forget this feeling. But we have to know! What were you wearing?

Like too hear going out for the first time stories, even though it makes me jealous. The only times I've ever been out in public fully dressed have been on Halloween.

When I got out shopping some times, its only with stockings and garter on. I haven't gone fully dressed. I have facial hair and don't shave my mustache.

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    Congratulations on going out Jess on your first outing
    tammy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Congrats on stepping out for the first time YAY for you!!
    Word to the wise just try it not so late at night thats not the safest time to be honest and don't put yourself in danger by being in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria S View Post
    Congratulations on going out. Be careful going out too late at night for safety's sake. You do not see many GGs walking round on their own late at night.
    Very true. Think about where a single woman wouldn't look out of place and go there.

I've only been out a few times but I'm most comfortable downtown or in the tourist district where there are lots of people but they don't know me and are preoccupied with whatever they are doing. In the daytime you can wear sunglasses.

My problem is getting from the house to the car and back without being seen by neighbors.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Linda

When you plan to go out you could park the car around the corner in boy mode and then walk to it in girl mode. It's a lot easier to "blend in" to the neighbourhood on foot rather than getting into a car (that they recognise) slamming the door starting up and roaring away.

Maria

Quote Originally Posted by Jess91 View Post
    I finally got the courage to go outside over the weekend! Both times were really late at night but it was still very nerve racking at first. The first night I just went for a short walk around the neighbourhood but the following night I went for a longer walk and had to cross a main road with traffic on it. I was pretty nervous about being seen but I somehow managed to calm myself down. It was definitely a very positive experience!
    I know what you mean,it is very nerve wracking ,but feels great!
    It gets easier(sort of) ,but no less exciting!
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing but there is a great deal wrong with society.

Good going, Jess! Best wishes to you for more outings!
    Di

Aspiring Member
    Good for you, bet it was a rush for you

Never late at night

I have girl time starting around 7am, out to McDonalds for a coffee.
    Shops open around 9am at weekends, so I check out a few shops, try on some new dresses, skirts, buy makeup etc. (chat up the hot shop assistants where ever possible). Some weekends I go to the art gallery or musuem.
    Sky tower during a cheap family day was fun, hundreds of parents & kids.
    Evenings - I've had a couple of dinners out until about 9pm but the rough crowd start gathering about then.
    Photos on http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz/

Quote Originally Posted by Maria S View Post
    Linda

When you plan to go out you could park the car around the corner in boy mode and then walk to it in girl mode. It's a lot easier to "blend in" to the neighbourhood on foot rather than getting into a car (that they recognise) slamming the door starting up and roaring away.

Maria
    Not in my neighborhood. I live in a neighborhood of relatively large single family homes. A neighborhood where anything out of place draws attention. If I were to park my car around the corner, someone would probably call me and ask if something was the matter with it. Anyone walking on the street is noticed.

If I cleaned out my garage I could park in it and just drive out but it's my workshop and I don't want to give that up.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda