Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any crossdress for a school play or Scout Gang Show

Any crossdress for a school play or Scout Gang Show

Did anyone really have a wonderful excuse to dress as a girl for something like a school play or show of some kind. Such a fabulous opportunity

Yes, sort of. In the sixth grade we were doing a play about romans, and my mom was trying to make me a toga. She took a large white pillow case and cut holes for the neck and arms. I put this on with panyhose, and a belt and wore flipflops.
    I had a great time!
    Stephanie

A couple times.... in Cub Scouts we were in parade and our pact was doing a Flintstones float and I got to wear the Wilma costume in the parade..... and in college our house did a skit at homecoming and I played an old woman.... pretty unsexy old woman... lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Guy wearing dresses
    Closest I came was in the cub scouts. We had to dress up as some sort of knight. I had a cardboard sword, a tunic made out of a pillowcase and tights.

i was never so lucky

yes and no. I played a Nobleman in a play in elementary school and and for my "Victorian" outfit wore my sisters lace mini-dress (as a shirt) and a pair of black satin slacks with her Mary-Janes. Long story short (I have this on BigCloset if anyone is interested) ended up wearing just the dress and shoes after the performance, home and next day to a funeral.

Jenn

yes, in boy scouts I got to be the girl in distress, was a big moment for me as for after that I was out of the closet without really even knowing. That was the start of going out dressed in public for me.

I remember at about age 10-12? my brothers tennis club? did a float in the local parade, and the theme they chose was to have the members crossdress on the float. Somehow i got dragged in to give some idea of the age range, as the actual boys in the club refused, ( or something, can't remember )

It was exciting for me, but that was mostly overlaid with a huge amount of embarrassment, as I wasn't very outgoing at that time. Tennis whites, fairly short skirt, just visible frilly tennis knickers. My memory of stuff from that period is blurry at best, I remember getting changed in the locker room, but i have no recollection of the parade at all!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    In cub scouts I was the only one in our den who didn't have a temper tantrum over having to do the girl part in a skit for pack meeting. All I wore was an apron with my pants rolled up. We were involved with a skit about every third pack meeting. One pack meeting a cub scout from another den was dressed as a high society woman and was dressed to the nines, wig makeup and high heels in a dress suit that his mother made him. My mom as my den mother felt the spirit of competition and from then on Jerry, the other boy, and I were always looking like real girls for our skits. I had three different wigs that mom had bought and most of the girl clothes she altered from my sisters out grown clothes. My reputation followed me into boy scouts and landed me the supporting girl part in the annual fund raising play our troop put on. In the play, which had more girl parts that boy parts for comedy, which was about a girl getting ready for a prom I had 7 costume changes as well as dressing in my sisters high school formal. There was a guy in our neighborhood who was part of the universities theater and had to meet me just to make sure I was a boy and not a girl playing that part. Oh the joy of youth where it is so much easier to pass for the real thing. Thanks to the scouts I was a girl for about 14 times in public before I was 15 years old. By then my mother really knew how much I enjoyed looking like a girl.
    Last edited by shayleetv; 02-04-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

The first and only time - at a outdoor camp for my grandson; the councilors put on a skit , I don't remember why but we all had to put on dressess and dance to some music and pick members of the audience to dance with. I wore a very slimming V neck print dress, way to small for the others but fit me perfictly and we all had wigs - we all kidded and complimented each other ---- I felt like me -- best time ever.............................Debra

Cleopatra

I remember back in 1966 (just after the World Cup, which England won) my parents took me on a walking holiday in the English Lake District, staying in a Youth Hostel. There was an entertainment evening, and they were looking for a boy (I was 14 at the time) to play Cleopatra. I naturally volunteered! I had four or five ladies dress me in a bra, long white dress, wig and lots of "egyptian style" makeup. They seemed to enjoy themselves and so did I! I then had to dance around the room Egyptian style, after which my father suggested I should "get changed".

Oh how I wish I could have done that as a kid. Nearest I've come is when there was a Relay for Life here in FL several years ago. They had a "Dude in a Dress" contest as part of the fun, so I went -- and stayed as a dude in a dress for the "I did it all day, I did it all night" walk for cancer. I didn't win, but that was a sort of coming out party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Yes I was a screaming (girl) fan for a small cub scout play of the Beatles coming to usa. And I was a cheerleader in another one. (hay wait an min. now I understand everything lolololol) Connie

Yes, I got to play one of Cinderella's ugly sisters in a second grade production of Cinderella, I was a natural. I have also appeared on stage in a grass skirt, they were looking for volunteers once in Hawaii and once on a cruise so I guess I wanted to CD and didn't know it at the time.

Cub Scours or school? I did it this past weekend. My burlesque class had two performances at the Minneapolis Burlesque Festival. If you're looking to perform as a female in front of people, find classes near you and join in the fun.
    Rebecca Bas

Aspiring Member

Crossdressing in Play

When I was 17 kour Baptist Church had a New Year's Eve party and they put on a fashion show with all men as women. My dad and I both dressed up. We just put on pantyhoseover our whitey-tighties, but my dad commented that several of the men shaved their legs and put on girdles and hose. We did wear bras with water ballons for breast. I wore a dress, shoes and wig from my mom's closet. I did miss out as my mom told me to check with another friend who had a teen daughter a year younger than me to see what she might have that I could wear, but I was too embarrased to go over there and do that, even though I was crossdressing in secret at home. In retrospect, I wish I had gone over. Her mom was pretty cool and I think she would have really enjoyed dressing me up!
    Michellecd9999

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I can't remember ever dressing as a girl at school, although there were opportunities. Ours was an all-boys school, so the girls roles in our annual productions of Gilbert and Sullivan operattas were always taken by Junior School boys. Unfortunately I couldn't sing - still can't - and so missed out. I really envied the lucky ones on stage in their beautiful costumes.

In the scounts I did often "volunteer" for the female role in sketches and that was great fun. Later I often cross-dressed to collect money for charity in our town's annual carnival. I remember one year our amateur dramatic society fielded a Girls Marching Band - (all GGs). I, and a few other chaps, dressed as Cheerleaders and took round the collection buckets. Unfortunately no photos of these early experiences seem to have survived.

One final memory; I always used to take part in the town's annual pantomime but, again because I couldn't sing, never landed one of the major roles. The nearest I came to stardom was playing the front legs of Tullulah the Cow in Jack and the Beanstalk. I think this can be counted as cross-dressing because I spent the evening before our opening night making an udder for the poor beast!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

I never got the chance in my younger days but while at college I did. Our fraternity had a game show skit and they needed Vanna White (actually she was called Miss Honeypot). I didn't even volunteer, they asked me. I got my sorority sisters to get me a wig, makeup, a minidress and girdle and some shoes. They had me over at the girls dorm to practice my "walk". We used Herp Alperts rendition of Love Potion #9 as it was done like old time stripper music. One of my sisters even snuck up behind me and sprayed me with perfume! I really enjoyed the whole experience! Some of my brother's thought I was sick for going all out but the audience seemed to like it. One of my GG friends even said we should hit the bars together. I never found out if she was joking or not.
    Sally

Funny how many times people mention a Cub Scout story. I haven't thought about Cub Scouts until recently, when I found a photo of me in a Cub Scout uniform. Den 8 Pack 222.

I remember the uniform so well. Always clean and well pressed. Every patch of merit treasured. But the best was the golden sash around my neck. Never did Boy Scouts because my identity was Cub Scout blue and gold.

That photo shows a happiness that I really never saw again. No cross dress stories from Cub Scouts. It was the fifties. A few stories about "having to" dress for community theater. Nothing as good as those told here, though.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 02-05-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Just once in school in England. We were doing skits for English class. I would have been 13. Some boys from another group wanted me to be Esther Rantzen, a well known tv personality of the day who was known for her big teeth. I took a huge amount of abuse about my teeth. I was also spooked by how much these boys pleaded with me to dress up. They even got our teacher in on it. Eventually I caved after much pressure. I wore a blonde wig, a formal black dress and black high heels. I didn't enjoy it as I felt that I was just being ridiculed. I refused to wear tights or walk in the heels as these would have been dead giveaways that I was very experienced with women's clothes and I was getting bullied enough already.

Later in Canada we had opposite sex day at school. All my female friends were on a Geography field trip to Washington D.C. at the time (I didn't take Geography). If things had been different I might have been talked into wearing something or other. One boy turned up dressed from head to toe. White blouse, green sweater, grey flannel skirt, thick white tights and black shoes. Nobody had ever noticed him before that and next day he became invisible again. He was probably CD whereas everyone else seemed to be doing it for a laugh.
    Last edited by RiverdanceGirl; 02-05-2013 at 08:49 PM.

"One boy turned up dressed from head to toe. White blouse, green sweater, grey flannel skirt, thick white tights and black shoes. Nobody had ever noticed him before that and next day he became invisible again. He was probably CD whereas everyone else seemed to be doing it for a laugh."

It is so hard to do it right, isn't it? The difference between men and women. Women learn all the things that it takes to be a woman and men never have a clue. And here were are, crossing back and forth. Isn't life grand.

Yup, in Cub Scouts. A friend's sister provided a nice dressy gown. My hair was very short then and nobody had a wig for me. Must have looked a little peculiar, but it was fun.

For sure !! guess what, it was in the scouts.

We had an end of year Christmas play & I was chosen for the girls part. My sister let me borrow a pink polkadot dress and a pair of strappy court shoes with a little block heel on them. She even put some pink bows in my hair, nailpolish, lipstick the whole works.... I thought it was GREAT but I was sooo nervous being all dressed up in public in front of everyone. I couldn't stop BLUSHING every time someone told me I looked great, or looked pretty..... aiieesshh !!!

It was one of the great thrills of my life & opened this door that I had never peeked through before. I remember trying to act all girly & using all the right mannerisms, crossing my ankles when sitting down and always wanted to repeat it but never got the opportunity.

For so many people the first time comes down to some kind of show-like event. Somebody had to do it and our posting CD was stuck with it. Then the audience (our friends) did something but the element of enjoyment was the show and the attention.

Actually, theater got me into this too. A production of Cabaret. Because I was a guy who could or could not have been a woman/man, not much emphasis was placed on me by the costume person. I was so over not in control of my own make up and outfit that I promised myself that the next time I will be fem-ready.

And here I am today, typing away in pantyhose and a granny dress. An Ann Klein granny dress but granny dress just the same. Geez.

What fun everyone. I remember two occasions in scouts, both of which I just barely missed. In a Cub Scout skit at a Pack meeting, one of the boys in another den had to play the part of a native headhunter, blacked his face with a bone looking like it was coming out of his nose. For a costume he wore a loincloth with black long sleeve leotards and tights underneath. I could only imagine the conversation that ensued at his house about getting to borrow his sister's leotards and wear them under his cub scout uniform.
    Another scene I will never forget was the troop I joined late in the summer after they had been to summer camp and a family fun camp at a guy's ranch. I got to watch the movies of the week and for some reason they decided to have a fashion show on the pool deck one night with all the boys parading around the deck posing in their mom's one piece bathing suits. Also featured was one of the boys who took tap dance lessons performing a tap dance on the diving board of the pool dressed in a girls recital costume and girls tap shoes. Something I never forgot, but it was never repeated, sigh.