Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best and worst of remarks you received while being dressed in public

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    one of them asked me rhetorically with a sly - yet approving - smile "Will you marry me"?
    "Are you rich and will your wife mind?" would be my answer
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Best: "I'm jealous, You're better with makeup than me" more than once. I even had one woman look up close for the blending line. Funny thing is that I always think it looks horrible.
    Worst: One day when I thought I nailed it. I'm walking into a diner and an older gent holds the door for me and says "After you Sir". Well that burst my aura of invincibility.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Hmmm My best comment I can remember was I was sitting at the bar, chatting with a lady and she said I had lovely eyes, I said Thank you and smiled, she then asked me when I completed my transition to becoming a woman, I smailed again and told her that I have not even started yet but hope to someday soon. She didnt believe that I was not on hormones, then said " well when you do decide to be you, you will be a gorgeous woman for sure" again I smiled, but really big.

My worst comment comes from my wife, she said if I continue with the hormones that its over, and she will hate me, doesnt get much worse then that I think
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Best- at a Goodwill, the cashier said "That dress will look wonderful on whoever you bought it for (wink)"

Worst- Salvation Army cashier- Are you sure this bikini will fit you? (yelled as she took her time ringing me up)

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Best? There have been a few times I've been complimented or referred to with a feminine pronoun. Those always float me a few feet above the ground for a while.

Worst? On a tour I was first in line and the Tour guide asked the rest of the group to "follow the gentleman".
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Never got any bad comments (to my face anyway). The other comments I've received over the years range from "You look nice" to "You look fantastic" to "You are a Princess." No doubt in my mind that for most of these folks (guys mostly) it was the alcohol talking plus what they no doubt wanted. All in a day's (or night's) work anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Rachael Sloane and I were out eating at a fine San Francisco restaurant and a nice couple sat down next to us. We eventually, as always, got into a very good conversation with them. The wife said to our surprise, "At first, I really thought that you were two women, ....... until I heard you speak." I guess that one occasion satisfies the OP's question quite easily!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Not sure about absolute best but 2 most recent good ones from this past weekend. At a dance club in NYC sat nite. My friend knows all the servers there. As she is talking to one, the girl asks if she saw the really tall girl there that night (me). My friend introduced us later and she still only saw me as a woman. She hardly believed otherwise when my friend told her about me.

The other compliment was from a somewhat drunk guy at a superbowl party who was quite enamored by me. He didn't know what to make of me. We chatted a moment. He asked me some personal questions - too personal, but I gave him an answer. The he asked, what do I call you? He couldn't bring himself to call me Genifer, so he decided on my (first and middle) initials, GE - because my smile lit up the room. :-)

Not necessarily the worst comment, but the funniest (so I thought) rude comment was shouted over the crowd at me while walking down the main corridor of Penn Station. "Look, it's a dude bitch!" As rude as it was, I was amused by it's uniqueness and how ridiculous it was. I just smiled and kept on my way.

Banned Read only
    All my public contacts have been made on Halloween.

The best was a compliment by a saleswoman at a Winchell's Doughnut Shop who told me I looked nice. She meant it.

The worst in a Safeway was hysterical laughter from a guy who was probably on the way to having too many beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post

The worst in a Safeway was hysterical laughter from a guy who was probably on the way to having too many beers.
    Maybe it is grocery stores or something. I posted last summer about the woman who looked at me and said "You are absolutely hysterical" I think it was the worst comment I had for awhile because I rarely get bad comments. Maybe the best was a woman I didn't know who asked me "How far into transition are you?" When I said I wasn't she said "you should".
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The best and worst in one question. A cosmetician asked me "You look beautiful are you transitioning?"

This is a tough question to answer. Not because I don't receive comments (mainly from the community) that are positive. The most recent from a GG who said that my outfit was perfect.

In reality though, the best comment I received was when I was read! I was at an "Old Country Buffet" after going to church one Sunday. I knew I was read as soon as I walked in. When I left, I walked out the door and on my way to the car, a young lady who worked there came out and gave me a hug. She thanked me for having the courage to be who I was. It still makes my eyes water some times when I think about it. We need more people like her in the world.

The worst comments are probably the two guys who were hitting on me. One on my way to my hotel room after an evening at TCNE last month. The other on the NYC subway in Penn Station as I was moving between trains.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Best: 'You always looks so well turned out and stylish.'
    Worst: 'I wouldn't even bang you drunk' (good news...he was drunk...and he didn't try to bang me). :-) Celeste

Pro: "You have pretty legs."
    Con: Two 20 something girls who were employees standing at the entrance of Lady Foot Locker laughed loudly at me as I walked by.

Best one is when a saleslady said to me while shopping one night "its nice to see a gal dressed up for a change while shopping" I suppose the worst is at the bar we go to when a drunk gal said you people are all ugly. But she did mean all of us there and there were quite a few gurls there.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 51 View Post
    Best was in a coffee shop when a lady walking out with her husband leaned over and in a low voice said "your done up really
    nice" and the worse was sitting in a food court in the mall minding my own business when a fat lady in a one size fits all pair of stretch pants she must have found in the hippo section of the zoo stops in front of me puts her hands on her hips and in a very loud voice hollers"well ain't that cute,look it's a guy"
    I would have had to respond "OMG, a walrus!"

Anyway, just last week i walked out of the elevator at my hotel wearing a bikini and coverup and two "rural" guys were waiting to get on. As I started down the hall I heard "We must be on the freak floor" I didn't let it bother me, but thats really the only negative comment I've actually heard.

Good ones, I've had a number of people complement me on how well i dressed, always a good feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

The worst thing every said to me was "please leave my store as I don't approve of your kind".
    The best thing said to me was a sales lady in JCPennys said to me," you know for a man you do make a very nice looking women".