Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best and worst of remarks you received while being dressed in public

Best and worst of remarks you received while being dressed in public

My worst (sarcastic remark) came a couple summers ago I'm dressed up taking pictures in my front yard and a lady drives by and sarcastically yells "Look at you - so big!"
    My best compliment wasn't anything verbal but being introduced at a CD group in Dallas, Texas with everyone applauding me during my introduction

Banned Read only
    My best was a few years ago when I was out with my cousin, enjoying a girls night out at one of our favorite restaurants. Our waitress, an older woman, made a comment that it was "nice to see two sisters out enjoying themselves."

My worst, well...ummm...I can't really remember if I've even had a worst or even a mildly disdaining comment.

Best - Haven't you got lovely legs

Worst (not directly at me) - I'm sure that's a geezer.

Maria

Best, from a man following me into a restruant. He quickly sat down in a booth not his when he realised i was not the lady he thought, "There aught to be a law." This was spoken to the waitress. I was in male mode, and he was following me because of the appearance of my hair. Perhaps better was the waitress who also commented on my hair, "Yes there aught to be." At the time my hair was long (shoulder length) and wavvy.

The worst. Stopped by a police officer for traveling at a rate of speed not allowed on that highway. When he looked into my vehicle he stopped, pulled back and said, "Ooh!" I sorta took it as a compliment.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Best was in a coffee shop when a lady walking out with her husband leaned over and in a low voice said "your done up really
    nice" and the worse was sitting in a food court in the mall minding my own business when a fat lady in a one size fits all pair of stretch pants she must have found in the hippo section of the zoo stops in front of me puts her hands on her hips and in a very loud voice hollers"well ain't that cute,look it's a guy"
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

The best. I had not been out and a out very long. Only a few months. And I wanted to get out one Sunday might. So the only place I could think of that was even remotely safe for me at the time was a a bar called twisted. So I do myself up. Hoping that there will be a fun crowd. Turned out. There was aost nobody. So I ordere a drink. Pulled up a chair to a high table and watched some football. About an hour in. This younger then me last walks up to me out of the blue and says. ". You look beautiful ". About floored me.

The worst. Mostly the voice in my head. I've been very lucky that I have not really had any horrible remarks made to me. I'm not sure why. Probably because I'm
    Lost in my own world and don't hear them I suppose.

Cheers.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Never had a bad comment or anything like that, I guess the best was last Saturday night at a Restaurant a man held the door for me. That was nice. I have also been asked by another cd'er if I was a spouse of one of the others there.....I had them fooled!

Most of the time when I have been out in public no one seems to notice anything or at least never acts like they do.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

The best was, "this way ladies" as the waitress lead us to a table. An the worst was "you're so sloppy" for getting a spot on the blouse I was wearing, that belonged to my wife while we were driving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I've had a couple people ask me to marry them on chat sites. Not exactly public, I know. But that was both the best, and worst

One year for work I went full en femme as a costume by borrowing a friends clothes.

Most of my coworkers said I looked better as a female.

Not sure if this falls under best...or worst haha.
    "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." - Chinese Fortune Cookie, 1-27-13

Best "Good evening ladies" (I was out with my wife)...worst "Freak!" yelled by a teenager in a passing car while I was out walking.

Platinum Member
    Hmmm, I think the nicest comment was "You look really nice today" from the gentleman that runs the dryclearners. I suspect that there have been lots of less generous or positive reactions by less tolerant people, but I'm rather big and scary so they've kept the comments to themselves.

I witnessed 2 men drag a body out of their car in a parking lot. I had just left the gay bar across the street and was dressed to the 9s. I called 911 and told the dispatcher I was dressed as a woman. When one of the responding officers came up to me and asked, "Did you call this in, M'am? In my most feminine voice I said yes. He told me he needed my name, address, and phone number. I gave him my true legal name. After I had given him my middle name, he looked at me and said, "Naaaaa" I said yes. He then said "To each his own" and took the rest of my statement.

Best was when I was at a mall during Christmas and walked by the area where you could get your picture taken with Santa. I was walking by as well as 2 ggs nearby as well. Santa had just finished up with one kid and happened to look over and said, "Well don't we have 3 lovely looking ladies here." I could have sworn he looked right at me like he knew I was a CD, but at the same time, he had this mischevious grin on his face like he may have been a CD admirer. But the way he said it was definitely a compliment.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Not a comment, but a great reaction. This was my forth time out fully dressed, and I was walking a mall in the afternoon in a neighboring city. Walked by a Smashbox (might have name wrong) and the SA was sitting on a stool outside the glass counter. She saw me coming, and started smiling, and when I got near enough for her to talk she started to speak, but her eyes popped open (quess why?), her mouth got big and round, and all she could say was OOhhh, as I walked by. Did build my confidence that at 30 feet, and even at 20 feet I was a potential customer to talk to, but at ten feet it was all too apparent.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Read only
    Fortunately no bad ones, but the good one was being told by a woman that I had nice legs! Works for me...

i have not really had anything bad said to me yet.. my hair stylist is always talking about how great my legs look and how they look better then most womens.. i go pretty much where i want to go and have not had a bad experience yet.

This past Saturday night I was at a bar that has a great band I enjoy often.There was an empty seat next to me a a large woman in a very pink sweatshirt asks if it was taken and plops down. The next thing I know she asks"What are you doing here?"I replied"listening to the music". Then she asks" You're a hooker,aren't you working?" "No,not tonight"..knowing I had a live one! LOL I asked why she thought I was a hooker[looking good in a nice sweaterdress] She answered" Well you're trans something,so you probably are a hooker and I don't see how you can make it in a little place like this in a town like this UNLESS you have regular customers". As you can imagine,I played her between songs the rest of the night! Not bad,just funny!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Best..... in a thrift store and another lady looking at dresses, pulls one out and turns to me "This would look so great on you hun".

Worst..... "Oh my god it's one of them" from a 20 somethin GG with one hand over her mouth and the other holding her gut in half bent over.... Yea, I bolted.

I guess it goes with the job.....of just trying to be me...

Renne.....

Last year when I dressed for a adult prom fund raiser one of the women there told me that if you didn't look too close I kind of looked like a woman. Love it!
    Dana Fleming

My best and worst have both been from the wife while out.
    Best; "I have been looking for you for about ten minutes, I forgot you were dressed." She had been looking for the male me and did not recognize me instantly.
    Worst; "You look like an old dragon in that skirt, go in and get a pair of jeans and another top."
    The skirt made me look plump and dowdy, along with the top. A slim pair of jeans and tight fitting top improved my appearance no end.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't know if this constitutes the best or worst remark (or a combination of both ), but I was en route to a downtown event last year, which was actually, the Toronto leg of the America's Next Top Model multi-city tour featuring former transgender contestant Isis King.

I was in full "Leslie" mode, and as I was walking from the parking lot to the convention center where this event was taking place, I had to pass by a bar where a number of male patrons were gathered about outside having a quick smoke.

As I approached, all of them them gave me a quick once-over, and one of them asked me rhetorically with a sly - yet approving - smile "Will you marry me"? Despite being taken aback by this unexpected reaction I smiled back, muttered something non-committal, and hurried on past.

I admit - I had to chuckle inwardly as I relished this back-handed compliment, but it was also not lost on me that alcohol might have been involved here...

This brings back a memory. When my wife was still alive, she made a comment to me about the attire I was wearing, "that outfit makes you look like a wanabee drag queen." We are not going out with you dressed like that. She picked out something else for me to wear, and after I changed, she said, now that is what Veronnica is supposed to look like. Out we went, and I recieved many compliments from men and ladies at the lounge we were at. I was sure glad I listened to her. Veronnie2

I have had very few bad experiences...but the worst was I was at a local mall and as I walked past the guy working one of the mall kiosks yelled "Hey faggot!" I ignored him, didnt even blink but he continued to yell as I walked away "Yeah you faggot I'm talking to you!!! You're a f'ing disgrace to men everywhere!" I found the las bit to be really ironic considering the spectacle he was making.

The best is when I just get a simple Ma'am or what can i get you ladies or hello girls when i am out and about alone or with my wife in just my everyday look which is very fem and I havent really done anything special.

When ever I go out with friends, even when I'm not completely obviously dressed, I always get called a lady.

My worst: "that's a hot tomboy" I found that amusing.