Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heels and snow...

I've learned the hard way and have walked in over 12" of snow for 4 city blocks in heels...It was nasty....I finally bought 2 pairs of boots and now I won't wear heels again unless there's a gala.

The boots make me feel like a dominant bitch!

Makeup addict!
    Don't wear your heels in the snow, it's a bad idea

I beg to differ!
    My wife has a pair boots with 3" heel that she wears regularly walking in snow/ice. The boot was designed with traction in mind.

I think that platforms would be better to rise above the snow!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I think that platforms would be better to rise above the snow!
    Eryn, you're a California chick....You girls are so, so lucky and don't get the snow....

Unless those platforms have an ultra rubber grip then they're going to slip, slide and you'll twist an ankle.

I think the whole idea of wearing heels is to 1. do what GG's do, 2. look more like a real girl, 3. feel like a real girl. That said, real girls don't wear heels in snow. Well, except for the really stupid ones, anyway. Besides, there are plenty of very pretty boots out there. I liked the ones with long fur all over, as if they are sasquatch feet (can't find a picture). Or mukluks,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

If you're just driving, or if there is less than 1/8 inch of snow on the ground, you can wear your pumps. Any more than that and you risk ruining your shoes.

But, do bring a pair of sneakers or warm boots with you even if they are your guy boots, just in case the weatherman is wrong, you get 3"-4" snow, and you get stuck in a snow drift. This has happened to me and I was ever so thankful that I had some comfy, flat, warm yet ugly black boots in the trunk. I was at a wedding. It was clear as could be when I went in the building but when we came out all the cars were buried under snow.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    Hi Rookie, I hope that your health care insurance is paid up.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_C View Post
    I beg to differ!
    My wife has a pair boots with 3" heel that she wears regularly walking in snow/ice. The boot was designed with traction in mind.
    3 inches is not a heel, that's like walking in flats

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    That said, real girls don't wear heels in snow. Well, except for the really stupid ones, anyway.
    Well I must be really stupid then except I wouldn't be wearing boots like you posted to a wedding
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

That's a ..rookiemistake!? If you are stuck on high heels then you need to get some high heel boots.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Women don't wear heels in the snow. They might wear snow boots (or UGGs) and carry their heels or they will be wearing boots.
    I see women in heels all the time around here. A good percentage of the boots women wear have heels. I don't see that many high heel shoes but I do see them. And we get plenty of snow.

My wife wears heels in the snow all of the time. And so do I :-) I say do what you feel comfortable with.

I wear heels in the snow, a great chance to wear high boots with cute socks and leggings, long coat. Love it!

I wear heels all the time ... except in the snow and ice. I've just learned to accept that in the wintertime, I need to carry a tote bag with an alternate pair of shoes or boots. I change into my heels when I get inside where I'm going, and back into the winter gear before I go outside again. It's a little clumsy carrying both a purse and a bag with shoes in it, but that's just the price of looking good in the wintertime (and keeping my kiester and other body parts intact when negotiating icy sidewalks and parking lots).

- Diane

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    That's a major reason why I'm waiting to do any real excursions out until we're past the snow-and-ice part of the year...

I oughta know, too; I had a bad accident with black ice, and I wasn't even wearing heels at the time. I slipped, dislocated my kneecap, and ripped two tendons in my knee that needed surgery to fix. So no wonder I'm a bit wary!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I was out night in flats, but my girl freind was in 5" spikes, slipted on ice and twisted her ankle. Quick end to the night.
    That said, I do love walking in fresh snow in heels and looking back at my foot steps. Pointing toes and a hell dot.

Algoma

Boots are a must have in the winter. Even boots with a heel are better than pumps in the snow. Boots are sexy too, so a double win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    3 inches is not a heel, that's like walking in flats

Well I must be really stupid then except I wouldn't be wearing boots like you posted to a
    wedding dress
    I am not sure but I have read somewhere too high heels is not good for feet.. Is it so? Girls are crazy about high heels...