Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothing Mannerisms

Clothing Mannerisms

My SO made an observation this afternoon before going to work. She said "You know, you take better care of your female things than your males things. Real women don't fuss over their clothing like you do, yet you spend time checking them and hanging them special ways and just "hang" your male clothes".

We both laughed but it got me to thinking....I do that. I just throw my drab clothes on the hanger, hang them and push them aside and together. My femme clothes get special hanging treatment and have a space between each outfit.

That's when she said "I didn't notice you did that until you bought the shoe rack the other day". Which I did for my heels so they weren't on the bottom of the closet lol

So My question to the GG's is, Is she right? do you just throw your dresses and such on a hanger and hang them or do you place them so they are not touching?

To my Sister's, do you do this or do you just hang them? Do you take better care of your femme wardrobe than your male wardrobe?

PS: Mods, hopefully this isn't in the wrong section but if it is I am sorry. Sometimes it is confusing as to where something goes when it fits two different sections.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 02-07-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Funny you should say that my wife says I look after my female stuff a lot better than my drab clothes! My man stuff just gets thrown on the floor and mysteriously moves to the laundry basket and gets washed yet my female clothes and things get put away neatly hung up in the wardrobe.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I'm an equally meticulous dresser! I'm retired with few demands on my time, so I spend all the time I like on both my wardrobes. They're both pretty extensive and well done and kept clean and neat and ironed. Yes, I have a "professional" iron, and I know how to use it! Been meticulous about my clothes since high school and the military. In that area, nothing's really changed except for the additional wardrobe.[/SIZE]

That is so true. My daily clothes get hung, unbuttoned, on a hanger that gets crammed into an open space. My feminine clothes are sorted by color, length and style.

(and since this pertains to MtF in general and not a specific clothing type, yes it is OK here)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I treat all my clothes the same, suits in a zippered garment bag, better dresses in a zippered garment bags all the rest get push into my overflowing closet with some effort to try to avoid larges wrinkles from being crammed in so tightly. Good male shoes on, including one extremely large that has my regular go to shoes.

I kind of just jam them on the rack. So, that means I'm a woman then?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

hmmmmm....most women I have known takes a lot of care with their clothes. I know many that hang t shirts on hangers, jeans on hangers, and carefully hang dresses with plastic covers and such. Some even fold the panties in the drawer.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    my femme cloths get tossed in to a tote but fold nicely my panties are folder in drawer no male undies here LOL

Thank god, I thought maybe I was getting slightly weird for this mannerism lol then again, they could say this whole thing is weird but they'd be wrong on many levels, right on others It just struck me funny that she mentioned it as I wasn't putting much thought into it, just doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post

(and since this pertains to MtF in general and not a specific clothing type, yes it is OK here)
    Just wanted to apologize ahead of time in case I was wrong, yet again, and maybe save myself one of the notes they send to your pm for being bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I kind of just jam them on the rack. So, that means I'm a woman then?
    um, Maybe? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Nowakowski View Post
    my femme cloths get tossed in to a tote but fold nicely my panties are folder in drawer no male undies here LOL
    This makes me wonder, are you closeted to everyone? or just figure to hide them from like kids or visitors?

I figure that most closeted girls (not all) just throw their clothes into a box or tote. I did for a very long time, now they hang right next to my drab wardrobe and My So offered next to her spare wardrobe in the spare room.

I must say I much more prefer hanging them so they are wrinkle free and ready to go if I ever got up and went lol I also understand that a lot of girls don't have accepting SO's and such too
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    That is so true. My daily clothes get hung, unbuttoned, on a hanger that gets crammed into an open space. My feminine clothes are sorted by color, length and style.
    Same here. I always chalked it up to the male me and the female me. Different personas, different habits. Misty is a neat freak . . . I'm a pig

I take pretty good care of most all my girl clothes.. dresses and things more so.. Well i guess i should say i take better care of my girl clothes then male clothes however i do take care of most all my good clothes.. i have things i wear around the house and work in that i don't pay much attention too..

i am guilty as well i hang my shirts and jeans nicely in the closet my drab stuff is squished in the closet becuase my fem cloths are taking over my closets. i also hand wash my undies

I am careful with my girl clothes and not so careful with the boy clothes.I do very dirty work so I never let them meet..lol Wife,daughter,and myself...three clothes horses.!And I know I am more careful with my shoes than they are!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Silver Member
    I carefully hang my female clothes, my male clothes are just where ever I leave them. However, all of my female clothes are dressy things, and (except one men's suit I have when I absolutely have to wear one) my male clothes are just casual stuff; I have to take better care of my female clothes because they are more delicate, need to be ironed, and are more expensive etc., my male clothing doesn't.

I do take better care of my dresses than my trousers and shirts.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I figured there may a few of us that did this I am glad I am not alone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Laura28 View Post
    i am guilty as well i hang my shirts and jeans nicely in the closet my drab stuff is squished in the closet becuase my fem cloths are taking over my closets. i also hand wash my undies
    My male wardrobe is always hanging also, even the Tshirts but I certainly hang my femme stuff a lot better than I do the male. My wardrobe is also starting to take over the closet and I may have to take my SO up on moving some of it next to her good stuff in the spare room at some point but I am not there yet I say yet because when I think I have "enough", I always find something else to buy lol

I would like to say that I take better care of my girl clothes but nowdays I seem to be slipping a bit. I think it's a mixture of lack of wardrobe space and having to do a quick change act at the end of the day and have everything back to normal before picking my wife up from the station.

Maria

I do take better care of my things than the male clothes. Most of the male items are just t-shirts and jeans or work uniforms.
    The other clothing is more dressy and I prefer it to be neat and cared for....after all I did pay more for them than I did for the male t-shirts...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I definitely take better care of my feminine clothes than my male things. I also have more of them!
    Hugs, Carole

Yes, I have all of mine sorted in sequence, hanging up and trying to keep them wrinkle free.

I spend far more on my femme clothes than my male clothes so it is worth the extra time to keep them nice. For the most part the male clothes dont get used very often anyway, so I just leave them alone.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I take equal care of all my clothing, but I do keep the male stuff segregated from the female stuff. I don't want those icky things touching my good clothes!

I don't have the room in my closet for them not to touch each other.But I think I dogive them better. then my drab things.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    I do take better care of my female clothes than male clothes. I make sure there is plenty of room between my dresses and tops. Male clothes are bunched together. Female shoes all scuffs are rub off and make sure they stay clean, male shoes could care less about.

There is something that is being discounted in this discussion. Some, not all feminine clothing is more easily damaged, or wrinkled. Men's clothing is more durable, for the most part. I used to store my leggings though in drawers, like my t-shirts and such. My dress shirts are hung up. All my dresses and skirts are also hung up, but funny enough all my pants are also hung up. My hose are packed in their original boxes, on me, or in my garment wash bag, once again, they are delicate, so just leaving them on the floor opens them up to getting damaged. All of my catsuits are on their own hanger, this is really so that getting to them is easy, and that I don't have to go through the numberous black leggings I have to find my catsuits, if I hung those amonst the leggings. I recall my mother taking very good care of her dresses and skirts, and not so careful with her jeans, so this to me is NOT just something CDs do.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.