Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Befuddled SA's

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Befuddled SA's

At Macy's today in guy mode looking for a long line bra with no luck BTW I saw a rack of Calvin Kline panties on sale.
    Only one pair left in my size so I grab it and got to the cashier.
    Same old same old right we all do it (old hat stuff for most of us)
    Two middle aged ladies behind the counter I stood there with my item and they just looked at me with a totally bewildered look, think deer in the headlights look.
    I said I would like to buy these please and laid them on the counter.
    They said nothing and just stared at me.
    I was wondering are these ladies even on this planet?
    I spoke again and they seemed they had never sold a guy panties of much less ever had a guy in their dept.
    I put my hand on my hip and said "Heeeello" I would like to pay for these panties.
    The older lady finally said umm OK I guess so and giggled.
    I gave her a look right in the eyes and told her ma'am you need to do you job and not judge people, my money spends elsewhere just fine.
    She rang me up and apologized You're right I'm sorry that was wrong.
    I said thank your apology is accepted.
    I turned and said have a nice day ladies smiled and walked away.
    My advice is don't let people like this define you or scare you off we have a right to go and buy whatever we want.

Never had a problem in my neck of the woods, except for one incident. I was dressed as a guy, and I wanted to use a fitting room at Macy's to try on a cocktail dress, and they insisted that I make an appointment for a private room. That incident never happened again.

I buy panty hose regularly at Nordstroms, mainly because their SA's are so welcoming and accomodating.

But when I shop en femme, all the barriers are suddenly gone, and I am treated like every other woman. OK, I'm short (5'6"), I get that.
    The reason that is, is I do it well, or they are too intimidated by transgender folks....I have no idea.

Thank you for sharing this, Tracii. I will try to keep this in mind the next time I'm shopping. Going to the register fills me with terror since I'm still new to buying women's stuff. Your courage inspires me.
    Peace and love, - Christy

Banned Read only
    I know that feeling Tracy, a lot of times it like what they don't say that speaks louder.It's the looks we sometimes get.

Thanks for sharing and I like the mature way that you handled this. It almost sounds like me, if I ran into a similar situation.

I've had a few SAs look a little awkward when buying panties, but none have ever given me any hassle about it. Usually they just treat me like anyone else.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Silver Member
    I love interaction with SAs. I was looking for a bra one day and when the older SA asked if it was for my wife or girlfriend I said no, me. She started laughing and said, no really. She never believed me.

i love sa like that there the essayist to mess with.

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    I love interaction with SAs. I was looking for a bra one day and when the older SA asked if it was for my wife or girlfriend I said no, me. She started laughing and said, no really. She never believed me.
    I have had SA's say that and laugh but its not the same as the giggle I got today very very different.Her giggle seemed more a disgusted giggle @ yes there is a difference.
    It was her eyes that tipped me off so I responded in that manner.
    Peoples eyes let their inner feelings out and show who they really are.I just hope I humbled her to some degree and maybe she will be more considerate to the next TG person that comes her way.

So true about the eyes Tracii. They say the eyes are the window to the soul. Haven't had an experience like that yet although I have had some interesting ones
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Banned Read only
    Traci you did GREAT, I'm so glad you stood up; you also stood up and sent a lesson for new CDers that would have been intimated and scared off by these antiquated prejudice women. You probially handled it better than I would have, I would have let them know how wrong they were, how they were belittling a paying customer and I probially would have called the manager over and explained what they did in front of them and any customers near by. This being done I'll bet they NEVER would do that to another customer. Some assholes in this world need to be dressed down for what they do to good people.

Tracii, you handled it very well. I probably would have cursed, thrown the panties at them and left. You took them to task. Good for you. I hope I remember this next time. Steph.
    Stephanie

Good for you. SA was a idiot. We have some like that around here too. Funny part is they are paid by commission.

Right on Tracii,

Thnx for righting those ladies.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
    I've had a few SAs look a little awkward when buying panties, but none have ever given me any hassle about it. Usually they just treat me like anyone else.

A few years back I was buying a few pair of panties. I noticed an elderly SA behind the counter. She was doing fine waiting on other customers and talking to them. They were all women. When I laid the panties down on the counter the SA looked at them and started shaking and blubbering. She seemed like she didn't know what to do. I felt bad for her and really didn't want to upset her. We took probably three times the time to get through that simple transaction than it should have. As I turned to leave I thought I heard a big sigh of relief.

SA's like that are fodder for my soul.
    I then ask about all sorts of intimate apparel and how it is suitable/not suitable.
    WHEN they do call a superior over I let him/her have all the information I have on the way I have been treated and invariably score a gift voucher and an apology if it goes that far.
    Normally I have coralled the SA way before then and they are apologetic and give me some discount.
    See! I am not a silly old perv I just love to emulate women and I used to be good at it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good for you Traci. I just wish I had the nerve to go buy in a store. I am still in the closet and buying online .

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Great job Tracii, not only did you defend your rights as a consumer but you defended a lot of girls rights just the same. Hope these two will be more professional in the future or just lose their jobs because of it. I hate to see people lose their jobs in this day and age but it would send a pretty clear cut message on how to treat others especially when you deal with the public.

I have only have one encounter to date that really stands out amongst all of my shopping trips. Back when I was in the closet to my SO, I use to shop solo and had a male SA at Kmart ask me "couldn't find a matching purse?" when all I had taken to the check out was a pair of heels (which I seldom even wear). I looked and said "oh I didn't know you had matching purses" and that was the end of that.

All of the other times I have shopped solo, I have never had anyone giggle, laugh, look at me stupidly, or even hesitate to ring anything up. Our money spends the same as anyone elses so why would they just do their jobs? Now, since I am out to my SO, we do most of the shopping together.

She has a few fears herself which is understandable. Just as I have some fears still, so does she. A while back we were buying a few things and we picked her up a few bra's and one for me (could only find the one that I liked). She was worried that they "would know" because we obviously have two different bra sizes and they might question it. I told her " hon, it's none of their business who they are for or that they are different sizes". The checkout went without question but had it not a manager would have been called.

For all the closeted girls here, I know it's not easy to shop. I have been there, done that, but your money is as good as anyone elses. there are no signs saying you can't buy from the women's section or browse the women's section. It's none of their business as to "who it's for" and stand your ground. I know it's easier said than done too but it will go a long ways to making you more comfortable shopping for yourself and getting the right sizes and such which means less money wasted or the hassles of a return.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I put my hand on my hip and said "Heeeello" I would like to pay for these panties.
    The older lady finally said umm OK I guess so and giggled.
    I gave her a look right in the eyes and told her ma'am you need to do you job and not judge people, my money spends elsewhere just fine.
    She rang me up and apologized You're right I'm sorry that was wrong.
    I said thank your apology is accepted.
    I turned and said have a nice day ladies smiled and walked away.
    My advice is don't let people like this define you or scare you off we have a right to go and buy whatever we want.
    And that was the perfect way to handle it, polite but being firm about being treated with respect. She was probably a new trainee, or someone who hasn't got with the program. It happens. Much less common than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Never had a problem in my neck of the woods, except for one incident. I was dressed as a guy, and I wanted to use a fitting room at Macy's to try on a cocktail dress, and they insisted that I make an appointment for a private room.
    I actually had the opposite experience in a Macy's...in guy mode with my mother (who had pointed out the ouftit to me) no less and offered a dressing room without asking. Goes to show that sometimes one gets a clueless SA. I think part of the issue sometimes is that when transfolk are in guy mode they're not certain how to react, they see "guy" but know we're trans and get a little confused on how to deal with us.

But when I shop en femme, all the barriers are suddenly gone, and I am treated like every other woman. OK, I'm short (5'6"), I get that.
    The reason that is, is I do it well, or they are too intimidated by transgender folks....I have no idea.
    Well en-femme their training kicks in and they know how to treat us, like any other woman shopping.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Banned Spammer
    I'm sure they were thinking this guy is a perve looking at bras and panties or he is going to rob us.LOL
    She learned a lesson in humility and decency I hope.
    I'm not one to scream to the manager and cause a hissy fit because I wouldn't want someone to lose their job, I am a compassionate person.
    I think taking it to the source and confronting "the beast" and putting the issue to rest is the best way to handle things like this.
    Not with loud voices but with style and class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'm sure they were thinking this guy is a perve looking at bras and panties or he is going to rob us.LOL
    She learned a lesson in humility and decency I hope.
    I'm not one to scream to the manager and cause a hissy fit because I wouldn't want someone to lose their job, I am a compassionate person.
    I think taking it to the source and confronting "the beast" and putting the issue to rest is the best way to handle things like this.
    Not with loud voices but with style and class.
    here here bravo............................Debra
    [/I]

Tracii, great story, it is strange how same "Macy's" banner, different feel. We have a large Macy's in Troy, Michigan. They had a dressing room in "Intimate's", away from the main path. I had the chance to try a full body briefer and bra with the guide of a SA. A "Long Tall Sally" is still my best bet for shopping.

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    Way to go Tracii.

Wow Traci I am amazed they just didn't ring it up and take your money. If I were U I would have made sure they new the purchase was for me Go for the shock effect when you can LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Bravo Traci. You handled that very well.

I once had an SA ask me if the panties I was purchasing were for my wife. I informed her that I did not have a wife. She then said "I hope they are the correct size." I said "Oh, they are the correct size."