Thread: 10 days En Femme!

Red face 10 days En Femme!

I am just about to begin a 10 day vacation which begins tomorrow by getting my eyebrows waxed then shopping and mani/pedi with girlfriends. I will spend the entirety of the 10 days en femme, including flying pretty. I will be on a cruise with a bunch of friends, some of which are trans, most are cis-people but cool. I have never spent more than a couple days en femme, and I know my friends are going to be fine, but the people outside our sizable (600ish people) group make me a tad apprehensive. I doubt anything will happen other than stares and whispered remarks along the lines of "that's a dude...", both of which I am going to keep my head up and keep walking in my stylish yet affordable heels. I am planning to swim (at least frolic in the water, trying to keep the wig on/dry) and sunbathe in my two-piece suits (I want those sexy straps in my tan line ). Formal nights are going to be full on ball gowns, and every other night will be nice evening dress. Day wear will either be sundress, shorts and tshirt, or skirt and tshirt (I have a bunch of each so as to not feel forced into one or another).

Have a good time.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    That sounds like a ball!
    Where are you cruising too?
    Just dont get tempted to go skinny dipping in the pool, or your secret might get out.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Awesome!

Have a wonderful trip! And please bring home lots of pictures and stories to share with us!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Good for you! Walk with grace and confidence and everything will be fine. We can't wait to hear back from you when you return.

Have fun sounds like a nice adventure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Cruising with a bunch of friends that know who/what you are is an excellent idea.
    A similar situation a holiday with supportive girls got me going some years ago.
    They were more encouraging than supportive, either I dressed or I did not go on the holiday with them.
    Thinking now, maybe it was a form of forced dressing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

oh you lucky girl!! have a great time and take lots of pic's for us...
    paula

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    have fun and lots of pics
    and alway be safe

Stephania
    very cool. Please don't leave us hanging. We would like to hear how it went. Especially now that you've
    teased us.

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    i agree with you Stepanie

Sounds great!! Have a wonderful time. Look forward to hearing about it all!

Have fun and enjoy the time enfemme
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Enjoy. That sounds like such a great time!

Sounds great Rachel, I have a dream of doing this exact thing, and your starting right with the mani pedi and primping. With the group as large as you say it is, there may be some whispering, but you should not have any problems. I absolutly love going to the beach, pool in my bikini.......I actually use a mens shirt boyfriend style as a coverup, it feels very sexy with its heavy cotton, and hanging loose below my bikini bottom. I often leave a few buttons undone just for a daring feel.

Have a geat trip, will look forward to seeing pics and hearing stories. Tell me what group you went with for future reference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

I hope you have a blast! Cruises are fantastic and I'll bet this experience will live up to it for you. Come back and tell us all about it!

oh the group I am with is not the issue, I am certain that almost every one of them is not only cool with "our kind", but supportive. The previous years cruise had 2 women who were transitioning, one of whom began her full-time on the first day of the cruise, inspired by one of the group's performers. Those two women have become very popular in the group, and friends with many of us. I will certainly try to keep a diary of how things go, may have to go get one of those cute diaries now that I mention it...and maybe a gel pen to write with...

Have a good time.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachel, Pace yourself so you don't get burnt out by the seventh day.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Be sure to take pictures so you can rub it in all our faces. LUCKY!

I REALLY envy you, I had that wish but could never act upon it. I wish you a fantastic time.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Have a good time, and take lots of pictures for us.

Have a wondeful time -- we all look forward to hearing about it. And remember that even when you're read, people will appreciate you.

Mind that sun!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Sounds like a great ten days! Enjoy and don't worry about the rare critical comment.

Silver Member
    Remember to wear sunscreen. My guess is that you dress regularly so this will be just the same but for a longer timeframe. Bring plenty of hair removal supplies so you stay nice and smooth. have you considered getting more than just your brows waxed? It might save you some time every day. Enjoy!