Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the appropriate CD outfit for shoveling snow?

What's the appropriate CD outfit for shoveling snow?

I don't think I have any situational appropriate attire for the debut of Nemo. All you gurls in the Northeast, be safe this weekend!

Deedee

A lady would wear a nice sweater and tights, of course would also be inside watching a man shovel the snow as she looks through the window.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

This girl wears the appropriate underthings, including winterweight hose, over that some heavy pants and a warm blouse, followed by warm boots and a light coat. Appropriate head gear, because my ears are prone to frostbite, and a light weight coat. It is very bad to sweat in the cold. Your best bet is to work hard but keep the sweat, down.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I wouldn't shovel snow in drab! Neither would my dad. That's why we moved to SoCal a million years ago!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A snow bunny would go nicely.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    A lady would wear a nice sweater and tights, of course would also be inside watching a man shovel the snow as she looks through the window.
    Yes, but that would be watching myself. Ooooo, Freaky.....

Same as for men. Something warm. Boots that have treads to grip the snow. Gloves so you don't get blisters doing all that shoveling. In my experience, the women I've been with have worn basic underwear, jeans/sweats, socks, not stockings, sturdy boots, sweatshirt/flannel shirt, coat, sometimes a cute hat, but nothing hanging from the hat because it gets caught in the shovel handle. Does that help?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    I'll go with carhearts and snow blower and my ipod and some good traction boots
    it is snow here we have 5+ inches
    tammy

I'm thinking a nice fleese headband, fleese jacket, heavy leggins and uggs. I like the snow bunny look
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

I wear my hunter orange one piece winter coverall while I use the snow blower.
    When all else fails............................... Read the directions!

Personality Crisis
    Definitely my Doc Martens.

Whatever keeps you warm.
    A pink shovel is a must.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am afraid its back to drab for this girl!!

Hi,

Being a woman , i have my ski bib overalls a lined jacket our son gave me my wool'e hat & work snowboots & thick socks & gloves , plus i have worn those in the snow here & around our Vilage, for myself i dress for the weather,

...noeleena...

Not sure the driveway and/or sidewalk is going to critique your attire. So I recommend boots, longjohns, thick wool socks, heavy coat, gloves, and either a hood (if the coat has one), or a good hat.
    PS I know what you were really asking...just not sure about the practicality of it...?
    I do not mean to offend by being so forward, it's my nature to be direct.

I have shoveled snow in a sweater dress with pantyhose, and wearing waffle stompers for traction. sweater dresses are quite warm, and the wig keeps your head and ears warm.

Some of the questions I see asked on here make me but this... lol... seriously?? Do you want to hear how women get their best dress and heels on to shovel snow?? Come on, let's be realistic, women shovel snow wearing warm clothes, jeans, thick trousers/pants, a warm jumper, coat, gloves, hat, scarf... it's not dress up, it's keep warm and hurry up!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

How about fishnets, strappy heels, short tight skirt, warm turtleneck top and a nice fur coat?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Some of the questions I see asked on here make me but this... lol... seriously?? Do you want to hear how women get their best dress and heels on to shovel snow?? Come on, let's be realistic, women shovel snow wearing warm clothes, jeans, thick trousers/pants, a warm jumper, coat, gloves, hat, scarf... it's not dress up, it's keep warm and hurry up!!
    Hi, Tamara, it was strictly a humorous question... I feel as if shoveling is more a guy thing. Just wondering what gurls who are pretty much full time do when they have to shovel snow. I hate sweating in my feminine clothes, so I will go back to drab clothes all the way to the skin, and cover up with my snowmobile suit, if this storm is anything like it is supposed to be.

Deedee

Seems like whenever my wife is away during the winter months it always snows a lot and I have to go shovel it. Of course not being able to dress very often I have to take my dress off and I then put on a woman's pants and sweater. I also put on my drab snow boots. And I have a stocking hat thats not too femme. Then its out to shovel. It is a strange sensation shoveling like that such as I experienced last night.

I prefer solar snow removal personally
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I moved to a condo, I'm too old to shovel any more.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Easy for me....give the neighbor kid a few bucks and let him do it while you watch from your window.....dressed of course...veronnie2

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronnie2 View Post
    Easy for me....give the neighbor kid a few bucks and let him do it while you watch from your window.....dressed of course...veronnie2
    Don't forget the hot chocolate to sip on while watching.