Thread: Crossdressing....Why the wonderful feeling

Banned Read only

Crossdressing....Why the wonderful feeling

Hello

Im new and happy to have joined this forum. I was wondering why does crossdressing provide this feeling of peace and happiness for me? Why does wearing womens clothing do this for me? It also increases my sexual drive. Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me mentally. I feel that what I do is wrong but then why do I feel so good about it? What does it do for you?

There's nothing "wrong" with you mentally. Not unless you accept that there's some objective standard of "right" mentally. There isn't. The human psyche is complex mix of chemicals and synapses and thoughts and feelings, and there's no one "right." There's a certain range of mental functionality that society has deemed the "normal" spectrum, but that's just an arbitrary definition that's constantly shifting. Crossdressing may be "outside the norm," and we've been conditioned to equate "outside the norm" with "wrong," but that's just ... er, wrong.

Why does crossdressing make you feel good? Because that's the stimulus that triggers the happy chemicals in your brain. Everything else is just perception.
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

Personality Crisis
    What do you do when you crossdress? Do you just sit there and look in the mirror? I do!

Trust me, there is something mentally wrong with everyone in this world. What is normal? And remember that you have no idea what goes on inside other people's heads. You'd be surprised how normal you really are.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariamythe View Post
    Why does crossdressing make you feel good? Because that's the stimulus that triggers the happy chemicals in your brain.
    I like the happy chemicals

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    I like the happy chemicals
    The happy chemicals made you say that.
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

Maybe manland has to many pressures, so you go somewhere peaceful for a small mini-holiday

Banned Read only
    It's simple, women are curvey, sexy, pretty, desirable and they have all these things to make them moreso such as pretty clothes, makeup, etc. and you and men donot. So you and other CD's try to be one and it feels very very good, a feeling you can't buy in a store.

Your thoughts and feelings are imbued with the "taboo" of crossdressing!!!!! Society has given labels to everything in this world and has sighted strong if not one sided opinions on singled out issues (crossdressing as one example) I LOVE BECOMING THE WOMAN THAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN but unfortunately male is my gender(ugh ugh). Normal, what is normal????? I feel that I am normal and really don't care what people think after they find out that I LOVE to dress as a woman. If dressing as a woman gives you a "good feelings" then GO FOR THE GOLD!!!!!! I do, and whenever I indulge my "alter ego" I feel much better and H A T E to change back.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

That is a magic.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Chick View Post
    What do you do when you crossdress? Do you just sit there and look in the mirror? I do!
    Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    Maybe manland has to many pressures, so you go somewhere peaceful for a small mini-holiday
    Sounds logical too me

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    It's simple, women are curvey, sexy, pretty, desirable and they have all these things to make them moreso such as pretty clothes, makeup, etc. and you and men donot.
    Why is that.....I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    If dressing as a woman gives you a "good feelings" then GO FOR THE GOLD!!!!!!
    Molly
    Im going for it

Quote Originally Posted by missmars View Post
    That is a magic.
    Yes it is

Thank You All for your replies,I feel much better and I will enjoy being who I am!

It makes me feel like you do.
    I am happy and as normal as the next person and the guilt feeling was lost in the sands of time years ago.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Hello

Im new and happy to have joined this forum. I was wondering why does crossdressing provide this feeling of peace and happiness for me? Why does wearing womens clothing do this for me? It also increases my sexual drive. Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me mentally. I feel that what I do is wrong but then why do I feel so good about it? What does it do for you?
    I've often wondered this. It just can't be about the clothing, but about a state of mind. The clothes being a "gateway" into this particular state of mind. Almost like a comfort blanket.

Your comment - "I feel that what I do is wrong but then why do I feel so good about it" resonates greatly with me. I view it as a conflict - a conflict between social acceptance/requirement and personal happiness. I know which I prefer. This may sound selfish, but I would rather make other people feel uncomfortable around me than me feel uncomfortable around them. I am fast becoming tired of adhering to social convention as far as my gender goes. So much so that I'm now in at a moment in my life where I can quite happily go out wearing female clothing while not feeling the necessity to present myself as a woman completely. By that I mean I will wear the clothes but doing so that facially at the very least, it is obvious that I am a man. I am simply reaching the point that I don't care anymore what people think. I know that the people closest to me are who really matter, and if I am happy then they will be happy for me and I will be a better person for them. If that means having to endure a few negative comments in the street from strangers, then so be it. But you know, the funny thing is - I haven't been subjected to such negative comments from strangers in the street.

And that, in spite of what I have just said (and thus at the risk of sounding hypocritical), makes me happy.

When I go out I know I look good and feel good. I have had many compliments to that effect. In male mode I have rarely if ever had many compliments even when suited and booted. I am not a scruff but being at home most of the time there is no reason to dress smart in male mode but this helps me make all the more effort in girl mode. In relation to the sexual side if you see a nice looking well dressed GG in high heels, short skirt etc it does make you feel good even though you can look but not touch. If you are fond of the old CDing to be able to dress and try to look as good as a well dressed GG and then see yourself in a mirror well it's like having all your eggs in one basket. It sounds weird but I could almost have a mirror beside me when watching the tv so I can keep looking out of the corner of my eye at this beautiful "woman" well in my eyes.

Maria

Misty,
    The emerging science would suggest a different view than those expressed already (these views are all valid just from different perspective). The long story short goes like this. During in utero development, the development of the brain is dependent upon a complicated cascade of events for "normal" development. For those of us not on the extreme end of the gender spectrum, the requisite sequence was not quite done correctly. The result is that we have structures in our brain that are more toward the gender opposite that what our genes and genitals indicate we "should" be. At the extreme, the brain is totally the "other" gender and the person with this condition will feel the need to transition in order to relieve the pain of not being "right". For those of us who are "just" crossdressers, we probably have structures that are either consistent with both genders or structures that are in between. So when you dress, the good feeling is from your female brain structures receiving a sense of validation that it really is part of you. That sense of validation may release some chemicals that make you feel good or it could simply relieve you of the stress you feel because you are not gender congruent.

I have found that understanding the origins of my "difference" has really helped me accept who I am. Knowing that I have had no control over the situation - that is, it isn't a choice, makes it easier to understand and accept.

Hope this helps,
    Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    It makes me feel like you do.
    I am happy and as normal as the next person and the guilt feeling was lost in the sands of time years ago.
    Im also working on losing the guilt feeling,Im not hurting anyone. Well, except my wife and her emotional rejection. I guess thats why she finally kicked me out and wants a divorce

Quote Originally Posted by jenni_xx View Post
    I've often wondered this. It just can't be about the clothing, but about a state of mind. The clothes being a "gateway" into this particular state of mind. Almost like a comfort blanket.
    I agree jenni

Quote Originally Posted by Maria S View Post
    When I go out I know I look good and feel good. I have had many compliments to that effect.
    Maria,youre so lucky,I hope someday I may be able to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LeannL View Post
    I have found that understanding the origins of my "difference" has really helped me accept who I am. Knowing that I have had no control over the situation - that is, it isn't a choice, makes it easier to understand and accept.

Hope this helps,
    Leann
    It does,Thank You Leann

Im so amazed and thankful for your responses and compassion. Im hoping someday to be able to go out and show the world my true self just as some of you have. I admire your courage.