Thread: Testosterone vs. Estrogen: what identifies you?

Testosterone vs. Estrogen: what identifies you?

Hormones: The body produces natural drugs. They are gender drugs that define us who we are, and how we think and act.
    Males = testosterone
    Female = estrogen
    What defines the natural you ?

In other words....what defines the true you?

Peace & love, all of you (...as Ringo of the Beatles always says).
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 02-12-2013 at 01:16 AM.

The way it is worded there is only one answer and it is genetically determined for me it is 'T.' However if you include non "natural" consciously chosen then 'E.' I choose Estrogen and the effects from it are very nice thank you but can they be called "natural" not really.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Beats the heck out of me! Probably Italian style, a "little-of-eachy".

Hi,

A menopausal woman with Estrogen & normal womans Testosterone that i need, well we all need,

...noeleena...

For me, I'm not really sure. All I've known is the 'T' side of my life and I am only recently exploring the 'E' side of me. I really do like what I have discovered about the femme side of me so far, to the point that I would have to say that 'E' is winning.

Sorry Nathalie,
    No straight replies yet.
    A glass of 50/50 taken with orange juice, daily.
    To answer the question, estrogen, as I think from a woman's point of view most of the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I don't have a lot of natural estrogen in my system and I do take a testosterone injection occassionally. But for some reason, I don't feel that the testosterone defines me as a being. That little bit of e has perhaps a disproportionate influence. Or perhaps something strayed into the placenta so many years ago, and wired that embryo to be the person I am.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Hormones: The body produces natural drugs. They are gender drugs that define us who we are, and how we think and act.
    Males = testosterone
    Female = estrogen
    What defines the natural you ?

In other words....what defines the true you?

Peace & love, all of you (...as Ringo of the Beatles always says).
    Honestly. I don't really understand the question. Bit how I interpreted is...

Testosterone baby. I am a male first and foremost. Playing girly on the weekends or when the mood strikes me does not diminish that fact.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I don't understand the question either. Why do MtF TS's take testosterone blockers and add estrogen to the mix? So, a MtF TS is still a male until she takes a "T" blocker and the other goodies? I don't think so. If you ask what is one's basic feeling about whether they are female or male, I would answer that I am more male.

Aspiring Member

we have both

males and females are born with BOTH hormones, males having (generally) more T than E but that changes in the course of life so that , for example, some males develop gynecomastia (moobs or breasts depending on whether it effects the fat and/or the breast disc) (both at the teen years and in old age)due to excess E working in the fat (where it also works in women).
    I am not certain that the answer you want simply derives from how much T or E we have, and a guy can be nice or an a-hole and have a regular amount of T in his system and a woman can be be nice or hell on wheels and have a normal volume of E in her system. There are too many things involved to simply say the E makes one more feminine in actions or thinking. This obviously doesn 't seem to apply to people who are taking hormone therapy which does effect their mood. But mood is also dependent on several other brain chemicals--not just T or E alone.
    JUST a crossdresser

The "natural" me is really some of each!
    Hugs, Carole

i think it is both that make up the natural me. Since i have had man boobs since i was young i am sure the E level is higher then normal, however my T level is also right there i am a man first who loves to dress like a woman, i guess that is really the natural me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    Testosterone baby. I am a male first and foremost. Playing girly on the weekends or when the mood strikes me does not diminish that fact.

Cheers
    Good answer, Natasha. Sums it up for moi, also.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I'm a gg... estrogen.. unfortunatly, that is why I know have cancer...

I think more from the E side, but that was true even before I drove the T down to female levels
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.