Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever tried to quit?

This is more or less a "me, too!" post, to say what everyone else said: yes I tried, no it didn't go away. I did it in high school, then tried to "quit" for twenty years. All it did was make me an asshole.

If it's not interesting you, take a break. Go where the feeling leads you. But don't think of it as "quitting."
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

Quit?
    Are you real?
    You have just said how you are enjoying life.
    I suggest you find another hobby,.......

To compliment the one you already have.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly117 View Post
    Doesn't it scare you that you might be on a slippery slope and that one day it will be just too late to be the man you once were. Sometimes I feel that way. I can't explain the feeling that I get when looking online and finding something pretty or sexy and it scares the hell out of me. I love my male self and there is so much in my life that I am grateful for. So I want to keep that part but the pink fog seems all consuming.
    Cross dressing itself does not lead to transsexualism. Why does cross dressing make anyone less of a man? Being a man (by most forms of the definition) is about your biological sex and gender identity and not your gender expression. The saying "Clothes make the man" is not applicable. There is no damage to your testicles (unless your tucking technique is dangerously wrong, LOL), decrease in your testosterone level or shrinkage of your penis caused by cross dressing. Your brain and emotions to do not permanently change after wearing a dress, heels, makeup and a wig. Nor does your skin get softer, you grow breasts or start having a period. Providing you do not undergo surgery or take hormones, there is no permanent damage to your manhood, however you want to define it, by cross dressing. Do not fall into stereotypes and media created definitions of manhood. If your gender identity is male, what you wear or liking feminine fashions is not going to change your gender identity or biological sex. If that was the case, I'm 90% woman.

Platinum Member
    Hi Shelly, I've never had the desire to quit I'm having way to much fun dressing for over 65yrs. now.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 02-13-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I quit every day, when it's time to get ready for work. Then, start back when I get home. Came home today to new shoes that I had ordered. Love 'em.

I never thought of quiting . I have put it on hold for some time. It was hard coming out to my wife but I did almost 7 years ago And I've naver had it so good.
    Angie

I seriously quit a few times. I was even successful for a couple of years twice. The thoughts never went away, the stress from trying so hard not to do something so natural to me was enormous. The dressing always came back with a vengance. Of course I am now pursuing transition so your mileage as a CD may be different.

I personally know of one girl that quit for 15 years, as she said it came back with a real vengance. That does seem to be the repeating story here.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Platinum Member
    To paraphrase Mark Twain, cross dressing is easy to quit. I've done it dozens of times!

I want to cry when I think about all the fabulous clothes I've purged, only to eventually shell out more money to build my collection again. So yes, I've also tried to quit, so I decided to quit quitting. Just too expensive and pointless.

I have quit in the past when younger, was ashamed of my self, but now that i am older and have come to relize it is who i am, i am embracing it. However i notice the urge comes on at certain times of the year more then others. Winter of course becuase i shave my whole body, andf keep my toes painted, waking up every morining and seeing how nice my toes look makes me want to continue, i do feel sad when summer comes and i have to let the hair grow back and take the polish of my toes, but i dont have the urge during that time at all, but as winter approach i start to get excited.

I have tried to quite once, purged all my stuff and came back after 3 months to the tune of about $1000 to replace everything. I still have 1 skirt and 1 dress I really really miss. If your not feeling it at the time, put your stuff away, out of sight. Then go on your way. If you ever get the need again, then go back to dressing with no regrets. Being a CD (for me its mostly a hobby, means of expression of my other side) I take great joy in it and enjoy going out in fem, meeting people, telling my story if the ask, and just having fun. I've had minor bad experiences, but mostly been well accepted, and even welcomed heartily into other non cd groups. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Yep! I did, and it failed. I purged and gave it up for 9 solid years, and it hit me back one day like a brick to the face.

I am what I am.

These days, life is good (....great, actually ) , I'm out & about, no regrets. I'm transgender, and I accept and embrace it.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 02-14-2013 at 12:42 AM.

I think most of CDs undergo similar experiences in connection with purging.
    I attempted one major purging and several other minor purgings.

The major one came when I prepared for my marriage: as many of you said, I felt guilty for my CDing for my then-future wife. But my urge to wear women's clothing returned after several years of my marriage. After then, I tried several times to quit CDing but always failed after a short period. Now I am more deeply involved in CDing after I found out other CDers through internet.

Recently I found out about tape tucking through the internet searches and tried it. As I felt much more feminine when I wore pantyhose and a body-shaper/girdle over the tucked genitals, I felt much more feminine as I look at my flat front like a genetic girl. I appear to grow more and more addicted to CDing as my body wants to feel feminine. Maybe I cannot quit CDing any more: on the contrary, my CDing appears to lead to aspire to become a TS/TG.
    Last edited by phlover; 02-14-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Sort of. I didn't really have much of a collection when I was young, but I would get rid of everything one or twice a year, usually because of someone I was interested in. And then I went through a long stretch of workaholism where I didn't really do much outside of work other than read. Now, I wish I had a collection during that time, since it might have cut the stress.

Anyway, in the end, putting it off that long just caused it to hit all the harder. If you enjoy doing it and it doesn't hurt anyone, then enjoy.

As to "your manly self," well, it certainly won't transform you. Perhaps it will allow you to break free of things that forced you to conform. Seeing that the cd taboo is ridiculous will perhaps let you see other things are ridiculous as well. And maybe you'll change because of that. But really, if that happens, you didn't actually change; society was always trying to squeeze you into a malformed corset

I have tried to quit before, but at the time I didn't have much to get rid of. Now I have alot of stuff to wear, and quitting would be a whole lot more serious. I still do think about quitting though. I love crossdressing, but it is still a bit of a secret (although not a total secret) in my life, and having it a secret seems to bring problems with it if you see what I mean.

Quitting is easy. I know. I have quit many times. The problem is staying quit. So I've resolved to quit quitting. No more quitting for me.

That s true RitaCD i agree with you