Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to feel feminine when you can't dress?

What do you do to feel feminine when you can't dress?

I know some CD'ers like to underdress, but that doesn't do much for me. I don't get the enjoyment out of CD'ing unless I'm fully dressed, wig and all, infront of a mirror. That's when I see Camille come out, and get those wonderful feelings that come with it. I'm much more abou the outside appearance in that way.

So for those that are like me, how do you enjoy or explore your feminine side when you don't have the opportunity to dress? For me, so far, I enjoy things like smelling a fragrant smell (candle, flowers, lotion), or putting on a bit of nice smelling lotion when in the shower. I also enjoy the thrill of buying something girly, whether it be some lip gloss in the drug store, or a new piece of clothing online.

How about you?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I paint my toenails. Usually they're hidden inside my socks and shoes, but, when I look down at my bare feet, I have a lovely little reminder that I'm part girl. (I just redid them earlier this week in a L'Oreal red color.)

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

For me it is a general sort of outlook. I feel it within myself, in either mode, guy/girl. The feminine side is always there, doesn't much matter what's on the outside...though I will admit it does help a bit lol.
    All things being equal, I can only say that in some moments where I need to feel it more externally, I just close my eyes, and remember the feel of silk or satin against my skin...the feel of hair falling in folds across my shoulders...and that pretty much does it for me. At work...Out and about in guy mode...it's there.

Banned Read only
    Nothing at all. There's no substitute!

I wear panties as much as possible. My job allows me very little privacy,including sharing a hotel room,so I can't always. Sometimes I go in the bathroom and shave my legs. Feeling the smooth skin feels very feminine.

Simple things, like underwear, but as you said it's not underdressing.

I've been letting my nails grow, so learning to shape them a bit. Window shopping, either online (nice big wish list) or when passing stores. Being near valentines I've been nowhere near as self conscious popping in and looking at the lingerie for dual purposes. Other than that, I can trim eyebrows, shave hair too.

Oh and looking for shoes

xXx
    Rachael

I always practiced deportment when out shopping.
    Keep your back straight and feet together when in the ladies section.
    A bit like Sheldon sometimes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Sometimes its just piece of mind. My opportunities for free time to dress are very few and far between. Feeling girly sometimes is just being ok with who you are. And well my warm leggings in winter helps

I don't really have to do anything to feel feminine. I always feel that way. I always have. I would prefer that the clothes I wear on the outside reflect the real me but when I must look like a man I know it is just the looks.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I get a feeling of fullness and who I am in my chest and my maternal feelings come up. These days I tend to look at things from a more feminine and family oriented perspective. Granted it could have to do with hormones but I digress... It's great caring for my Grand children in any case.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    As several others have already suggested, I try to keep the woman inside as near the surface as possible. When I make decisions, when I interact with others, the way I conduct myself generally.

Rock out to some great music that no one knows you're listening to, read up on new fashion and style, read some good books, etc... these sort of things I do all the time!

I go LONG periods between dressing. (Not by choice mind you, just opportunity) Like you, I do a little shopping. Lot's of internet window shopping.

In stolen moments I work on my walk, crossing my legs. Oddly, I've noticed how many men cross their legs like women.

Basicallybe crossdressed in my mind!
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Panties, painted toenails, and perfume.

Definitely paint your toe nails! Just seeing them makes you feel good again. In between times if I'm acting or feeling too masculine, my wife will hand me panties, bra and sometimes panty hose and tell me to put the on under my clothes. The transition is pretty immediate for me. Lately, just being able to read the topics on this site has given me the transition to femme I need. Love Ariel!

I also keep my toenails painted. At home in the evenings, barefoot, they look great. Occasionally I remember during the day and laugh to myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I work on my Ambrosia voice, work on my walk. My feminine side is always right there for me to embrace when I need to.
    We do not need discipline to be kind, just an open heart.

besides wearing panties all the time, my jeans, socks, and shoes are all women's wear. No one seems to notice and I enjoy the fact that I'm wearing more women's than men's clothing. It doen't hurt to swing the hips a little - when no one's watching :-)

I try to be dressed enfemme as close to 24/7 as possible. If I'm notr totally enfemme I still have my female eyewear. Btw I don't wear panties when I'm not dressed enfemme on the outside, usually.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I keep my toes painted 24 by 7 so when i wake up every morining i am reminded of my fem side, i also keep my body shaved, i underdress, and love to buy stuff at the store, when i go to target for a houshold thing i always pick up some lipstick or make up once in a while a new bra or panties. but i to love the feeling when i get totatly dressed the make up the wig the cloths that is when i truely feel fem.

My legs, chest, armpits, and face are almost always shaved. I've also been using a great shampoo and conditioner from Herbal Essences that makes my hair soft and hydrated. It has an amazing coconut smell, too.

I don't really do these things to make myself feel feminine, but because I feel feminine.
    Peace and love, - Christy

I only wear womens panties. Even if I didn't CD they are way more comfortable. Paint my toenails. Shop for clothes and shoes to wear when I can. I also wear womens jeans and socks like Ashley. They are also more comfortable than mens. When you get some peace and quiet close your eyes and get in touch with your iner woman. No one knows what your thinking about.

Always a painted toenails, that i do at the pedi salon, all shaved, and 24/7 panties, ankle lace and early morning jogging outside with girl short and top danskin activewear
    Luciana

Just personal grooming that complements either mode of operation. But, generally, its just trying to feel good about myself and nobody knows my thoughts.... sometimes I'll throw out a typically female perspective/comment and see if anyone blinks, but I think a lot can be done mentally...you can practice walking, talking singing when no one is around, or actually just letting go of the rigid male template on how you should talk, walk act...just being yourself works.
    Last edited by Chickhe; 02-15-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    Chickie

Jewelry and purse (regardless of any other clothing - most of my pants and tops come from the ladies side of the store)