Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Curious...How Tall are you?

6' in stocking feet, and love heels!
    Usually like to wear 3" - 4" heels.
    Like that looong look with low-rise skinny jeans.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Slowly working it out...
    5' 10" and 165lbs. A little tall and shoulders a bit too wide. I'm still working on figuring out how to walk gracefully in heels more than a couple of inches tall. I tend to walk on my toes and that just doesn't look right. For the life of me I can't figure out how women don't kill themselves trying to walk up and down stairs. Those things are dangerous in heels!

5'10" here. around 180. i really need to femme up my figure. i love my 4" heels and the way they make my rear and legs look.
    although a bit too tall to pass, its just fun being the girl

I'm 5'11, I was in Stop&Shop Sunday. There was a women that had too be 6'1" without heels. With the 4" heels she towered over me. But she look absolutely fabulous. It was a women because she had her two kids with her.

I'm 5'11" and like 2" heels.

I was recently measured at the physician's office, 5 feet and 11.5 inches and 151 pounds.

I like to wear heels for the femme feeling, but they make me feel self-conscious. Higher heels, 4" up, tend to force me to walk with my shoulders back and my head held high, which is good, but accentuates the height. Does anyone else notice that?

As a segue' to the main topic, I was advised by the physician that "at your age you should have a bit more weight so in case you get sick you have some reserve flesh to spare, because it's hard to put it back on at your age." "At your age" twice in the same sentence, and, she wasn't even smiling when she said it.

6'2" and I go out often. I like low (<1.5") wedges because they give the look of wearing heels (some justification for my height) without making me a hazard to door frames. I'm actually rather pleased that I don't have to wear sky-high heels as I can walk more securely. Nothing ruins one's presentation more quickly than a tumble from one's heels.

From the point of view of most muggles all 5'10"+ women are "tall." A lot of taller women like to rock the heels (a 4" heel is less foot-contorting if you are a size 10 shoe than if you are a size 6) so there are more women breaking the 6" mark than one might think. Seeing an unusually tall woman just isn't that odd in today's society.

The only exception is encountering other tall women. When meeting them both sets of eyes immediately drop to the feet to see what sort of "enhancement" the other might be using. The eyes meet again and usually there is a smile of acknowledgement of being a member of the Tall Girls Society.

All bets are off, of course, when a group of 6'+ CDers appear in heels. I belong to a group that is mostly tall girls and it's great fun to go to their dinners. There is no pressure of being made (we are!) and we're just a part of the evening's experience for the other restaurant patrons. I think of this as a good thing as it shows us in a favorable light to the public.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

5'10

Great in girl mode, just the right height.

I wish I was taller in male mode
    Its only when you put on that dress or that skirt that you feel like a real women

I'm 5'7" and 145. I loved my 3" spike but now have to settle for 1" since breaking some body parts, but its fine i can walk and shop longer.

I'm 5 7 tall. Love it when I'm Ellie, hate when I am drab, would like to be 6' in drab.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

I'm 5' 8" without heels. I love how long my legs look when I walk in heels.

I stand 5'11" in my sock feet, I have not tried to get back into a set of heels yet. I do like flats but they don't go good with some outfits. When I was younger a 3" heel was my favorite. Don't think I can do a stilletto heel any more till I get the ankle's built up a little more.

Michelle K

I'm 5' 6" which allows me to wear some very high heels which i love to wear. I have read that most women average between 5' 6" - 5' 8" as an average height.

6'3" in stockings, taller in heels.

Banned Read only
    5"7", size 10 woman's shoe. I'm lucky

I'm 6ft in flats and taller in heels (I just love heels) I have 1 1/2 to 4 inch heels and I'm 51 so age is not a problem for me.

lol Claire

5'9'' in flats
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

I am 6'-1.5" tall in my socks. It does make me feel a bit conspicuous, especially since I love to wear heels. Therefore I have intentionally limited my shoe purchases to a maximum 3" heels, although I'm not sure that helps much since I'm starting out so tall. However, it doesn't seem to have become much of a problem being accepted because of my height. I do sometimes feel a little self conscious when standing close to other women and shorter men when they have to look up to see me. Last Christmas while shopping I was in a store were the owner was decorating the front display area with a Christmas tree. As I was leaving she said said she wished I worked for her then she wouldn't have to get out the step ladder to finish her tree. We both laughed at the remark, I picked up an ornament, placed it high on the tree, and told her Merry Christmas as I left her store. It as all very fun.

5' 6" when barefoot. It says 5' 10" on my drivers license but they didn't actually measure me.

I am 5'7"s ordinarily though if in heels I could be anywhere between 5'9.5"s and 6' in height.

6'3" in my bare feet, size 15 womens shoes.... i hate it sometimes. lol
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted

I'm lucky to be petite - 5'6 size 9 juniors!

5'9" 130lbs.

Julie

5' 10" in stocking feet.

All that data...
    The average height from this thread so far is 5' 10"
    The average height US/Europe is 5'10"

Anyone surprised?
    Last edited by iGenny; 03-27-2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Give the average.

6'3" barefoot, 6'3.001" in stockings and 6'6" in my favorite heels. I'd wear higher if I could find them in my size.