Thread: Ahh memories. What a difference!

Just call me Amanda GirlieAmanda's Avatar

Ahh memories. What a difference!

I have been away from this site for a long time. Oh, I checked back from time to time but now I am getting nostalgic. I first posted on July 12, 2010. I just went back and read that post. I was unsure what would happen then. I was a CD but knew somehow I was more. I could see it in my words. Its been 2 and a half years since. A LOT has happened. It's amazing to read those words now. I wanted to repost my words here in this specific section for a reason. I was experiencing a lot of feelings during these times. 2010 was a HUGE year for me. 2011 and 2012 were no slouch either. This is the moment I realized I needed more, or at least I was reaching out to people like myself. I have no idea how I found this site. But on July 12, 2010 I wrote:

Hi There Girls!!
    Hi all you gorgeous girls out there. This is it. I finally am showing myself to people. I have been doing this for 25 years since I was 13 and I got curious about my Mom's bras and those magical pantyhose. I seem to be going through an awakening of Amanda lately. My wife doesn't approve but we had recent conversations that are making me hopeful. She seems to be OK with it but it has definitely changed our marriage since 2001 when she found out a little bit after 9/11. I used to be heavy into CDing as we were dating and built an awesome "Girl Empire" of everything. Then I got married, threw everything out (cry,cry) and thought she would "save me". Well Amanda never went away. I love her. She is inside me constantly. I guess she is the perfect woman that I really can only emulate. It feels so magical to emulate girls. It makes me vibrate with pleasure and pure fun from the top of my head to my cutely painted toes. It just feels like no other feeling to be a girl. I have dreamed of what it would be like to be a real girl for 25 years. When I see a hot girl I always ask my self do I want to BE her more or be intimate with her more. Usually "be her" wins. I still don't know what this makes me label wise but I just know it feels like the best feeling in the world when I am simply...Amanda. PS. I wish I had a better wig but I made due with this one and some borrowed clothes. I need to build another Girl Empire.

Oh Amanda never went away alright. My wife was NOT OK with it after all. I embraced being myself. I AM Amanda. She is not another person in me as I thought. I am Amanda. I do not emulate women now, I live it. Through this site I met people who led me to other people like my partner. I met her in Washington DC in July 2011 at a CD/TG event. She was TS. A light came on in me and I saw how I could live. How I COULD do this. I knew inside it was right. Intense therapy, the beginning of HRT, electrolysis, name change, full time, first girl job, two states, thousands of driven and flown miles and many, many friends later, here I am. I would like to tell the people just starting out that it is possible to live your dream. I didn't have many obstacles like marraige (divorce in April 2011) Kids, or even a job.(Laid off May 2011) The road was still difficult. There is always family and job issues. But, If you feel those feelings that you may be more than a guy who feels compelled to wear women's clothing for fun, this site can be a great start to a better and larger world. I am still astounded by where I am now.
    The phoenix has risen the old life is gone
    A new life to live has finally begun
    There is fun to be had and work to be done
    My beauty is radiant my freedom is won

Thank you for sharing your amazing story. HUGZ !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

That is a nice positive statement Amanda,
    despite your turmoils in life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations Amanda! Your chronology of your journey is heartfelt and inspiring. We are wonder where are feminine side will lead us once we allowed our alter egos to emerge. Dressing for fun to self- doubt to confusion through turmoil to self awareness to self-actualization. The freedom you must now feel.

Cassie

Amanda, you are a testament, I know what you mean, although very new here, the help and conversations have taken me t o the next level. I only hope to someday emulate girls like you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Allesha

I always try to pay it forward as they say. I hear a lot of this in the TS/TG world. I love to do it. I have not read that original intro post in a long time. It was kind of emotional. A lot of sadness but joy as well.

It's ladies like you Amanda that make this site a success, and oh by the way you look beautiful!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Allesha

Thank you for the story Amanda. I'm so happy for you! You're a brave person, and you should be proud of all you've accomplished!

Thank you for sharing that with us. It's interesting the roads we travel to find ourselves.

Platinum Member
    Hi Amanda, I remember those early days and the challenges you've overcome along the way. Like you, many of us are on a path of discovery. Its wonderful to see how much you have grown.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Nice to see you back here, Amanda, and that you are doing well! I always enjoyed your updates and pics.

Pronouced as MA-EE-KOU Maiko Newhalf's Avatar
    Wow Amanda! It has been a while. I've been following your posts since I just started on this forum. Your stories about trips to SCC, DC, vacation to the beach were such inspirations to me. I wish you the best for your post-transition life. Stop by from time to time and keep us updated. Cheers, Mayiko
    Just a TG girl. Add me on facebook: Mayiko Newhalf.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Amanda what a great story and how we find ourselves.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Quote Originally Posted by Maiko Newhalf View Post
    Wow Amanda! It has been a while. I've been following your posts since I just started on this forum. Your stories about trips to SCC, DC, vacation to the beach were such inspirations to me. I wish you the best for your post-transition life. Stop by from time to time and keep us updated. Cheers, Mayiko
    Darn! Where is the like button? LOL I will be around now. Got lots of adventures ahead.

Platinum Member
    Hi Amanda, Welcome back , Finding your true self is half of the battle.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Amanda, I would surely like to seek your advise with my transition. I am just starting working with my wife on Allesha. Can I tap into your vast experience?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Allesha

Fire away! That is what I am here for. Paying it forward.

Amanda

I'm glad to see that you're back.

Everyone here can make a difference

When i first met Amanda on line here, she was all girl and had all the pieces going in. She also did the hard work over the last year and a half.

I'm so glad for you, but I'd like to give myself a pat on the back for being the inspiration, the spark, so to speak that got you to the CD/TG event in Washington DC in July 2011.

I hope you can make it to Keystone this year so I can see for myself all that you've become.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Amanda, I guess the hardest part for each one of us is the realization of who we are and where we want to go. Kudos to you for your acceptance of yourself and your eye on your destination.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

congrats Amanda...

my story has a lot of similarities and i grew up on this site....i learned alot about crossdressing, and over time realized that was not what i was doing ...and i had online discussions with ts people and that was the first time i had ever "met" one....

i recall some of the mods and posters from years ago and i was so jealous of them..i think in the end , being here made my life better ...and that's a big deal..i'm happy for you that you feel the same way