Thread: cd hvac

cd hvac

So I had to replace the furnace this weekend. Unfortunately, with multiple forays to the home stores and such, i was not aboe to remain crossdressed the whole time. But i was for the majority!

Okay- not girly sissy things- but jeans, female cut shirts, support garments, breast forms (more than 50% of the time)...

No pix, i would like to post- but my last ditch temporary sheet metal work just to get the unit up and running looks too much like something associated with my Polish heritage... but it works, temps are quite mild, and the install is code compliant all the way through.

Not bad for only 72 hours notice and the first furnace job i've ever done. (oh yeah, and i have to brag- i had a few connections- 1500 all tolled, incl tax, fora 115kbtu 2 stage unit) don't EVER underestimate that crossdresser...

WWJD? not sure, ask him. WWCD (a crossdresser do) ? Put on a bra with silicone forms, and go about self educating herself on how to properly replace her residential gas furnace.

semper fi, kittens!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Seems we all have projects of some sort. I am amidst a few month kitchen remodel. Go girl power. How can we be so girly yet tackle all the project that stereotypically would be done by the guy of the house?

A girl gotta' do what a girl gotta' do! It's great to be able to tackle such jobs weather you be boy or girl! Keep up the good work!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Living out in the country there is always things that needs tending to other then the house work.

More power to ya Kristi!

As for moi, I was mixing concrete in the front garden of a friend's house last Friday, helping refurbish one of his fireplaces. I was wearing dungarees, t-shirt and wellies, with my hair clipped up. Two women called by next door to clean, and after we exchanged pleasantries, one of them said 'you should get a man to do that'. It was kinda flattering, but tinged with a bit of disappointment that she had such a blinkered attitude to which gender does what.

I remember some of the females at art college years ago, several of whom used to get involved with welding, fiberglass modelling and other heavy duty construction activities. A close woman friend just fixed her roof, and another is a professional plumber. Both are elegant and scrub up nicely.

I thought this post was going to be a hvac guy bending over with a whale tail :-)

Platinum Member
    Hi Kristi, I always say, Just put on your big girl pantys on and get on with it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I did have to wait till someone posted the acronyms so as I could decode it.
    I like it Kristi, good for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Gas furnace? was there ductwork in there already?

very impressive

Gold Member
    Great job; I bet you would have wanted a Pittsburgh Machine, LOL
    Any one here into HVAC would know what I am talking about.
    Putting in a Furnace is a challenge, but some thing that is not a
    rocket science achievement. I did mine about 10 years ago, on a
    Saturday afternoon. The only thing I was fortunate to have is a
    Pipe cutting and threading machine. It was much easier to cut the gas
    pipe to size than go out and have it done at the Hardware store.
    Rader

I replaced my heating system 20 years ago. I went from steam heat, with a huge steam boiler to a forced air system. Took me two weeks. I hope to never do that again.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I have replaced many of them but never dressed I never wanted to be the one with the whale tale and yes I would have wanted a break over a Pittsburg