Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitting like a girl

Sitting like a girl

Went to a NCAA College Basketball game last week with my two sons.
    We had general admission seats. We got there twenty minutes before
    tipoff and some young man from the University asked if we wanted to
    sit courtside. One minute we're in the nosebleeds and the next we're sitting
    there right on the floor. Experience was great. You don't realize how physical the game is until you're right there with the action.

Our team upsetted their opponent in a trilling game. On the University's web site they posted photos from the game. On one of the photos you can see me sitting there. You can't see my face because a player's hand is blocking it but you can see my hat and the rest of me. I'm sitting like a girl, legs closed together, hands in my lap. All the other men are all sprawled out, legs spread wide apart.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Because you a proper lady right?

Platinum Member
    It's interesting to notice things like that. One thing I was often teased about was the way I walked...although my wife thinks I have acute wiggle!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I kind of chuckled when I read this. Im sitting in my recliner with my legs crossed as if I was a proper lady even though I am in drab.

That's funny! My wife said I sit like a girl, even before she knew, and my eldest daughter sits like a guy :-(
    Last edited by Jenni Yumiko; 02-18-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: DYAC

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I sit like a girl all the time with my legs crossed. It bothers me when guys sit with their legs spread so far apart. Not bothers in a good way. Some guys cross their legs too. You can only do so much back and forth. You just have to be you. Whatever that means.

I have sat with my legs crossed my entire life. It hurts my back to sit otherwise.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I know my wife does not like it, but I cross my legs all the time, and when unable, i do cross my feet and keep knees together.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I notice you say your legs are closed together as opposed to having your legs crossed. Having your legs crossed cuts off circulation, and is not recommended.

Legs closed together with hands on your lap is both ladylike and recommended.

I know you and your two sons enjoyed the game, and I'm sure they were not aware of their dad's little female postures. All they need is love, and I'm sure you give them plenty. The rest are non issues, and nobody else's business. Bravo.

Patty.

I was teased from a very young age because I sat and walked like a girl. For a while it bothered me, and I tried to put on a more John Wayne presentation, but it felt foriegn to me. It just further leads me to believe this all may be genetic.-Celeste

You are obviously learning a few traits from somewhere.
    I have always done that and got picked or it when I was young.
    I would sit on a bench with a lot of girls and they would say "If you want to sit with us hold your legs together so we have more room."
    You can sit six girls on a bench but only 4 to five guys.
    The survey. Ask a group of people of each gender to sit on a bench comfortably and get their photo taken.
    The other option, observe girls and boys waiting for the school bus.
    You always accommodate more girls on the one seat than boys.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I cannot cross my legs, I have thunder thighs and they are too big.

They are always together though. LOL

Does that count?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I just looked at my photos in this post. No, I guess I can't cross my legs! Ha ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyv View Post
    I notice you say your legs are closed together as opposed to having your legs crossed. Having your legs crossed cuts off circulation, and is not recommended.

Legs closed together with hands on your lap is both ladylike and recommended.------------------------
    Patty.
    So tru! And, I find this much more difficult to do than crossing my legs, Patty! It's like my knees have different polarity. They naturally repel each other. Unless I hook one over the other. And that puts them to sleep. Sigh!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

First of all, I read the thread title waaaay differently...

Actually, I can't for the most part for the same reason I can't tuck.
    The nut twins from the nut lagoon are very sensitive and randomly painful so I leave them be and give them their space.

LOL, I didn't know that crossing legs or feet is girly because I always cross my feet when I'm on my chair.
    I cross my legs when I sit on a sofa.
    Especially when I cross my legs after tucking my genitals by using kinesiologic tape and wearing pantyhose, I feel quite feminine.
    Ya, I hate the men who sit their legs wide apart in a bus or subway.
    I was somewhat embarrassed and pleased to know that my crossing legs or feet proved to be one of my girly attributes.
    Last edited by phlover; 02-19-2013 at 02:06 AM.

In all honesty, I have a tough time sitting like a girl. The wedding tackle just gets in the way. I try from time to time, but it is never comfortable with the testicalmapads.
    Di

I sit like that all the time ... I can't sit like guys do with my ankle on my knee because of bad knees and it's the truth. So that's what I tell someone if they say something.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I find it hard to sit like a girl for long periods unless I'm tucked.It can be very uncomfortable.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I guy mode, I have to think about crossing my legs, but as Michelle (tucked of course) it just feels natural and happens automatically.

Always sit like a girl. Just comes natural to me.

I can never figure out how women wearing short skirts and dresses manage to sit without showing their knickers.

Does it just come natural for a woman to keep everything out of show or like us do they constantly have to think about it?

I love it the way women can cross their legs and then wrap the crossed over leg around the other leg again. I would love to be able to do that.

Maria

I tend to croos my legs when I sit, especially when tucked. If people start staring, I may move my ankle to my knee. At home though, it's always crossed.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by April0401
    All the other men are all sprawled out, legs spread wide apart.
    Ok, why do men sit like that? Is it because they are trying to assert control over any other male in the vicinity, and this splayed-leg posture, ancient in origin, lets the other males know who (or, in this case, how much) they are dealing with? Are males programmed to keep their legs apart, so as to be ready to spring into action at a moment’s notice? Are their legs as far apart as possible to feel the boundaries of whatever they’re sitting on, or touch the legs of other males as some form of casual bonding exercise? Every time I see a male sitting, his legs resembling an open compass, I cannot help but wonder why this abomination persists. I mean, we’ve left the cave, right?

Of course, men CAN sit with their legs wide open, due to the clothing they wear, and women, due to the historically restrictive clothing they once were obliged to wear, CAN (and will) sit the way that they sit. Naturally, these days some women sit like men, and men who have a bit of woman in them do tend to sit contrary to their gender. I always cross my legs at the knee, sending a clear signal to any male in the vicinity that I am not a caveman. I risk getting a beating, but I will take one for the imaginary “team” that eschews automatic body language. Being male, I know full well what wide open legs mean, or invite, and it’s not pretty. I pay close attention to how I’m sitting, just in case I can feel my legs migrating in opposite directions. Come together, tremble, and feel the warmth, I say...

Sitting like a woman is not a problem for me, from the ankle cossed position to the leg over the knee position. I usually like to sit with my knees together. I also have the habit of smoothing my skirt as I sit down. Rarely, unless I am in a seductive mood do I show any of my inside thighs. Of course, not to say there are times when wearing a short skirt, my stocking tops may peek out. Sitting like a woman was one of the things my past wife taught me. Veronnie

Banned Read only
    Guilty, too! Even as I am pounding on this keyboard, en femme, I'm sitting with my legs crossed at the knees. When taking a break and watching the Today Show, my hands are folded on top of my crossed knees. After a while it comes natural.