Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Shave My Legs?

Should I Shave My Legs?

As I have mentioned in the past I’m a closet crossdresser and the other half has no idea or has just not confronted me yet... I’ll be traveling for the next 30 days before returning home and am very tempted to shave my legs and nether regions for the first time. Will 30 days be enough to try it out and allow everything to grow back or should I just settle for a pedicure and paint my toes?

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Go for it! If you shave you will have sufficient growth by the time you return so that no one will say a word. Get that pedicure too.

if you are expecting someone to talk you out of it, you came to the wrong place.

In 30 days your hair will grow back enough that she will never notice. Go for it so long as it's not going to compromise your professional life. I would love to shave my legs at least once but in my job it would never EVER fly.

I say go for it. The month should be enough time to let the hair grow back. As Gina said this all depends on your job and whether or not this will affect it.

Do it. But be prepared to get addicted! The feeling is wonderful and worth the trouble. The ingrown hairs can be troublesome but there are ways to fight that.
    Peace and love, - Christy

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyChristy View Post
    Do it. But be prepared to get addicted! The feeling is wonderful and worth the trouble. The ingrown hairs can be troublesome but there are ways to fight that.
    Duly seconded! :]
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

I agree with the others who have posted here, 30 days should be plenty of time for it to grow back..

BUT!

Be careful, it's an addicting feeling! After keeping mine shaved I can't stand to have hair anymore, feels so awesome! Be sure to exfoliate and use lotion afterward to help keep ingrown hairs (red bumps) down especially if this is your first time! There are tons of options for exfoliating, I bought what's like an exfoliating bath sheet at Target for less than $5 at the suggestion of the lady who does my waxing and it does the trick wonderfully.

Good Luck!

Go for it. There is something incredible about slipping on a pair of hose, or even sliding into clean sheets in bed that is indescribable. Wonderful doesn't even come close. Go for the pedi as well. I walked out of the nail salon with "Million Dollar Red" polish on my toes, and just grinned like a fool every time I looked at them. Like every one else said, "Just be prepared to get addicted."

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyChristy View Post
    I agree to Groovy on the issue of addiction. I had hesitated when I first removed my leg hair using electrolytic epilator. But once my legs become smooth, I couldn't stop epilating my legs. Perhaps you should expect yourself being addicted to smooth legs for pantyhose once you experience the feeling. It is unforgettable.

My wife once found out my clean legs on the bed just after we got up in the morning. But she said nothing about it. Perhaps she might have known my crossdressing but intentionally shuns the mentioning of the issue. Once she caught me just as I tried to take off my pantyhose in a closet after I came home after a day's work and asked if I wear it because of the cold (fortunately, it was winter).
    I said yes, and she told me about it no more.
    I will talk about it in more detail later in another thread.

well i need to know too how to shave the legs and paint my toes and nails

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Your SO would probably notice the nether region rather quickly so maybe not shave that.
    You will be miserable 2 days later when the stubble comes back and that feeling will last for a week or so.

Altaira, I won't speak for other members, and I don't know how hairy you are, but I don't think 30 days is enough for it to look the same way it does now, before shaving. You may be able to get away with it, but as many have said, it is truly an amazing and addicting feeling. Since shaving them for the first time in my life in mid-Dec, when I came out to my wife, I have shaved or used depilatory nearly every day. I just can't stand the feeling of stubble now, and my wife loves the way they feel under the sheets. And of course I wouldn't dream of pantyhose or thigh highs one hairy legs now. My dilemma is when I (or if) I let the hair grow back for summer. I think I have to, since I take the kids to the pool, work outside in the garden in shorts, etc. Alas, I will try to be content with dreaming of cold weather when I can be smooth again. Good luck!

Go for it! In 30 days you will most likely return to normal or nearly so. If there are any questions, just say as I said when I got caught out - I was just trying to trim myself so that the next time we made love, it would be better for you. (it worked and now I am totally shaved except for a 'landing strip', which my wife asked me to make it a bit wider). Guess she is expecting an A380 , rather than a prop jet
    Di

Thirty days may or may not be long enough to look as your SO last remembers you. The more important thing I would consider, is that if she does notice and asks you about it, are you prepared to tell her the truth. If not, I would not put myself in that position. Deception is obviously not a good path to follow, not that you would. But the choice should be weighed carefully. And yes like others have shared, you'll never want to go back to hair, and hate it even more I you have to regrow it.

Once you open Pandora's box....

Cheers,

Kalista
    Last edited by Kalista Jameson; 02-19-2013 at 04:10 AM.

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

I shaved all of my body hair for the first time 10 days ago
    1. My wife had to help with this as it was not easy
    2. I had to use hair clippers first as the razor just would not cut it (excuse the pun)
    3. I felt a little itchy after and I still am
    4. I had a bit of razor rash afterwards
    5. My body looked a little odd at first (the word bald chicken came to mind)
    6. I felt very sensual afterwards especially slipping in to stockings
    I am growing my hair back now as I live in shorts in the summer but the desire to keep shaving has not dwindled and I am very tempted to keep shaving. I will just have to keep the discipline and after 10 of not shaving the hair is well on the way back I hope this helps Andrea x

I would add my 2p worth and say yes! As someone who is quite (read very) hairy, it has it's benefits:

1. You'll feel great. The difference between hairy/not hairy is fantastic and the first night in bed is just sublime!
    2. You'll feel cooler. This is important if you're travelling somewhere colder, so it's worth noting. This is great if you're doing something active in the summer. Plus your legs will look great and tan better!
    3. It's addictive! Don't say I or any other girl here didn't warn you!
    4. Baths will feel different, you'll not stop stroking your legs, you'll want to try hold-up stockings, skirts will feel different, you'll obsess over every little hair, you won't stop looking in the mirror, etc, etc... It's a very slippery slope!
    5. You'll look younger. Although slightly unrelated, I started shaving back on my hands (yes, I'm THAT hairy) and I swear they look ten years younger.

Word of advice - DON'T shave your nethers. If you are quite hairy then it will itch like crazy and you'll look like a sexual wierdo because you will not help but scratch. I did it years ago (back when I lived with my parents) and would have to scratch almost every five minutes because it drove me nuts for a week! Odd looks from my parents - I bet they thought something was up Now I just trim it down to a No. 2 on the clippers, and the SO hasn't really noticed.

(it worked and now I am totally shaved except for a 'landing strip', which my wife asked me to make it a bit wider). Guess she is expecting an A380 , rather than a prop jet
    - this nearly made me spill my coffee over the laptop!

xXx
    Rachael

Thirty days should be enough to see reasonable growth again.
    Me I do not have hair on my legs. Lucky me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalista Jameson View Post
    Thirty days may or may not be long enough to look as your SO last remembers you. The more important thing I would consider, is that if she does notice and asks you about it, are you prepared to tell her the truth. If not, I would not put myself in that position. Deception is obviously not a good path to follow, not that you would. But the choice should be weighed carefully. And yes like others have shared, you'll never want to go back to hair, and hate it even more I you have to regrow it.

Once you open Pandora's box....

Cheers,

Kalista
    Fully agree with this! Women notice everything and if she goes south she will definitely notice, and being away for a month can raise a lot of suspicions!

I'll be encouraging as well ^.^

can't help but smile when i saw darla's reply "if you are expecting someone to talk you out of it, you came to the wrong place."

Anyway, I have yet to do it, but I'm intending to... just looking for a "good" method, hopefully one that last longer and slightly less "return" issues like stubble. Thinking of waxing... any recommendations or advice?

YES! It is an amazing feeling when smooth and clean. I revel in the feeling of pulling on a pair of stockings and hooking them into a nice 6 strap garter belt!

That is something that has to be entirely your choice. Only you know the potential pros and cons in your own situation.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    It's entirely up to you, but in my experience it takes my relatively light leg hair about six weeks to grow back completely. YMMV.

Thirty days may or may not be long enough for your leg hair to grow back, but remember, you'll only be shaved and smooth for a day or two, then the hair will start to come back. You'll have to let it grow back so it will look "normal" when you get home to your wife.

So the question is- Is it worth the trouble for a day or two of pleasure?

My answer would be "No".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    as i originally said, if you were expecting someone to talk you out of this you came to the wrong place!

Platinum Member

Go For It And Don't Look Back

Go for it and and don't let it grow back you will love it.

then get an Eppilator and keep it off
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!