Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Breasts Overrated?

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit

Are Breasts Overrated?

I ask this question tongue-in-cheek as i was perusing an issue of a European fashion magazine. What has become of the models? There are literally no breasts to speak of.

I guess this trend goes along with all those male androgynous models like Andrej Pejic who are getting rich model women's clothes. (good gig if you can get it)

I dunno if I am so thrilled so not getting rid of the forms yet.

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

OMG NO! If I had a pair I'd never leave the house again because I'd be playing with them all the time!

Banned Read only
    Sorry, flat is just...

well, flat...

It's like any profession where they're looking to get a super low body fat percentage. Many female bodybuilders and athletes have the same issue, no body fat, no breasts or hips or butts.

All those models could be Popeye's goilfriend Olive Oyl. Every one of them are anorexic upholstered skeletons. I love large breasted women with some meat on their bones and they are the ones I love to emulate.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Darla, if you're 5' 11" and weigh 115, u don't need breasts or a butt. They would probably look odd on u.

However, most of us here aren't built like that. Personally, while I'm straight up and down like the Twiggy models, I'm 5" 9" and 150 lbs. If I don't want to stand out as a obvious man in a dress, I need figure help. Girdles, corsets, butt/thi pads and forms HELP A LOT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Of Course They're Real! Buxom Fella's Avatar
    My own opinions should be SLIGHTLY obvious... :">

Banned Read only
    I am not a skinny little toothpick model. I love my breast and totally believe in the old saying, if you got it, flaunt it.

If I were that thin then I probably wouldn't have breasts either. I can't see a model like that with DD's...it would be ludicrous.
    I'll take my C's and be very happy.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

The new idea is probably liposuction of the breast tissue.

If breasts were over rated why does it devastate women who have to have mastectomies after breast cancer.
    Their choice is easy...Lose a breast or lose their lives.
    I love what I have and what I can create.
    I also think of those who have had to lose them.

Breasts are definitely not over rated.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Milla jovovich is the only woman excused for having no boobies IMO!

I sure hope the ta- ta's are hanging around for eons to come! I happen to be a true admirer of a beautiful set of twins! LOL

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Sorry. I do have a preference for small framed small breasted women.

Clothes models are nothing more than walking clothes hangers. The designers don't want anything taking away from there designs. I read a story about when Sports Illistrated did the first swimsuit modeling. They went out and hired some of these clothes modles and it just didn't look right. The models were told to go put some weight on and fill out. They needed to look more like women instead of walking skelitons. Some of the European contries are now trying to ensure these girls are healthy and are more than clothes hangers.

It is one of the things that truely baffles me. I can't figure out why all models are so flat. I think that at least small breasts make the clothing look better and probably more sale-able.
    Stephanie

Banned Read only
    Hugh Hefner got that one right. Ever see a Playboy Centerfold that's flat chested???? Of course not, that's one of the things that make women beautiful and sexy. What CDer wouldn't want to be a Centerfold, real D's and everything else. If I ever transitioned that would be the first thing (or things (2) I bought. They are the most eye-catching part a woman's body has to offer and they taste good too.

Hmm, it sounds like some people around here don't care for "boyish" female bodies. Imagine that.

Any given person's "hormonal" reaction to seeing breasts is not affected by Fashion. Our brains have identified the perfect size breasts and we know them when we see them. I prefer something around a B cup, myself. They get my primal attention every time, and there's nothing I can do about it. Unfortunately C matches my body better.

-- MS
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 02-19-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Platinum Member
    I don't see myself as a super thin fashion model. These women have many beautiful attributes. while the absence of discernible breasts doesn't diminish that,it's not a look I want to emulate.

Platinum Member
    Hi Darla, They can have my Ds' when they pull them of my cold dead body.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Don't want them small, don't want them big. Just want a pair that look the normal size that I would have been lucky to get if I had been female.

Maria

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    As I mentioned at the start of this thread the comment was made tongue-in-cheek, and I by no means wish to disparage any GG's slight of frame and breast size. I just think this is the fashion industry doing women an extreme disservice in terms of perpetuating an ideal of what is beauty.

I found some points at an article I found and am quoting. Most runway models meet the body mass index criteria for anorexia. Twenty years ago, the average fashion model weighed 8 percent less than the average woman. Today, she weighs 23 percent less, it said. Half of women wear a size 14 or larger, but most standard clothing outlets cater to sizes 14 or smaller, it said.

Model Beverly Johnson told ABC News she was between a size 4 and 6 at the height of her career two decades ago. She wasn’t surprised to learn that meant she could almost be considered plus-size today. “I think the whole obsession of being thin — I see more women and sometimes men that are super, super thin than in any time in history,” she said.
    “My daughter is a plus-size model,” she added, “and she’s one of my heroes because she’s one of the warriors that are going out and saying, ‘Listen, we need to embrace our bodies and love our bodies as they are.’”

My whole point is this all leads to an unhealthy idea of what one's body type should be. and from an unscientific personal survey of magazine photos it is the high fashion type magazines (eg Vogue) that seem to perpetuate this idea more than magazines more for the common woman (eg Allure).
    Attached Images Attached Images

defiantly not over rated! breasts are pretty important they dont have to be massive but some definition is good
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Breasts make the image complete for me.
    I have tried dresses on that I thought i would like, and with out the upper shape they are nothing.
    As for the flat chested models.. well they look beautiful, but they have LOTS of very feminine features going for them, that most of us dont. :-)
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Are breasts over-rated? I dunno....I still like 'em.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-19-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: removed a rather disparaging remark about models

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

waaay back when I began taking hormones I was a 28 inch stick. As I began to grow breasts, they were my "defining moment" in becoming more lady-like. All the bras with padding and the like couldn't replace the actual feeling of a pair of "A's" then "B's" as they continued to grow. On my skinny frame, a pair of "B's" almost looked like bumper bullets. As they got closer to "C" (never actually got there) I was beginning to get scared that I was going to look like my Mom afterall (D's).

I think the idea for the fashion industry is that if the "XYZ" outfit looks this good on a board, then just think of what it will look like on you!

I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to remember that Andrej is taking hormones "just to get some definition" the artical said.

Jenn