Thread: In girls changing room

In girls changing room

Ever wished you tried on clothes before you buy?
    Ok it's not overly scary, and I use them either in girl mode or man mode to try on dresses etc.
    Change room photo I didn't buy, red top photo (taken by nice SA) I did buy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We do this all the time.
    Once I was in a Macy's and trying on a top. I wanted my wife to see it but she was on the other side of the dept and I didn't want to stray from the fitting room as my purse was in it. As I was looking for her an older lady walked by entering the fitting room and said, "You look lovely dear". That made my day!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Both outfits look good I really like how you present in the red one.
    The legs and shoes look really neat.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The red and white long tee is really nice! Not to mention when it is matched with that black cardigan, you look very vibrant! You should have gotten it! The fit is great good~

But I couldn't help noticing the handicapped logo in the fitting room.... So there are handicapped fitting rooms? o.O never seen one of those before...

Rachel...that red/white top is amazing on you, and I have to agree..the long maxi dress just isn't you

Platinum Member
    I do this all the time too. I almost always shop en femme, and never hesitate to use the ladies dressing rooms.

I do it too. Nothings worse than finding a cute top and then realizing it won't fit

Theres nothing wrong wih using he ladies dressing room to try on clothing, the only time Ill try on clothing is when Im dressed, so that I can get the full effect of how it will look.
    Renee

You look so cute in the red top Rachel.

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    how do you gals pull it off can you make your self sound female or do you just your male voice just wondering
    tammy

I agree with the majority the "red & white" top is hot and you look great in it

Linda
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Nowakowski View Post
    how do you gals pull it off can you make your self sound female or do you just your male voice just wondering
    tammy
    I soften my voice and try to reduce resonance but I don't try to increase pitch very much. Many dressing rooms are unattended so I don't have to talk to anyone. Even when I do I don't see it as a problem since nobody can be 100% sure of gender and only the stupidest would risk the embarassment of calling a GG on it and being proven wrong.

One tip I learned from Persephone is to never speak to a stranger when I cannot be seen. If they see a female, they will hear a female.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Nowakowski View Post
    tammy
    Years ago I would shop en femme and use the women's changing rooms. Then i would put the items back and perhaps the next day would go back in drab and purchase those items that I was interested in. My voice is very low and would give me away if I used it.

Silver Member
    I just take the female item and go into the men's changing area and never have a problem. Saves returning items or donating them to the Salvation Army with the tags still on.

I tend to shop at girls only clothing shops with only one set of change room.
    While I prefer to be in girl mode, on occassions (OK- twice this week) I've tried on dresses and purchased them while wearing my construction site clothing - without the high vis jacket of course.

I try to pitch my voice a bit higher than normal because I want to be girlie.
    My wife prefers normal voice when communicating to her - I think it reassures her that I'm still me.
    For some fun with SA etc who reckon they're to smart to be tricked by a skirt, wig and makeup, I'll pitch it deeper

Hardware shop - a male SA spent 10 minutes appologising for calling me sir, I had a laugh with him and told him even I get confused some days
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 02-20-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Sooooooooooo jealous!!...in a good way

I'd love to have the opportunity and nerve to do it. You do look fabulous in the red & white top..the whole outfit works really well.

Rachel--you have "cojones de acero", to be sure. You look amazing and based on your attitude I think you must feel that way inside, too. Thanks for inspiring us timid internet shoppers.

My fave is the black. You Go Darlin !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Silver Member
    I always shop for my femme clothes in male mode. Every time I go, it all plays out like it was the most normal thing in the world. Very shortly after entering the store, an SA comes and asks "Can I help you?". I either tell her what I'm looking for or "Just looking". Once I've found a few things, I just go to the sales desk and ask if I can try them on. The reply is always "Sure! Go ahead!" There has never been a time when a SA has made me feel unwelcome. This with me in total guy mode and not making up stories about shopping for "some one else". If I'm asked who its for, I just tell her its for me. My message is just a confirmation of what so many of our sisters have said before: "Go, you'll be glad you did. And it gets easier every time you do it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    Thanks for inspiring us timid internet shoppers.
    Well, funny you should mention internet shopping and anonymity. I bought three blouses recently online, but when I got them, they fit in the arms and shoulders but were way too baggy otherwise. I am pretty tall, so I have to buy 1X or 18/20 sized blouses for my frame, but I want them to be form fitting too.

So, I called a nearby tailor and asked them if they had any problem altering some ladies blouses for a man. They said no problem. I went at lunch yesterday in drab and tried on all three blouses with a skirt that needed to be taken in and the tailor was a consummate professional about the whole thing, even though I had put on a bra with forms and my butt/thigh pad panty too. I was a little nervous on the inside, but now I can't wait to pick up my form fitting sexy blouses!

Well done Suzanne and others.

I think it's important to let the others know that it's not the end of the world or even close, if they try on clothes in the change room.

The people of todays world are used to many things, and CDers etc are now (in NZ anyway) considered as people expressing themselves and ADDING to our experiances and joys of life.

I try on everything before I buy including lingerie, and I always use the ladies changing rooms in the major department stores. If I buy at a resale shop, the dressing rooms usually aren't separated so I'll use which ever one becomes vacant. So far I haven't encountered any problem using ladies only rooms.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I used to years ago buy my things and then try them on at home, not anymore. I try everything that I buy on at the store and have never had anyone give me any problems for it. My fav place is to go to Victoria secrets and have trhem bring me as many bras as I want to try on, never a problem since they only care about sales and my money is just as good as any skinny girls.
    I want to be this girl!

Banned Read only
    I like the red and white top with the tights much better than the long dress. The tights also show odd your shapely legs.