Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have even more respect now for women

Banned Read only

I have even more respect now for women

Stuff I've learned the past couple of weeks:
    1. Trying to learn how to be a girl is tough!
    a. It is difficult, at least for me, to learn to walk in heels.
    b. Really simple eyeshadow is not too bad. Anything that requires much blending is tough sledding so far.
    c. eyeliner is tricky
    d. liquid eyeliner is, shall we say, unforgiving?
    e. lipstick - ok, I think I kinda have this one
    f. painting my nails is not as easy as it looks - I'll probably master this too - eventually... I am unlikely to be competition for the nail salon anytime soon though!

2. Having breasts (or breast forms anyway) is great!
    a. Stuff fits WAY better, because clothes for women who are kinda flat are not made for someone my size and shape.
    b. Pretty startling how much it changes your look - I think I have just sat staring at the shape of mine in a mirror for a couple of hours so far...
    c. Jiggling a little when I walk is amazing. Who knew?
    d. They are heavier than I expected. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect. I have a newfound respect for folks with actual breasts who can't take 'em off when they get tired.

3. I will never, ever, under any circumstances tease women about how long it takes them to get ready for something. Indeed, I now understand what a miracle it is that they can do it so quickly. Holy cow!

4. 16 year old girls on youtube makeup demo videos just kick.my.ass. I'm seriously terrible at this.

5. I started out thinking that I knew next to nothing. Turns out I forgot about the minus sign - I know understand that I knew less than nothing... (Yes, my information content about most of this stuff could be best described by a slightly negative value.) It's pretty humbling to discover that I know so little, and have such poor skills at something that fascinates me so much.

6. Small hands and small feet are a huge advantage in some of these tasks. Too bad I don't have either!

7. A wig changes my appearance to a rather startling degree. This was a MUCH more profound effect than I'd expected. MUCH MORE.

8. Keeping it simple, and going slow and being patient is definitely the way to go here. Unfortunately, I'm an idiot and am incapable of doing any of that.

BTW, I'm not complaining - I'm having fun learning.

So to all of you out there who look better than me (which is basically all of you), mad props. What can I say? I have a lot to learn! I am learning a lot from this forum, though.
    Last edited by Eryn; 02-20-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Removed reference to celebrity doing something illegal.

I have the same problems but for me that's part of the enjoyment of it all.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Paula, I can relate, as can most of us ladies! I will make just two notes to your list:

1. This is learnable, and it does get better with more practice and feedback.

2. When you get external validation that you're being perceived as a woman, such as (in my case) a drive-through clerk saying, "I'm sorry, ma'am, what was your order?" and "There you are, ma'am, sorry for the trouble"...that makes it all worthwhile.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by andrea lace View Post
    I have the same problems but for me that's part of the enjoyment of it all.
    Thanks Andrea, nice to know it's not just me. Well, I've gone from fantasy type thinking of "I wonder if I would want to do this 24/7?", to the somewhat more pragmatic, I think, "I wonder if I can do this even once?"

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    Paula, I can relate, as can most of us ladies!
    2. When you get external validation that you're being perceived as a woman, such as (in my case) a drive-through clerk saying, "I'm sorry, ma'am, what was your order?" and "There you are, ma'am, sorry for the trouble"...that makes it all worthwhile.
    Thanks Amy - hugs! I will say that so far, with what little bit I have been able to get right, when I've looked in the mirror, it was as if I'd seen my face for the first time. I felt alive.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-20-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

Thanks for the friendship request feel free to PM me any time. When I dress I know I don't pass and I definitely look like a bloke in a dress. I have only recently told my wife about my little hobby and she is cool with it and helps a lot with my look and has even purchased outfits for me and we have had a day shopping together. In guy mode I hate shopping but clothes for Andrea is a different matter if feels more exciting knowing I can go home and try out the clothes. Using make up for me is fun and I am getting better at it I suppose its like everything in life practice makes perfect and the fun for me is all in the process and not the end result take care Andrea x

I am a GG and have been for nearly 40 years and I am still learning.....make up is tricky and well eyeliner I still haven't mastered that! My SO can put on lipstick with more skill and better effect than I.
    Enjoy yourself and have fun on your journey.
    Kind regards,
    Breeze

Banned Read only
    Thought of something else:
    9. When the youtbe video starts out "OK - this is going to be a super simple tip", it is not actually going to be simple. Perhaps there is some meaning for "super simple" of which I am unaware?

In guy mode I hate shopping but clothes for Andrea is a different matter if feels more exciting knowing I can go home and try out the clothes.
    I know what you mean! My male personality shops about once a year, whether he needs to or not. He just buys 6 of the exact same thing. (Boy does my wife hate this!) Paula spends a lot of time browsing and shopping, especially online. There are some other differences I've noticed so far too, but that's fodder for another thread.

Banned Read only
    Wow, this is awesome. I like it.
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 02-20-2013 at 11:59 AM.

This is an educational forum, among other things.
    You learn something new every day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You couldn't of said it better than that.

Hi Paula,

I'm with you all the way. Makeup is kicking my butt right now and I have likely seen those same teenage girls do their thing like it was nothing. Like you, I'm having fun getting it all figured out.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

It's pretty much a form of art. Difficult, and never perfect.

Its a learning process. You'll be amazed to find out how actually many things we do in life without even thinking is harder than what it seems. Talking. Seems simple enough, but the complexity behind is astounding. Its all about practise and practise. Good things never come easy I guess~ ^.^

Paula...i just LOVE your thoughts....its simple, truthful, and amazing

Platinum Member
    I had many of the same experiences and revelations along the way. Those youtube vids are great for learning technique. And its realy amazing how tranformative a couple of lumps of silicon and a wig can be. Add a corset or shaper and you'll be stunned at the difference.

It is all fun, even if sometimes you feel that your starting from less than zero!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Great observations, Paula -- especially about eyeliner and wigs. Good thing it's so much fun to practice

Banned Read only
    <3 all you girls! Thanks for the positive feedback!

Add a corset or shaper and you'll be stunned at the difference.
    Yes, I think I may add that next, I've been thinking about that as it happens.
    I also need to buy some outer clothes - I want a dress. Just something simple that doesn't look absolutely ridiculous on me. (At this point, mildly ridiculous would be OK.)

Great observations, Paula -- especially about eyeliner and wigs. Good thing it's so much fun to practice
    Thanks! Yes, I am having a lot of fun with this.

I was around soooo much girly stuff growing up - three older sisters, I am blessed - makeup no problem, what to ware no problem, shopping no problem, looking like a man in a dress --- big problem ................Debra

Banned Read only
    OK, I thought of a couple of other things that I forgot to mention:

10. Shopping lessons so far:
    a. Lingerie - just buy it and do as best you can on your size. (Knowing your height, weight, and measurements will help.) No one cares whether or not it's for you or someone else.

b. Makeup - just buy it. Nobody cares or will notice.

c. Shoes - If you are over a size 10, there just isn't going to be much doubt who the shoes are for.

Which brings me to:
    11. Shoe sizes - I'll never tease a girl who has kinda big feet again. My sister (my biological sibling) has kinda big feet for a girl. I think she wears a size 9.5 or 10 shoe. I always thought these were kind of big. I don't think I've ever really teased her about this - that would be mean, but I definitely noticed it. It is possible that the word "boat" may have come to mind when I've thought on this. However, turns out, the size 13's I end up needing make hers look petite and dainty. (Mine actually are boats I think - they have a little card that mentions every passenger needs a life jacket because of coast guard regulations, anyway...)

Also +about a buzillion friend requests. You ladies ROCK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    I was around soooo much girly stuff growing up - three older sisters, I am blessed - makeup no problem, what to ware no problem, shopping no problem, looking like a man in a dress --- big problem ................Debra
    Hey Deb, you know, now that you mention that (and thank you for sharing that, too!), you'd think it would be easier for me too. I was raised by a single mother, and my grandmother, and my sibling is my sister. My dad was not around, and my grandfather wasn't around that much either. (Side note: my grandfather had a farm, and I spent time on it. Didn't learn anything from that either. Did I learn *anything* when I was a kid?!?!!??) I can remember being little and watching my mom and grandmother dress. (I have an unusually good memory from an unusally early age.) You'd think I'd have learned something. But apparently some of us (me anyway) are slower on the uptake than others! lol!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-20-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

Paula, number 12, woman smile alot per day, so remember to smile, a girl always looks prettier when she is smiling, because they are normally happier than men, Must say i love your thread welcome to the group, hugs girl
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

This is a learning curve for me and my wife. She has never been into makeup (other than mascara, blush and sometimes lipstick) and now we are both learning how to do it. She's also become more interested in clothes too. We had a big shopping day this last weekend. It was my Pretty Woman moment. We walked home with bags full of clothes.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by stacycoral View Post
    Paula, number 12, woman smile alot per day, so remember to smile, a girl always looks prettier when she is smiling, because they are normally happier than men, Must say i love your thread welcome to the group, hugs girl
    Thanks Stacy, that is an absolutely awesome point! I will endeavor to smile more - I am a lot happier, after all!

It was my Pretty Woman moment. We walked home with bags full of clothes.
    I hope I can find that type of understanding with my wife, at some point. I'm really happy for you.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Thanks Paula,
    I agree with everyone here!
    Its amazing to watch a GG on Utube show you her quick and easy hair curling tips.
    Then after an hour in the bathroom mirror i still cant get the curler to go where my hand is holding the hair up, and then try to make it curl the right way.
    But then again if it was easy everyone would do it, and then it wouldn't be as much fun.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I agree with everything you said. I give my girlfriend so much more credit of what she goes through on a daily basis.
    Live, Laugh, Love.........

I agree with most everything you said, but I would have to couch it by saying, that trying to be a well dressed woman is exhausting. I did 24/7 for four days and could barely keep my strength. So much to worry about when you go out. What will the other girls be wearing, where are we going, what's the weather going to be like, what if my heels start to hurt, will we be standing or dancing or I hope sitting, is this going to be a long event or a short one. Should I bring an extra outfit or find some way to accessorize half way through the time out......and on and on....

Not to mention, wake up two hours before work just for hair and makeup and then redoing the hair/makeup after getting home....

So for girls trying to look good it's a pain in the *ss. I guess that's why I see soooo many GGs in sweatpants and no makeup....

My hat's off to those CDrs and GGs that really try at looking good.

Renne.....

Banned Read only
    The thing is, women have quite some time to sort this all out. For us, it's like 0-60 in a short period of time. I'm sure we can all relate to your struggles.

Done there, been that...