Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have even more respect now for women

Oh yeah....if you think eyeliner is hard....try to put on false eyelashes....geesh!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    Oh yeah....if you think eyeliner is hard....try to put on false eyelashes....geesh!
    I'm glad you said something about this. I've been thinking about asking about this in the beauty forum, because my natural eyelashes are really terrible. But somehow, I kinda had the feeling that I should take this in baby steps...

BTW, I am getting better at liquid eyeliner. Last couple of times I've done this, it actually looked like I'd applied it deliberately. I wouldn't say it looked "good" - but at least it didn't appear that one of the frat brothers had scribbled across my eyelids with a sharpie while I was passed out drunk at the frat party...

Banned Read only
    #14 - It takes an absolute TRUCKLOAD of stuff to be a girl! Oh my gosh, I had no idea! I am contemplating packing for a trip, and am astonished at the volume of things I'd need to bring. How do women do this so efficiently? I will *never* complain about how much space my wife uses in our suitcase. EVER!!!

Banned Read only
    #15 - shaving your legs is quite a bit more maintenance than I'd ever imagined. How on earth does my wife do this in 3:38s? (average, not that I've timed it...) How do girls ever actually get out of the bathroom? This just seems impossible!

Hey Paula. I think most of us have been through this. It's amazing how much we missed growing up.

I have found lately that physical appearance may be less of an issue than behavior. I live and work in the midwest US, and many women here are big, use very little makeup, and dress very casually.

Lately, I've been blending in wearing jeans and no makeup. Feminine voice and gestures work wonders, glasses hide eyes and eyebrows. That's a lot less work.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle M View Post
    Hey Paula. I think most of us have been through this. It's amazing how much we missed growing up.
    I grew up with my mother, my sister, and my grandmother, mostly. How on earth did I not pick up SOMETHING? lol.

I have found lately that physical appearance may be less of an issue than behavior. I live and work in the midwest US, and many women here are big, use very little makeup, and dress very casually.

Lately, I've been blending in wearing jeans and no makeup. Feminine voice and gestures work wonders, glasses hide eyes and eyebrows. That's a lot less work.
    Those are good observations and give me a lot to think about. My frame, near total lack of hair on my head, the abundance of it everywhere else, and my voice are all pretty dead giveaways. I doubt I'll ever remotely pass - but that's OK.

I'm hoping y'all find this thread amusing. I certainly do. I'd think the whole situation was really hilarious if it weren't happening to me, and I wasn't terrified that I was in the process of destroying my life for something that is completely impossible and impractical. Of course, from a certain perspective, that type of material makes for the best comedy.

Banned Read only
    So I have learned something else since shaving my legs this weekend. My legs are *really* freaking cold right now. I'm sitting here, typing this, shivering. I didn't think I had *that much* hair, and I didn't think it did much for me. WRONG! I'm freezing. I may have to put on some hose or some tights not for CD purposes, but just to stay warm!

Why didn't someone warn me about this? No wonder my wife is so cold all the time!

Thanks all who are participating in this thread. I know I'm an idiot. I hope you are enjoying my journey of self-discovery, i.e. "Just how stupid am I?" (Answer: really bone-headed!)

PS. Brrrrrrr!

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Paula!
    Thats why they invented Pantihose.
    They do a great job of keeping your legs warm and shapely too
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    I may have to put on some hose or some tights not for CD purposes, but just to stay warm!
    Oh sure, Paula, we believe you. haha

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    3. I will never, ever, under any circumstances tease women about how long it takes them to get ready for something. Indeed, I now understand what a miracle it is that they can do it so quickly. Holy cow!
    I think this is one of the biggest life lessons I learned while having my first makeup lesson. I'll forever from this point forward just bring a book on a date in case it's taking longer than expected. I also understand what a catastrophe a bad hair day can really be now that I have a really great wig too. Being a girl is hard work.

My first makeup day is going to be this weekend my girl is going to do up my makeup. Reading this thread now I'm going "oh god... how will I ever do that on my own!?!?!?" And this is before she does anything! After I'm going to be so overwhelmed I'm sure.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Alliegirl View Post
    My first makeup day is going to be this weekend my girl is going to do up my makeup. Reading this thread now I'm going "oh god... how will I ever do that on my own!?!?!?" And this is before she does anything! After I'm going to be so overwhelmed I'm sure.
    Some stuff is pretty easy. One tip is to use less than you think you ought to use, of just about everything. Too much makeup is not better than not enough. Even if you look like me. Some of it is fairly easy.

Eyeliner is tough sledding - be warned.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    #1) Yes, it is. If I could be born again (NOT in the Christian way-I am VERY content with that), I would have preferred to be born a male.
    <3

Yeah, there really are a lot of advantages. Why I'm swimming against the current, I'll never know.

Don't worry, your skills will improve over time. Just keep watching those makeupistas on youtube, reading fashion books/magazines/catalogs and keep practicing.

As for fake lashes, you can find tutorials on that on youtube, I prefer the do a line of glue as if it was eyeliner method... a youtube user called something like kuiipo demonstrates that one.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.