Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Fashion Era

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    Mid 80's to early 90's for me...think Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love Girls!
    When Robert Palmer's "addicted to Love" came out the rumor was that one of these girls was a gurl? Don't know if it was true but that was the rumor. We all wondered which one it was.
    Dana Fleming

I've gotta say I only recently (this week) started watching season 1 of Downton Abby on Netflix. I'd never given it a thought before, but I find the early 1900's women's clothes very attractive.

I Grew-up in the late 50's early 60's and I truley believe this was the time that GIRLS were most FEMININE in their dress. Foundations, as well as Lingerie were all availabe in pretty pastel, girly colors.
    Girls (and I) would wear a cute, lace trimed panty, under a pretty pastel colored pantygirdle that had garters holding up my sheer stockings.
    Pretty slips and half slips were the norm. Lacy FEMININE Bra's that matched my girdle were somewhat of a girly neccesity.
    A Sweat, Sweat Skirt, pretty make-up, lovely shoulder length wig along with all of the pretty FEMININE foundations and Lingerie, helping my wiggle as I walk in my 3" Pumps.

Janice,
    We agree to a great degee. Thanks for posting your opinion.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I can find something I love about anywhen, though less about the 70s. I am partial to the 80s from a practical standpoint, bangs, big hair, lots of blush and eyeshadow, high heels and minis. Perfect for a CD with no shoulder pads to match a woman with them!
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

When I first noticed Audrey Hepburn in that L.B.D. a switch got flipped on in my head and I have never been the same since.
    Then Sophia Loren wiggled into view and that was it!

So it’s 1960-1970 for me.

Always, girls--always------i would dream to be dressed as and looking like DORIS DAY!

The cutest outfits, i know she was wearing an obg, with sheer stockings. Pretty skirt suits and lovely evening dresses with heels.

Rock hudson, how could you have been gay, spooning with her!

Banned Read only
    Arlene, I a little older than you. My fashion sense comes right out of the 1950's and 1960's, Women did not wear pants!!!!! Women wore dresses and heels and lacy slips and hosiery. I would not be caught dead in women's pants and jeans. That would defeat the entire motivation to cross dress. Why would a man with a desire to cross wear men's pants that women co-opted by decorating them with stitching and sequins? If a man wants to emulate a woman, he should look like a woman in dress and mannerisms! I'm waiting for the flack!

For me it would definitely be the '60 Mod era from England (as is was known at the time). I loved the mini dresses/skirts, bold colors and the hair styles with bangs.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

For me, nothing compares to the 80's. Lots and lots of lycra, spandex, nylon, etc. I loved the big hair, heavy makeup, short dresses and short skirts, and went batsh*t crazy over those wonderful high-gloss, shiny pantyhose! Picture Rhonda Shear from back in the day and you'll get the idea.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I love the lingerie and dresses of the 1940s and 1950s. How I wish to be a housewife back then...

Brianna,
    Thank you for your perfect insight. HUGS & KISSES !

Thank all of the ladies that have added their comments & insights.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Late '50s/early '60s. Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy, Tippi Hedren.

- Diane

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by BreannaCD View Post
    I love the lingerie and dresses of the 1940s and 1950s. How I wish to be a housewife back then...
    *sigh* I agree with this so much...

Southern belle for dresses for me. For blouses and skirts then late 70s- early 80s. Pussy bows, huge billowing puffy sleeves. Tight pencil skirts and heels. For bridal it's a toss up. 80s like Princess Diana or dresses from my big fat gypsy wedding. If my dress can fit through the double doors, it needs another layer. And defiantly. need huge puffy sleeves. I want to feel them on my face when I reach for something

Quote Originally Posted by ssmjoanne View Post
    ...and sexy baby dolls.
    My sentiments exactly!

Lacy PJs

Oh my, this is so hard. I love all the decades. And all the centuries. If its women's attire, I will wear it. Every fashion has its own adventure. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

For me it would be the 1800's.
    Amanda

I really like to house wife look from the 50's/60's. I have always really liked the way the dresses looked.

Silver Member
    I started as a small boy in the 50s. I was able to afford a nice large wardrobe in the early 60s. I really liked the beautiful lingerie sets and the dresses from that period. It was also fun when they had sox hops with everyone showing up in their poodle skirts from the 50s. I liked going to the drive in movies with a friend of mine as his date. The 70s had some fun clothes, but it wasn't my favorite period. When the 80s came in and big shoulders and hair were in style it was fun to dress again. I stated wearing women's blouses/shirts openly about that time. I liked the new fashions over the last 20+ years. Fabrics are nicer and softer than they used to be. I like silk blouses which were rare before the 80s. I traveled overseas regularly so I was able to buy fabric cheap. I had several dresses made for me when I traveled which are pretty much classic lines and could wear them today if I would lose 20 pounds.

While I liked wearing nylons, especially with garters, I don't miss pantyhose and actually like bare legs. Just a pair of panties under a silky dress is very sexy.

Lynn so true. I can't and don't want to understand pantyhose, they seem to be, not FEMININE or Girly enough.

I enjoy wearing a Pantygirdle, or high top control Garter Panty. I really do prefer these in colors other than white. I don't know if you can relate or remember, but in the early to mid 60's Pantygirdles came in all sorts of delcious pastel colors and alot of them had very lacy trim at the bottom of the leg. I had a blue, pink (natureally) and the prettiest Yellow Pantygirdle you've ever seen, you know, I even found a cute lacy cup underwire bra to match!--This was 1966.
    Stockings attached to the garters of a girdle or cute garter panty, were and still are the best. You know, if you get a run in you stocking, chances are you have a replacement, but also, stocking seem alot more sheer that the sheerest you can find in pantyhose.
    By the way, I also love OBG's (Open Botton Girdles), they seem the best to wear with a straight skirt or skirt suit.

I kind of like any era where women didn't wear bras. Unfortunately I can't pull that look off. Hugs Jaymee

I just love wearing a bra, it helps my illusion.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

As a saloon girl I love the clothing of the 1860's.. I must admit I love the current styles also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Speaking of the 1860's, and 1870's Miss Kitty should had a fashion flair.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud