Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you do it?

Why do you do it?

So in an effort to better understand myself and why I do what I do, I'm actually in the process of writing an essay right now about why I like to cross dress and do some of the things that I like to do... That said, I can't help but ask, why do you do it? Why dress up as a woman? I'll start!

For me, it's both a desire to feel pretty and a desire to escape the "cards I've been dealt" and instead become something more. To experience life more fully! Oh! When I'm Betty, I feel almost magical! To wear the frilly girly cloths, makeup, and we can't forget the panties! I love panties so much! Just the way they feel against my skin! Just about any panties really! Cotton, silk, satin, and even (heaven forbid) polyester!

Anyway, it's interesting to note that Betty first appeared back when I was 14. I used to dress in my mothers cloths. Mostly panties, stockings, and skirts. I liked to do this but for a little while at a time. It's interesting to note that she disappeared abruptly when I turned 18, shortly after I graduated from high school. I do not know why, and while I'd be interested in theories, that is not the purpose of this post...

Hi Betty In answer to your question for me is I dress because it makes me feel closer to my ideal of who I actually am , I don't feel comfortable in my male gender role that being conforming to what society expects of me as a man I don't do it because I like the feel of the materials, I don't wear sexy or silky underwear although I do have some really nice bra's I love feminine hats especially if my wife and I are out shopping we have a laugh trying on hats, I especially love shoes I personally have about 40 pairs, a girl can never have enough shoes, so for me that is why I do it, but if I cant dress for a period of time then I get really depressed, I know it is irrational but that is the way it is, some people drink, some gamble I wear women's clothes , that's it.
    Actually I don't know why I do it , it just feels right.
    Love and hugs Sarah xxx

Silver Member
    I have thought long and hard for many years about the why, why do I do it, the honest answer is I actually don't know for sure, I know I feel amazing when I am even underdressed, I adore nice underwear and love how it makes me feel, I don't want to be a full time lady, but I so enjoy being a part time one

If I feel stressed then being Rachel calms me, if I want to feel nice then I dress too

I started when I was very young with my mums things and here I am some 45 years later and I embrace what I am, but long since gave up trying to understand what I am

When I dress I feel comfortable with myself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

On Hiatus
    Because, when I'm not picking myself to pieces and exaggerating my flaws, and I see a woman in the mirror? -- everything seems right. :]
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Hi,

My reasons will be different, ( of cause ) , i make many of my clothes & like wearing them to events that we have going on, as a member of a few groups it lends itself quite well .

as an Edwardian woman we have different get to gethers the last one being our Govenor-General & his lady plus 250 others came as well so yes our group was dressed in our finery this took place on the 21 st of Feb this month,

So i have many reasons to get dressed, & lots of oppitunitys & did speak with many people ,

This sunday just gone we had our Scottish BBQ at our Chef's home with his wife, we had about 25 it was a nice evening & the banter was lovely so yes i get dressed in my nice clothes, well it is lovely being with our groups,

...noeleena...

I giess in my case, the question would be why does an old geezer want to look like a stylish old woman? I guess the answer would be because I can. In spite of the little extra effort it takes me to look nice, I do it because I like to and it's part of who I am and keeps things interesting. If I walked around like a dotering old fool, I would no doubt become complacent. This keeps my mind and imagination going.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 02-25-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    because i love pantyhose/tights/stockings. i would not dress up en femme without them. i can sometimes just wear pantyhose/tights/stockings and this is how i started but it feels inadequate nowadays so whenever i do dress up, i do it from head to foot.
    there are days when i dont feel the urge to dress up or when i am too busy. when i am free, and no one is around then i'd dress up. its something i cant stop and i progressed from just pantyhose to dressing up in full.
    i'd wear pantyhose/tights/stockings too under my jeans if i had but its too hot where i live and of course you have that fear of being caught and having to explain why a man i wearing women's clothing under his pants. to avoid this, i dress up when its safe.
    Last edited by wantstocrossdress; 02-25-2013 at 05:47 AM.

I do this because I feel like I am a woman and I want to look like I feel.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I'm not sure I can give you a good answer to this question. It isn't scientific like "this is because..."
    I have an attraction to women and their clothes and when I dress en femme, I feel comfortable with myself, and at peace.
    Stephanie

Talking Why I started

I have always had an attraction to panties, stockings and perfume. Occasionally I would put on a pair of my wife's. I would even buy her sexy panties she would never wear just so I could.

Now that I have come out fully as a gay man, I buy myself panties and stockings every week. MY husband is fully supportive and we even looked at some shoes this past weekend.

I can't wait!!!

I look better dressed as a woman than as a man. Womens clothes fit me better. I like the feeling I get knowing that when I go out people take me as a woman. I get a chance to be someone else who starts with a blank canvass and I can build this person the way I want to be, chiefly a woman! I can forget my troubles and woes. When I am out I have found people react differently to women than men. I can't quite put my finger on it but I know I like that difference.

Maria

I do it because it makes me feel whole and sexy

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I dress because it is part of who I am. Just wish I would have more chances to and that is was more accepting as being a normal behavior.
    Erica

Why do I do it?

Because I am hard wired that way and do not have a choice.

It is something I was born with.

Why ? Oh dear what a question. For me its putting on the clothes and seeing my drab clothes lying in a heap. From the minute I put on my foundation my whole persona changes from being a man to woman. Also the clothes have a huge appeal from bra's, panties, skirts and especially tights. Also to be treated differently as a woman and I enjoy that.

Do I ask this question because I crossdress, or do I crossdress because I ask this question?

Platinum Member
    Hi Betty, It's very simple, It's who I am and it's what I do.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Gawd, I wish I knew.

Like a whole lot of people here it started before I even had a word for it. By first grade, sneaking around raiding the hampers in the house, trying to put myself together. It's so deeply a part of who I am. I have to think it's instinctual like horses born knowing how to stand, birds knowing to to fly south in the winter ... cats born purring. I don't know why ... it's completely bizarre and Frankly unexplainable to the uninitiated.

Sometimes I wish I'd have been born gay, or that I was into some kinky far out bondage scene or something. I mean, at least people know how to process that. By and large society accepts gay people, even. This ... it's like coming from a completely different planet, and the first question anyone asks is "why" ... and there literally is no answer other than "because I have to."
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

It began as a curiosity about the fabrics and forbidden nature of the garments. Then of course during puberty the sexual component appeared and stayed for some time. All the while searching for the reason why and not finding it I continued on. Now I realize that there is a very strong female component in my being that needs expression and although there may be other ways of satisfying this need the one that provides the most complete fulfillment for me is transforming myself into that woman and allowing others to see her, to meet her, to understand her.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I would say it's the feel of the clothes that have dragged me too it, the feeling dressed in attire designed for females at ease and the feel on my skin. Back when I was young i would say because it felt good and felt nice in it. It's not something to truly have a choice in and nor a simple answer, with curves I feel empowered and sexy, something in male form i cannot be. It was a curiosity on the female body more particularly the garments i saw on tv that drove me to trying rumaging around the drawers.
    Last edited by confusedcder; 02-25-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: adding more information

Banned Read only
    Why do I breath? Why do I ride bikes? Why do I love Monty Python? I just do. It makes sense.

I wish I knew why , this can be a very difficult path , that I know I would not have chosen if given the choice but I can not do anything about that , its just part of who I am and I'm finally coming to terms with that fact. I now know that coming to this realization makes it easier to live with myself.
    Hugs , Nikki Rich

I recently started to dress just a short time ago. I do it because I finally realized who I am. Make up, wigs, clothes, etc are all the icing on the cake for me. The cake is what really matters and its all girl and all good.
    We do not need discipline to be kind, just an open heart.

Because it's all i've ever known and it's how I identify. When I look in the mirror and see myself as Becky everything feels right and I feel normal. When I see that boring git in the mirror I lose my identity and all my confidence!