Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Detecting Crossdressers"

"Detecting Crossdressers"

The other day, I was minding my own business, reading the latest issue of Yachting Magazine (a magazine featuring boats that most of us will never set foot on, much less own). They have a column on the "Cruising Yachtsman" and I noticed it was about Savannah, GA (USA). Since I have visited Savanna a few times myself, I settled down to read the article.

After the usual information on how the city was founded, how it is laid out in squares with little parks, the subject turned to the entertainment/tourist district on River Street which, as you might expect, is along the river. They often have fireworks, festivals, and concerts on river street and the park between the street and the river.

So I come to these lines describing the action in the park:

"......... visitors and locals listen to buskers blowing a mean saxophone, strumming a giddy banjo, or singing the blues. Some folks may spend time trying to detect crossdressers; others gaze at giant container ships gliding downriver, ........ "

Wait, did I read that right? Sure enough "Some folks may spend time trying to detect crossdressers !"

What am I missing here? In my times in Savannah and on River Street, I've never noticed a crossdresser. Am I blind? Is this area known for crossdressing and I somehow missed it? Is Savannah a big crossdressing city? Should I grab my bra and heels and head back down to Savannah?

What am I missing?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Can you buy a crossdresser detector in the store or do they come in build them yourself kits?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

They must have some really, really good CDers in town if it takes effort to "discover" them.

"Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" took place in Savannah and featured a local drag queen "The Lady Chablis". She was an act for many years in Savannah and her act was attended by all.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    Can you buy a crossdresser detector in the store or do they come in build them yourself kits?
    'some assembly required'.

There is a rather famous drag queen that performs there. " Lady Chablis ". That is why.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Read only
    I don't think you are missing anything. I'm willing to bet the author of the articles either IS a CDer or has a SO who is one.

I'll also bet a years pay that if you were to make a list of 50 things one does "while out in public" and include CD busting in it, and give it to 1000 "normal" people, it might not even make the top 40 even once.

CD busting is mainly a hobby of CDers. And many here are not very good at it despite claims to the contrary. Claiming to "bust" someone by their voice [and nothing else] only proves they have not spent enough time in the RW where voices can be very misleading.

And that my friends is why I wear a sign that says "why yes I am , thank you for asking". So far may record is 2 out of 505,667 in being detected.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    I just go around asking every woman I meet if they are a Crossdresser. I found out in my area there are very few crossdressers and that woman like to slap people in the face.

clearly more research is required.

"...strumming a giddy banjo?" How do banjos become giddy? My guess is that the author is in high school.

For me, the first way to bust a CD is to look for a bad wig.

Have we established Lady Chablis is an ongoing act or was once there?

"Midnight Garden of Good and Evil" was a great movie. Highly rentable...or downloadable...or whatever.

Never knew it was a spectator sport...!

When bored and people watching (usually waiting on my wife while she shops or whatever...) I often will try and visualize who amongst the crowd would likely be a crossdresser. I reason that anyone doing the same at me...would never guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantDebutant View Post
    I just go around asking every woman I meet if they are a Crossdresser. I found out in my area there are very few crossdressers and that woman like to slap people in the face.

AHAhaha! It sounds safer just to assume all women are crossdressers.

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantDebutant View Post

Now that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Robbin_Sinclair View Post

Have we established Lady Chablis is an ongoing act or was once there?
    Still there
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

You gals are soooooo funny!!! I just grabbed a change of (femme) clothing, and now I'm off to Savannah. I'll let you know what I find, or if they find me!
    Stephanie

Banned Read only
    My son went to the art school there. He told me that there were, indeed a great many cross dressers, there. Most of the students are away from home for the first time, so they feel free to express themselves. He told me all kinds of stuff went on there, pride parades of various sorts, really awesome Halloween stuff - you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    My son went to the art school there. He told me that there were, indeed a great many cross dressers, there. Most of the students are away from home for the first time, so they feel free to express themselves. He told me all kinds of stuff went on there, pride parades of various sorts, really awesome Halloween stuff - you name it.
    Great art school!!

Banned Read only
    Linda, you read it right.

But it's just a throwaway comment. an arbitrary one that is intent on putting across to the reader just how abstract, different, and individualistic an experience in River Street can and will be for any tourist visiting. Or indeed it could well be just a reflection of the experience that the author of the article had at the time. Some people ended up ship-spotting, others noticed a solitary crossdresser walking down the street (which is something that, unlike ship-gazing, can happen anywhere).

I don't know River Street, Savannah, GA. No knowledge of the place whatsoever. I would however hazard a guess that it's home to just as many crossdressers as any other part of the world.

Sometimes, we just try to read too much into what are nothing but off-the-cuff remarks. Remakes which are not really meant to be taken seriously. I mean, I wonder if there is a ship-spotting website out there on the internet which is now asking the question - "Did I read that right - people gazing at ships down on River Street? What am I missing here?".

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I think I saw one at the As Seen on TV store. It was next to the Gaydar detector and the Spray on makeup mask

My gf and I are guilty of calling out (quietly among ourselves, of course) other people whom we think are CDers and who are currently dressed. For example, guys(in drab) who have very well maintained, fem eyebrows and a nice figure. We like to point them out each other and assume they're CDers. lol Not in an insulting way, of course. More like a giddy "Teehee! I bet THEY do it too! " I wish there was a secret handshake or phrase that every CDer knew. haha

We also like to spot wigs, even on GGs, since we both love hair and wigs too. :P We're experts at this point.

I hear that the new digital detectors work way better than the old analog ones.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    I hear that the new digital detectors work way better than the old analog ones.

Carol
    True. You need to get one of the Transdar detectors with the CD Band adapter. Radio Shack has some good ones and one that gets Gaydar too. Could be handy. . .
    Debby

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    True. You need to get one of the Transdar detectors with the CD Band adapter. Radio Shack has some good ones and one that gets Gaydar too. Could be handy. . .
    When I was a child, I had a transistor radio, is it kind of the same thing? Wouldn't get gaydar though...

I found an App for that!

Aspiring Member
    May be that whoever wrote the article does not know what in the hell they are talking about?

Batteries NOT included !

Will the TSA let me carry a CD- detector thru airport security?
    Last edited by NV Susan; 02-25-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Spelling!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams