Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any happily-closeted cds?

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    There are folks who will try to pull you out of the closet using various tactics like guilt and shame, and it's mostly for their own benefit, not yours.
    My closet sufficed until my weight came down lots to be comfortable going out dressed again - interacting with an accommodating or even accepting society is a rewarding experience.

Each of us has our own drivers and constraints whether personally imposed or negotiated and our solution to satisfying the need to dress is the outcome. Frankly though Nicole, I don't give a [proverbial] whether others stay in the closet or venture out. Absolutely no benefit to me. I do however offer encouragement based on personal experience to those who would like to try.
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 02-27-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Closet, YES! Out dressed amongst Muggles, NO!

I love going out dressed! To TG friendly clubs, to CD conventions, and occasionally to meet other dressers.

But, going to Macys, the supermarket, or shoe store dressed? Pointless, stressful, and completely unnecessary!

However, if I could pass or I was TS, I mite answer differently!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I've been pretty heavily closeted up til now, but I've been just starting to crack the door open a little bit! I'm gradually going to push that door a little wider, but I'm still only going to be part-time. And I'm probably barely passable at best...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Another happily closeted CD here. It's simple, straightforward, and doesn't present any issues or angst in dealing with the world at large. Lets me focus my energies into transforming and feeling happy. Works fine for me.

I have always had a closet, but over the years it has expanded to a ridiculous extent.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am another one who is comfortable in my closet. No one knows except my friends here on line an perhaps a few anonymous sales associates who might have privately guessed. I rarely get an opportunity to fully dress - only when wife is gone for extended time but I secretly underdress occasionally. Shopping for lingerie while underdressed is a favorite sport.

The separation keeps the home and professional life neatly in one bucket and my alter life neatly in another.

Went out en-femme 20 years ago, but now strictly a 'stay-at-home' kindda girl

No big deal to me, to be stuck in doors all the time. But I'm sure once my kids have all grown and left the nest I might venture outside once more?

Just realised....I don't go out much as a MAN either!!!!
    Last edited by SallyS; 02-27-2013 at 06:18 AM.

I absolutely love having my deep, dark secret and secret identity. It greatly adds to the excitement I feel when dressing. I've gone out only a handful of times and have felt way too stressed to enjoy it.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Since I live alone, my home is my closet. I never have an urge to appear dressed in public. But I underdress with panties and bra 24/7.

Wish going out dressed could be a part of my every day life. But, there are situations that prevent that.

I could never pass and I hate being locked up in the closet.

Its a bad combination....

Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    I could never pass and I hate being locked up in the closet.

Its a bad combination....
    Then maybe you should come out, or just wear feminine items in your male presentation like I do. I am the opposite of a Tomboy.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    I am a completely private dresser as I have no desire to be chased by villagers with torches and pitchforks.
    ... to say nothing of the garlic and stakes!

Anyway, one thing that all of us have to think about is that you can't unring a bell. Knowing intimate details about someone's life has great potential to change relationships. Sometimes, as we've seen on the forum, it is a positive change. However, sometimes it is a very negative change and it's often hard to predict which way a given situation will go. In the best of circumstances, coming out is a difficult process; often rewarding but difficult.

So, in 10 years I have been out fully dressed once. The circumstances were right and I did it. I was with my current wife, but it was before we were married. She crossdressed also and we had a great time. However, we were someplace where it was quite unlikely that we would see someone that we knew. Usually at least once during a weekend I go out fully underdressed for grocery shopping, the mall or Home Depot. And so far, that's enough. I don't have much desire to go out fully dressed again. But, maybe one of these days...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTabooFeeling View Post
    I actually find it more exciting not to tell my wife... it's my little secret and telling her would somehow spoil it a little in my mind. Not sure why though! She knows I like that kind of stuff, but has shown little or no interest in it.
    I disagree. SHARING this side of you is far, far better than hiding it.

Gold Member
    I'm really perfectly happy just dressing around the house. If I ever do want to get out, there are always conferences to attend, such as Be-All here in Chicago, tho this year's was canceled!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Then maybe you should come out, or just wear feminine items in your male presentation like I do. I am the opposite of a Tomboy.

I will clarify....I do go out when I can but its not as often as I would like too. Last 2 weekends I went out to some bars at night.
    Got whistled at once and I'm sure I was laughed at more than you could count too. My avatar pic was taken at a crappy bar...

I would wear some chicks' clothing if I could from time to time but right now I can't pull it off.
    Last edited by Launa; 02-28-2013 at 07:07 AM.

My thoughts are echoed along with you...right now it is more than satisfing to go out underdressed and maybe wearing a Daisy Funetes Blouse along with a cami. tight snake skin leggings under my male pants with knee highs make me feel GREAT! outside especially when a cool/cold breeze blows and COOLZS everything off..you know what I mean Ladies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diversity View Post
    I am finding a change coming from within, where I would like to try being dressed 'en femme' in public. On two occasions I did this in 'male mode' by wearing' clothing which was questionably feminine. The only exception was the pair of women's sandals, I wore with my women's jeans, panties, and scoop-necked tee shirt. No bra was worn as I did not want it to show. No makeup. No wig. Nails were all male (feet and hands) - no color.
    I know this is boring, but for me, this was a big step taken. I went to two shopping malls, and also had a manicure and pedicure dressed in this manner.
    In time, I'll get braver....
    Di

The closet has a rather fluid definition.

Those who know me in TG land know that I get out & about quite often. Yet by definition I am still in the closet because I'm not "out" to all who know me in my regular day-to-day life (my Elephant notwithstanding).

The question might be phrased differently as to whether a person has a need or desire to be out & about or if they are simply content in staying behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    There are folks who will try to pull you out of the closet using various tactics like guilt and shame, and it's mostly for their own benefit, not yours. But each of us knows our own situation best and have to make coming out/staying closeted decisions ourselves.
    I'm not seeing anyone trying to shame or guilt others into coming out. You are right, it is a decision that is very personal and the only person who has to deal with the fallout is the person who is making their choice. But in all fairness, I think I recall what you are talking about but I think that situation had more to do with denial than anything else.

It doesn't change my world in the least bit if someone on the other side of the country decides to venture out. My own activism for our community is to interact with people on a personal level to show that TG's are like any other person. Those who choose to go out might do the same. My only hope is that they consider those who follow in their wake when making decisions as to appearance and behavior. We are somewhat rare in the Muggle's world and like it or not, we leave definite impressions on others.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I am in the closet, but the size of the closet has expanded to the whole house. I have no desire to venture outside the house, except for underdressing during the winter. My wife knows and is understanding.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTabooFeeling
    I'm new to the site and wondering if there are many out there like me who are completely closeted about their dressing and have no desire to go public?
    I would classify myself as “closeted,” although I do go out. I see it purely as a challenge, trying to make the mundane into the magical. Most of the time I have no desire to go out in public, but if the situation presents itself I enthusiastically take the plunge…

I am happy. My closet is big and full

Yes the closet and around the house (inside) has been good for me. But I did go out dressed once last year to a very safe atmosphere and had a good time. That's something that was on my bucket list, and I will do it again sometime. But I don't see myself stepping out regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantDebutant View Post
    The closet is great it is the best of both worlds. Stay home and fullfill your fantasy then change and go out with friends without a care.
    That is pretty much what I feel too. I just have no interest in going out enfemm. I am happy to be my guy self, most of the time.

Banned Read only
    personally too afraid to go out publicly. The only time I've ever been out of the house dressed fem was from the waist down while driving or in my own back yard. I'll sit and read or work on the laptop while sitting on the patio on the warmer months when the kids are not at home.

I'm closeted... and prefer it to stay that way. Only like-minded strangers get to see Hannah come alive.