Thread: Went shopping at Target

Went shopping at Target

Just got back shopping at Target. No wasn't dressed Brought nothing but groceries. After paying, the register started spitting out my receipt plus coupons based on previous purchases.

Got home put groceries away and looked at my future coupons. $1 off orange juice, 50 cents off fountain soda, and $2 off a Maidenform strapless bra.

Glad Cindy the check out girl didn't notice the bra coupon.

What difference would it have made if she DID notice? I mean, chances are, neither you nor her know each other. Even more, she could probably care less. It's her job to ring purchases up and make sales. And if giving you coupons is part of the job, and it saves you money in the future, all the better for YOU!! Right? Or am I missing something . . . .

Target analyzes each customer's purchases and the result is a remarkable prescience about what the customer will want in the future. They got into hot water a few months ago by they sent mail offers for maternity and infant wear addressed to a teenage girl. This raised the curiosity of her parents. Turns out that the combination of items purchased by the teen were interpreted as "possible pregnancy" by Target's magic marketing computer.

I get a lot of offers for things that I "shouldn't" get. I'm not religious but I've received catalogs from christian suppliers. Sometimes the computers just make a mistakes!
    Last edited by Eryn; 02-26-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    My guess is that she had you Targeted as an organogenesis juice lover.

Silver Member
    Many websites selling ads pop up lingerie ads for me or dresses or what ever. My wife knows so no big deal.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Target analyzes each customer's purchases and the result is a remarkable prescience about what the customer will want in the future. They got into hot water a few months ago by they sent mail offers for maternity and infant wear addressed to a teenage girl. This raised the curiosity of her parents. Turns out that the combination of items purchased by the teen were interpreted as "possible pregnancy" by Target's magic marketing computer.
    The scary thing is, the girl's dad called up Target and raised hell, saying, "How could you possibly think my daughter's pregnant?!?" Then, later, they got another call from him...and this time, he said, "I'm sorry, it turns out my daughter is actually pregnant after all."

You can learn a lot from watching what people buy. I hesitate to ask what the local supermarket chain where I buy a number of my "girly" items thinks of me. (Especially since I'm using my discount card, for the points towards discounted gas...)

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

It seems scary, but the coupon thing is more anonymous than you might think. You are just a blip in a very large database. In the unlikely event that a human ever decides to look specifically at your purchases... you could be a couple that sometimes shops together, a man who buys items for his wife, whatever. Nobody will care, or even think about it. The computer program just wants to sell you more of what you already buy, whatever it is.

Even if the coupon has a great big picture of a bra on it, no cashier, no matter how bored, is likely to notice the incongruity.

-- MS

I shop anonymously.
    My credit cards have pictures of dead presidents on them and individually numbered.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If you buy with a credit card, everything you buy at any vendor is in a database somewhere. The only way to avoid this is to buy with cash.

I seldom use cash as I get a small rebate on everything I buy with a credit card. I don't care if some corporation knows I buy women's clothing.

BTW: The last ime I went shopping with my wife, we stopped in Target after hitting JC Pennys, Kohls, Belk, etc. Compared to those stores, Target's clothing looked cheap but it was really more expensive than stuff from the clearance racks at the other stores. I've seen nicer looking women's clothes in Walmart!
    Last edited by linda allen; 02-27-2013 at 07:25 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Gee...its like you never went shopping with your wife and paid the bill with your credit card?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    Gee...its like you never went shopping with your wife and paid the bill with your credit card?
    Of course. I do that all the time.

Not too long ago I took my wife shopping for the particular (and pretty expensive) panties that she likes. The store had some on sale but the sizes and styles were aall mixed up. My wife was looking on the top rack and I sat on the floor and was going through the bottom rack.

The saleslady commented about how good a husband I was helping my wife shop for panties.

Little did she know that I was wearing panties (and a bra) at the time and had my own stash of panties at home.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I would not worry about it too much I get the same coupons for women's items all the time and could care less. I don't think the cashier is going to "tweet" about it, imagine, "At work right now and this guy just got a coupon for bras, Ha! Ha! Must be one of those cross-dressers! " Also I would prefer a coupon for bra's as opposed to coupons for hemorrhoid cream, super absorbent adult diapers, gas X, jock itch cream, etc.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Platinum Member

Big Brother Is Everywhere !!

Hi April, Big brother is watching everywhere, Yesterday I was on some machine shop Youtube sites and I left
    some comments and when I clicked on my name it showed all the You Tube sites that I left comments on
    and low and behold there was some You Tube sites of jennifer's crossdressing youtube sights that I visited
    needless to say I deleted that one.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It's not just Target. Google adsense displays ads based upon your prior Google searches. Thus, when I go to the Washington Post web site, I get ads for dresses at Macy's or Nordstrom. My assistant once asked why I always had ads for women's clothing on my browser.

Clerks usually don't look at the coupons anyway. And if she did, she'd probably think your wife bought a bra.

By the way, did you buy a bra before? If so were you dressed? I think I can sort of pass, but don't want to have to talk to a clerk. My voice definately wouldn't pass. I tend to buy bras and underwear at Walmart in the self checkout lanes. What a great invention!

Quote Originally Posted by APRIL0401 View Post
    Just got back shopping at Target. No wasn't dressed Brought nothing but groceries. After paying, the register started spitting out my receipt plus coupons based on previous purchases.

Got home put groceries away and looked at my future coupons. $1 off orange juice, 50 cents off fountain soda, and $2 off a Maidenform strapless bra.

Glad Cindy the check out girl didn't notice the bra coupon.