Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ran into an old friend from HS.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Ran into an old friend from HS.

I was out shopping today and ran into a couple I knew in High School.
    The couple was looking at charcoal grills as was I.
    I said Hi Jenny and Carl long time no see.
    They looked at me and said do we know you? I said sure we had the same home room all thru High School.Jenny looked and said for some reason I don't recognize you what is your name so I told them and she looked at her husband with a confused look then she said OMG!!! and she gave me a huge hug and said You sure look different Ha ha wow just wow.
    Carl and I were on the weightlifting team and I mentioned a time we played a prank on the coach and then it dawned on him who I was.
    He said well damn I would have never guessed it was you.
    He asked so you are a woman now? I said no just like to dress like one.LOL He said well you look great IMO,she said you do look fantastic.
    They were really accepting and said lets hook up for dinner sometime we would love to talk about old times.
    So we exchanged cell numbers and hugged again and vowed not to be strangers.
    You never know who you will run into so just be yourself and if you are dressed just be bold and say hi.
    P.S Sportsman's Whse is have a sale on grills !!
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-27-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Aspiring Member
    That's awesome Tracii, love your confidence & the acceptance from your old friends. An uplifting read

A very nice coming out story Tracii,
    Especially as you took the lead in the conversation.
    I did that once when I was out with the girls and played with someones mind in a similar manner.
    They walked off and when the saw me later the told me how a hooker tried to pick them up claiming she knew me.
    A bit different to how I remember the story.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Fantastic Tracii. I really admire your confidence, what a great encounter.

Track, that was an awesome experience you had. Glad to see you hook up with some old friends.

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    Fantastic Tracii. I really admire your confidence, what a great encounter

Traci, what great story

Linda
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Banned Spammer
    I don't know if its confidence or I'm too the point I don't care what people think of my girl side.
    Old HS friends you don't see very often are easy to come out to. You are dressed so no need to hide just say hi anyway.90% of old friends that I have run into in girl mode have been fine with it.A few have said harsh things but nothing too terrible.
    Its become kind of fun really and a challenge to walk up and say hi to people you used to run around with.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-27-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Wow! Awesome, Tracii!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Spammer
    It was my first trip to Sportsman's Warehouse too so I was in full shopping mode LOL.
    Walked back to the scopes and the older guy was pretty cool and showed me a few.I asked where the laser bore sighting tools were he said turn left at the antelope.LOL
    I headed over to the ladies clothing section and a real nice lady helped me there.Sad that they didn't carry the camo pants I wanted in a short length.
    They had some really nice girls/ladies clothes too not all camo BTW.Some of the tapered sleeved Tee's were really cute.
    We chatted as we looked and she was very accepting.I think she was enjoying herself to some degree.I may have been her first hunter CD girl.
    She asked what game I hunted and I replied whitetail deer and coyote.She is more the duck hunter/bear hunter type.
    A great experience and I'll be going back!!

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    sounds like you had a great day

I loved your post, Tracii. This is a great example of what wonderful things can happen if we don't hide. Well done!

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    What an awesome post... I know even if I ever get the nerve to go out in public, I'd never have the guts to go to Sportsman's Warehouse, but I do love that place. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    He asked so you are a woman now? I said no just like to dress like one.
    I had an old HS teacher come into my libray the ohter day. (he's a professor on campus now) Anywho, I gave him him a few hints, and he asked me that very same question, however, my anser was a tad difrent,,, I tell people it's a work in progress....

Tracii,what a wonderful experience!Must have felt great to have old friends accept you that way.

What a cool story

Congrats on having some really cool friends! Hope things progress with them and let us know how dinner goes.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Banned Spammer
    Thanks Sandra I hope we do go out to dinner and have an opportunity to hash over old times.
    Monika thanks so much, if I looked as good as you do I would have said yeah I'm a woman now.Ha ha
    It was kinda cool the way he said it that means I must have looked pretty good.
    When Jenny first hugged me she took my shoulder and made me turn a circle so she could get a good look I was laughing the whole time.
    She gave me a thumbs up and whispered you have great legs honey.
    It is nice that old friends are open to change.I know it had to be quite a shock at first.

wow that's awesome, good for you girl!!

Platinum Member
    That's a remarkable and encouraging experience! As she said, Wow, just wow!

Wow Traci, thats a bold move, good for you! I think I would have peed myself, and I'm fairly bold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Banned Spammer
    Ceri I just threw caution to the wind and never really gave it much thought LOL.
    I could have turned out much worse if they were say Baptist preachers I guess.
    I don't mind taking chances sometimes but hell what can they do anyway?

Banned Read only
    Great story, tracii. I hope you looked great. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall after you parted.

Hi Tracii,
    Wonderful story!
    I'm glad you have such nice friends. We underestimate how kind and people really are.
    I now have pretty decent list of old friends that know & accept this side of me.

I'm just kind of wistful that my high school sweetheart of the last two years in school, proms and all, now has a girlfriend. A part of me thinks that had I accepted this side of me back in those days, I could have accommodated. I't probably an irrational thought, but hey! We move on.

That's cool, girl. Love Sportsmens Whse, but haven't gone en femme. ALMOST went to the Iowa Deer Classic this weekend en femme, but knew too many bud's were going. I'm not entirely out, yet.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.