Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing a skirt in February??

Wearing a skirt in February??

So today is pretty nice weather wise in low to mid 50s. Since I had some errands to run and it is pretty nice out I put on a nice knee length skirt and put on some high helled boots and head out the door, Take care of what I need to and stop at the mall for some window shopping. I got the usual double looks and mumbles as poeple pass by a man wearing a skirt no big deal. Then this early twenty something girl says really loud " why are you wearing a skirt are you crazy"? To which I reply why not? She then says it's February are you stupid? Now I am not one to care what others think, But to get that Question because it's Febuary and not because I am a guy. Also I did get a coment on how cute my boots are from a sale lady.
    Last edited by Eryn; 02-28-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Just because you are quoting someone does not mean you can use profanity.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Come to Texas wear February is a pretty good time to wear a skirt.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Ha! I've seen girls wearing skirts all this week, and it ain't been no 50F! Try 25F!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Come to WI and your skirt wont seems so appropriate. Over night we got a foot of snow and its in the low 30's. I guess there is a time and place for everything.
    Erica

Banned Read only
    How many women did you see in skirts while out? Did they have leggings or tights and boots on? If you are the odd duck, fashion-wise, it will always call attention.

call me crazy too! I don't care how cold it is (Michigan)

I'm originally from WI,but now live in Austin,TX. Here you can wear shorts and skirts year round.

In my world, it is always good weather to wear a skirt. If not, then definitely a dress

Ha! I think it's hilarious that she was commenting on whether the skirt was appropriate. And skirt with boots is very chic.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Low to mid 50's... that would be 10C to 12C or so. I assure you that if it were 10C here in February, you would be seeing people in shorts!

It was about high 20's F here today (about -3C). I was certainly not the only one out at the mall in a skirt. Most of the young women wore only regular black tights (opaque) as their bottoms.

Silver Member
    Perhaps someone should ask this 20-something girl why she has to be so vulgar and rude!

As for wearing a skirt, why not? People's tolerances to temperature varies greatly, I can wear a skirt (with hosiery) when it is 20 degrees out easy. If you can tolerate the cold in a skirt and she can't, tough on her.

When it's 50F in Texas we curse the cold and wear six layers of clothing.

I never wear skirts when it's cold. I have some nice embroidered jeans that are ultra feminine and WARM.

Crazy winter we're having here in Ontario. Yesterday I wore a skirt at the mall (mid 40's), today I spent two hours with my brand new snow blower. (Been meaning to buy one for years). -Celeste
    Leaving for Texas in three days...woohoo!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    People's tolerances to temperature varies greatly, I can wear a skirt (with hosiery) when it is 20 degrees out easy.
    If there isn't a bitter wind blowing at ground level and up the skirt, a skirt (with tights) can be as warm (sometimes warmer) than regular jeans, down into the -20's F.

Reminds me of one windy overcast day back in November here, temperature was about 12C (55F). I was out downtown wearing 1/4 sleeve dress, waiting to walk across a busy intersection. A woman spoke and asked something like why I was wearing that dress; she was distant enough that I could pretend she wasn't speaking to me. She moved a bit closer and asked, "Aren't you cold??" It was, taken at face value, a fair enough question, in that everyone else around was wearing long sleeves and jackets or polar fleeces, and the day wasn't a nice one and the wind was not being kind. But I thought for a few seconds and replied back to her honestly, "No, not really." Because what I was feeling was that the weather was more "fresh" than cold, and I did not even have any goose-bumps.

I often work (at home) into the early hours of the morning wearing a short-sleeved top or a regular-weight nightgown; I programmed the furnace to allow lower temperatures at night. Eventually I get into bed and my wife says that I'm freezing. And she is right, my hands are cold. But I don't notice -- not until I get into bed, and then I feel cold.

I sort of enjoy wearing a skirt in cold weather, I love the cold wind carressing my nylon covered legs and blowing up my skirt, helping me feel the tightness and warm feeling ofwearing my girdle.

I'm guessing it's colder in parts of the USA than UK at present. During the day we've been down to -2c which I guess is about 28f. I wear skirts all the year round. Cold? That's what thick tights, boots and padded coats were made for.

Maria

I just thought it diffrent she said it's Febuary not your a guy. I did see a few girls wearing skirts all had leggins or tights, But I wasnt cold. I work in a warehouse box store where everyone says it is cold all the time and i'm not until I go outside in the 30 degree weather we have been having. Yesterday was 30 to 34 with freezing rain I went out in a long skirt but wouldn't do that in a short one, to cold for me. No coments yesterday only the odd stare and double takes.

Love skirts

I enjoy skirts in any weather much more than dresses. I have long ones, knee length ones, and mid thigh ones for the right occasions. Not much gets me more turned on than my legs in stocking with 4 or 5 inch heels. I hate to cover them up. I love to watch men looking at my legs as a walk by.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    Come to WI and your skirt wont seems so appropriate. Over night we got a foot of snow and its in the low 30's. I guess there is a time and place for everything.
    Yes; Me to in Illinois. 30 degrees ant 14" of that horrible white stuff.
    Rader

People, men and women, will always be judgemental based on visual observances. Some will think we are too fat, too skinny, too tall, too short, overdressed, underdressed, gay, stupid, crazy, etc. etc. etc. The important thing, for each and every one of us, is to just be who you are, and do what makes you happy. If you want to wear a wedding dress in a snow storm, riding a unicycle, than do it. Life is short, we will all be dead soon enough, including those who would pass judgement and think that they have it "right".

Peace.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

True storry: I had a male acquaintance, not a CD as far as I know, who wore shorts year round. We belonged to a group that did an outdoor activity together twice a month and he would always come with bare legs even when it was below zero and with a foot of snow on the ground.

He stopped showing up for our outings and after awhile somebody got worried and emailed him. He had moved to Florida because, as he said, "Illinois is too cold!" Duh!

- Diane

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I see a few ladies wearing skirts even in the recent cold weather around here. Of course, they're usually wearing tights or leggings and boots along with them. I've been trying to duplicate this look with my own wardrobe, and, in the process, come to appreciate the feel of a good pair of boots!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Wore a skirt for an outing this evening.

plaid skirt net sweater.JPG

As the real estate agents say "Location, Location, Location!
    Last edited by Eryn; 02-28-2013 at 02:17 AM. Reason: added picture
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Not that I ever leave the house dressed (someday I will), but it was 70F here in sunny SoCal today, so nothing wrong with skirts in February IMO.

Given the chance to wear a skirt, I am not going to let a little cold weather stop me. Tights and boots will keep my legs plenty warm.