Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wearing a skirt in February??

I do miss the weather in So Cal. Would love to go back , But my wifes family is here in Maryland and I don't really get along with mine. Not cd related. So we are here in Md. Yes the weather sucks in winter but we do get the occasional good day, Plus you can also wear tights so still able to get out. Or just wear a long skirt like I did the day before when it was 34 and freezing rain. I was just caught off gaurd by the Febuary reason so I thought I would share. Lack of respect and manners dose not suprise me since I see it everyday.

Yes, twice in February--20s to 30s both times. Had to get out of the house. Mall visits both times, quick run from the parking lot to the mall. Not a problem.

This old geezer man (myself) wears skirts publicly only when the weather is warm (above 22 deg C/72 deg F). When it is cold I wear men's pants. Around the house I do wear dresses. But when the weather is hot, I wear denim skirts along with my painted toenails and sandals instead of shorts.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I got on my denim mini right now with a red top. Also barely there thigh highs and 3" navy heels.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    I'm wearing a black knee length skirt right now with a floral print top and 3" heels. But I'm also inside my house.

Aspiring Member
    Well I dressed in a mid knee high denim skirt and went out today in the cold. It was rainy and windy. I knew it would be cold so I put on a pr of nylons before putting on the tights. It was about mid 30 F and other than the wind beating down the rain I was okey. I then stopped at a historical site and changed into an even shorter one. My goal was to walk the park and then stop at an indoor flea market on the way home. I thought the umbrella was going to break so I left and off to the flea market. Dang they just closed up due to weather and I cannot dress again and get out until next week. I have not seen many in skirts lately.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenS View Post
    Karen wears skirts or dresses regardless of the time of year. The only thing close to PANTs that Karen owns are PANTIES. Yes, those I do wear a lot. Even with dresses and skirts. Never commando.
    Sounds like if your name is Karen, then you don't wear jeans. There is another one like that on these forums.
    Another lovely lady also in the no jeans club.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My first post here!

And a picture of me in February. Given my deep love for denim minis, I believe winter is a perfect time to match a sweater and cowboy boots to a skirt. This is one of my favorite casual outfits for winter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    Lookin good! That combo is real common around here. I thougt it was a FFA jacket.
    Quote Originally Posted by PollyOrion View Post
    My first post here!

And a picture of me in February. Given my deep love for denim minis, I believe winter is a perfect time to match a sweater and cowboy boots to a skirt. This is one of my favorite casual outfits for winter.

Well, I live in Canada. True it is the west coast, Vancouver Island no less, the "wet coast" of Canada. I was outside today in a skirt and it felt great, there were lots of real girls out there too in skirts. It was just fine, the temperature was about 12°C, no idea what that is in American.

Hannah

I have'nt got out since yet with work and all. But now it is March so I am wondering if it is ok to wear a skirt or do I need to wait until April?

Banned Read only
    David, what's the weather forecast for Maryland today? I'm watching the Today Show and the snow is piling up in Virginia and DC. Nothing like putting on a pair of knee high boots, tights and a mid calf skirt and shoveling that snow. If you wait to April, you may miss that thrill.

I have worn a skirt for the past 3 days with opaque tights and all but one of the 8 women in the office have been wearing skirts with opaque tights this week . It is personal choice , because isn't that partly what we are about , the freedom to be who we feel we are and not who others think we should be .

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    David, what's the weather forecast for Maryland today? I'm watching the Today Show and the snow is piling up in Virginia and DC. Nothing like putting on a pair of knee high boots, tights and a mid calf skirt and shoveling that snow. If you wait to April, you may miss that thrill.
    It snowed not a whole lot though.Fortunately no shoveling for me. I have shoveled snow in a skirt and knee high boots before though. I don't miss it I just sit inside in a skirt and boots now.