Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing a skirt in February??

at home, i wear the skirt.. lol ! yeah, i love wearing skirts too, regardless of any time of the year. In South India, its mostly humid and hot all year around.

If you present as a man, maybe she is selectively blind.
    If I lived in Chicago I wouldn't wear a skirt in February either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well you are not alone. It's the last day of February for this year and I just went into the other room and changed out of my shorts and put on a blue denim skirt!
    My wife doesn't want to see or know, so I told her that I will see her in an hour, but that I needed some time for myself. This is a compromise we made at my wife's suggestion! Things are getting better, albeit slowly, but better just the same. We have a great relationship, and since I came out of the closet, we have spoken often and are working through this.
    So I say to you, "Gosh WBDavid! Skirts in February, indeed! What's next? Skirts in March"?
    Enjoy!
    Di

I'm in Tn. and wear skirts and knee high boots frequently in the winter. In Nashville, it is NOT an uncommon sight.

I grew up in a time when most women never wore pants outside the home. It was always skirts and dresses no matter the weather. Minus twenty degrees? Skirt or dress. Always. Times have changed but not necessarily for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    I grew up in a time when most women never wore pants outside the home. It was always skirts and dresses no matter the weather. Minus twenty degrees? Skirt or dress. Always. Times have changed but not necessarily for the best.
    What's happened to skirts? I walk around clothes shops and some do not even have skirts at all and those that do only have petite sizes yet you see SOME women wearing skirts. I feel like going up to them and saying "Hello love, where did you get your skirt?"

Maria

Banned Read only
    I wear skirts all year long here in Boulder Colorado too all year. We have fun winter weather though. One day it can be 20 and snow, next day mid 50's and sunny. With minimal humidity the mid 50's can feel like mid 70's so skirts and above the knee dresses are very comfortable. I don't leave the house though other than the back yard so yea I would expect others to be surprised at a skirt in winter and bare legs than just a guy in a skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by cathie pantyhose View Post
    I wear skirts all year long here in Boulder Colorado too all year. We have fun winter weather though. One day it can be 20 and snow, next day mid 50's and sunny. With minimal humidity the mid 50's can feel like mid 70's so skirts and above the knee dresses are very comfortable. I don't leave the house though other than the back yard so yea I would expect others to be surprised at a skirt in winter and bare legs than just a guy in a skirt.
    So true! And I have seen a few guys in skirts in Boulder! You would fit in!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericaxd View Post
    Ha! I think it's hilarious that she was commenting on whether the skirt was appropriate. And skirt with boots is very chic.
    Commenting on whether the skirt was appropriate while using language which is not. What happened to manners?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by IngeInCO View Post
    So true! And I have seen a few guys in skirts in Boulder! You would fit in!
    and we're not counting kilts.....

C'mon Colorado girls! This is the land of shorts and a down coat, with flip flops and a knit cap. I won't go out unless I can look good in a dress or skirt. If I need to bundle up, I stay home. (still can't wait for summer though so the hemline can rise)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Luckily here in Florida skirts are good anytime. The rude people are around anytime also....unfortunately
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Since I wear skirts pretty much all the time (except at work), I'm wearing them in February, too. If I'm feeling chilly (which has more to do with where my metabolism is at the moment), I wear tights, an ankle-length (lined) denim jumper, and as many petticoats as I need. If I'm feeling hot (e.g., from shoveling snow), a T-shirt, above the knee skirt, and maybe knee socks. Of course, it hasn't gotten particularly cold this winter, I think the coldest was around 10F (around -10 C.) Right now, it's about 50F (+10C) outside.

And I'm not the only winter skirt-wearer. When I take the train, there are always some women wearing skirts. Even in the coldest weather, out of the 100 or so people I see at my station, I'm assured of seeing at least one or two in a skirt, sometimes with bare legs. And my station is right on the river, where you can get some nice strong icy winds.

Good for you for expressing who you are and not caring what rude people think .
    I am out a lot and usually wear skirts ,hot or cold

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    They also had long warm coats to wear over those skirts and dresses!

Quote Originally Posted by Maria S View Post
    What's happened to skirts? I walk around clothes shops and some do not even have skirts at all and those that do only have petite sizes yet you see SOME women wearing skirts. I feel like going up to them and saying "Hello love, where did you get your skirt?"
    I don't really see that. Mimi and I were out shopping the other day and saw plenty of skirts and dresses. Long, short, brights, florals, there's no end to the variety. I love it!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I don't really see that. Mimi and I were out shopping the other day and saw plenty of skirts and dresses. Long, short, brights, florals, there's no end to the variety. I love it!
    Eryn, Do you live in Southern California or South Carolina.?
    I thought it was eternal summer down there with occasional snow falls.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I don't own a single pair of femme pants. So, what should I wear in any month other than a dress? I will admit it does not get as cold in Washington State as the rest of the world, but, that cool breeze caressing my legs is a part of the thrill. Of course my wife hated wearing a dress in freezing temperatures when we lived back east. If the temperature was in the 50's I think that is warm enough for a skirt or dress.

Southern California. I don't have to say more.
    joank
    Southern California

Funny a 20 something girl would comment on the time of year, but not about a guy in a skirt. All I can say....you go girl....wear your skirts proudly ANY time of year!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Platinum Member
    Hi David , You do know that you just can't fix stupid.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    It really does not matter much here in New Albany/Louisvile no matter what the weather is. I just seen a 20 something girl in a big jacket, scarf, miniskirt with tights and boots and its like 30 degrees. Like others I do not even own girl pants, just skirts and nothing longer than mid knee. A few weeks ago I seen a woman in Walmart in shorts and no hose or tights and it was way colder than 30.

As a man I wear flipflops in winter in the rain and snow. I see no reason not to wear a nice long skirt in February as long as you're not cold. Here in so cal the worst of the rain is a light sprinkle, it's always skirt weather. Half the girls at school are wearing mini-skirts over pantyhoes every day. Come to cali, you'll fit right in!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I wear cargo skirts with thick black tights and calf length boots in winter. For skirts and pantyhose ... well where I live live (Sacramento valley) it's not that cold in February.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I don't have a lot of skirts. I do have a lot of dresses, though. Hmm, I don't really know why that is.

Last weekend, I took the train from New Jersey to NYC, and bopped around Manhattan last week wearing a sheer floral black dress (from H&M), and riding boots , but the catch here is I wore a black tank top and black leggings underneath. The day was cold and blustery. The fun part is I went shopping, got a nice pedicure on 14th St., and stopped into a really neat hamburger joint.

Wednesday a couple of days ago, I wore the same ensemble in the city , but this time it was a red dress where the hem is longer in the back than the front. I met up with friends for dinner, then we went to a rock concert.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 03-02-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Karen wears skirts or dresses regardless of the time of year. The only thing close to PANTs that Karen owns are PANTIES. Yes, those I do wear a lot. Even with dresses and skirts. Never commando.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!