Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My dad stops in.....

My dad stops in.....

I am sitting in my home today. Since I was a child, I can not tell you one time where my father told me he wanted to hang out with me and talk. That's exactly what happened today.

I got the call around five today. My dad asked if I was home, and said he was sitting outside. I went out to see his truck, and already....I was wondering why he was here. My father knows about my crossdressing side, and has NOT seen me dressed before. My dad reaches in the truck and takes a six pack of Shiner out. "Wanted to have a beer with my son." In 26 years of being alive.....I have never shared a beer with my dad. He is a to himself kind of guy. Very strict. Very hard working. He is the perfect example of you get what you work for.

We started talking about work, and he told me he saw me today. I passed him in traffic. I am a motorcycle officer. He told me "When I saw you on that bike, I thought of everything you do. You have to have a hard time with....everything you deal with. I saw how good that bike looked all polished up, and saw you looked happy. I'm proud of you."

We talked for a while and he asked if I had been "out" lately. LOL. It's good to joke about it. After a while, I showed him a few videos I had of stuff I have done on the bikes. After all these years, this has never happened to me. My father has never....and I mean never....just showed up to drink a beer with me. Even after I told him about Jessica, I figured I would never talk to him again.

He told me he knows I have a lot of things on my plate I deal with. He said at anytime, he's happy to talk about anything. He said "any" thing. Long any. I told him I was fine, and he said he thought it was great that I embrace myself, and do what I do. That's really all that was said about it, but I knew the underlying message he was implying. My father is a great man, and the support he has provided me through my career....has been extraordinary. I never thought my dad would be the kind to support me after finding out about my true self. Now, he just left....just now....and told me he wants to do this again. Next time I'm buyin' though. It's crazy. When his truck drove off, I seriously couldn't help but watch until it was totally out of sight. What a day it was. You never know who supports you after you give them time to think about what you told them.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

That's a very nice post Jessica, and I'm so glad your father reached out to you like that. Now excuse me I have to go find some tissue, I think I have something in my eye........

Hugs to you,

Suzanne
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

On Hiatus
    This really is fantastic news, Jessica! I'm very happy for you. :]
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

I am very happy for you. My Dad (step) only told me once in my entire life that he was proud of me. The day he died. Please enjoy this time you get to share with him every chance you get. Peace.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

That was Wonderful! You are lucky to have someone in your life like that. Thanks for sharing.

oh WOW, I am so happy for you, keep every moment of today close to your heart, Just remember it goes both ways, time for you to reach out to your Dad

You are very fortunite to have Father who came right out and told you that he's Proud of you!...It took a lot of courage for him to do that and it just goes to show that you have that same courage to come out as you have done! next time you see or talk to your Dad don't forget to say You love him and hug him while you are still able to that....cause when he gone you will never be able to hug him. I know what I am talking about cause I was holding my Dad's hand when he past away at 200am
    Enbrace you Dad and family. Peace and love to you Jessica!

This is so wonderful!!! Congrats!!!!

Banned Read only
    Your Dad is obviously a good man, Jessica. I'm glad you and he can be close. That is a priceless treasure.

Platinum Member
    That is one of the nicest things that a father can do. I bet there were hundreds of times he tried to tell you how much he loved you, but couldn't find the right words. Today he did. And it's not too unusual for sons and fathers to grow closer, particularly after we've grown out of those rebellious teenage years and begun to lead independent lives. I hope you can get together with your dad again soon and often.

Wow, Jessica, that is a tear jerking story in a wonderful way. I truly am so happy that you had this moment and hopefully will have many more. Being an old and rapidly aging father too, I sometimes wonder about all those lost opportunities to have been a better Dad to my son and daughter by thinking less about my happiness and more about their's. Your father is a great man and Dad because he did this on his own without your somehow trying to make it happen. To me that is what makes it even more beautiful. You have every right to feel wonderful right now. Enjoy it, because I am enjoying it too and have not met either of you. Thank you so much for sharing, this has made my day and it is the evening right now here.

Great dad thanks for sharing. It is good to have someone to talk to.

Banned Read only
    Nice story. I hope you told him how much you appreciated the gesture. He clearly had an epiphany of some sort. Please don't let this go unrecognized. I have always been close with my kids but now they are grown up, it's different and I miss that closeness.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 02-27-2013 at 11:18 PM.

That was such a wonderful story. I am so happy for you and hope it gets better and better.

I'm so tearing up :*)

My father is the opposite.He never calls even at holidays.I left a message on his answ. machine to call me back,sent him a card...never replied.A disconnect that can't be repaired.

Fantastic father you have there. Mine never knew about this side of me. And I don't recall him ever saying he was proud of me. Enoy your time together.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Jessica,

That's truly an amazing story and I'm incredibly happy for you. It's amazing how much the little things a parent does can mean so much to us and how much an "I'm proud of you" can mean. It's also a great lesson on how to be a good parent!

I just got to spend the last three days skiing with my dad, and even though I tend to leave him behind by early afternoon, since he's ready to call it a day quite a bit before I am, it's nice just to spend some time with him. We don't really do what you just did and talk on a deep level, but I know he'd do anything for me if I ever asked.

Buy him that round soon!

-Bree

Thanks for sharing. From the sound of it, he proably had a cold dad too, and never knew he was supposed to express him self to family. My dad could never let an imperfection show to us kids.........we saw them, but he couldnt acknowledge it. Anyway, sounds like your dad has had time to digest things, and see you still being productive in society and has finially seen the light. I'm so happy for you and wish you many more beers with dad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

How wonderful for you Jessica!!!!

I have yet to have a conversation in which my Dad tells me that he is proud of me yet.....I am the family problem child ...to set in my different point of views for my parents to truely understand me. Ah one day ......

Their nickname for me from them "Something Else"

Hope there are many more days like that for you ....
    To thine ownself be true.
    Put out into the universe what you would like to receive in return, because it comes back like a boomerange in 3 fold!

That is a great story! I am so happy for you that you are able to get to have a great conversation with your dad like that. I am amazed that you were able to share that you CD with him. That already is a good sign that you have a good relationship. I know that this must feel like a great boast to how you feel .
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

great happening for you. Enjoy your Dad has much as you can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Silver Member
    A great story and a reminder to tell your sons and daughters how proud you are of them.

Great story, Jessica.

I am really happy for you that you had this time with your dad. There's nothing like a son having his father's love, respect and support. Hope you both have many more good times.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

That was truly a nice story. I'm pushing 60 with a grown child and maybe I understand what your father is going through. You work hard all your life to raise a family and finally the kids are out of the house. then one day you see something and you realize that you just didn't have the time to really be there for your children. A real cats in the cradle moment. This just goes to show it is never too late.

Hugs Kelley
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long