Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My dad stops in.....

Such a special moment. I hope you and your father can make many more memories of your times together. Parents are not perfect but one thing is for sure...we love our children!!!

There is a time where fathers realise they have missed "something".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Jessica, I think you are very lucky to have had that moment with your dad. I hope you remember it forever. My mom and dad never wanted to spend even one minute with me. They didn't want children, and told me so many times. S.
    Stephanie

Great Dad, wonderful story. also note that your Dad has good taste in beer. My favorite brand.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jess, Take time to enjoy your parents while you have them once they are gone it's too late.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

He was basically saying how much he loved you as you are and not who he may have wanted you to be. That's a good man and a better father. Hope I am that to my kids except I'm the cd'r.

About thirty years ago, for some unknown reason, I decided to stop by my parent's house on the way home from work. It's not something I would normally do. My mother wasn't home, but I had a nice long visit with my father (nothing about crossdressing, just normal stuff).

A few days later he had a stroke, never regained conciousness, and eventually passed away. I've always wondered what made me stop by that day.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Thank you for sharing that wonderful story, I enjoyed sharing a few beers with my dad (who has since passed), on occasion but it was always family stuff work, etc that we discussed. My parents may have had a clue about this when I was younger but since I got married they probably figured it was a phase I was going through, but I couldn't imagine him accepting what I do and talking to me like that about it. Your story touched me , Thank you again!

This story just makes me smile. Thank you for sharing!

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Covet the moment and be sure to follow up on it with more of the same. I lost my dad when I was in me forties and not once did he ever say he was proud of me. Now do not get me wrong he told many others he was , he just never said it to me. If anyone and asked me if my dad knew what I did for a living I would have told them he did not know as he never discussed my work with me. I found out that all of his friends had been told in great detail about my work and how proud he was of me. This was a teachable moment as they say because I have always made sure to tell my children and grand children how proud I am of them. I do not want them to have to wait until I die to know that my heart swells with pride with their accomplishments not matter how small or large.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

what a great and wonderful story

So happy for you

x

Thank you for sharing!

Your visit with your father has made my day and perhaps more importantly reminds me to perhaps be a better father myself today!

It is so very nice that we can allow ourselves to feel and share the joys and sorrows of one another in this forum. The joys are greater and the burdens lessened when shared.

Emo

My dad passed away 26 years ago, and I still miss sharing a Molson with him after working all morning...thank God, I have my own kids to spend quality time with. I'm glad your father opened up to you and that you had this time with him!

Jessica, Thanks for sharing your fantastic experience.My dad and I did not have a great relationship but as I grew older and married, he started to open up to me about how proud he was of me, no knowledge of the CD. Your post makes me realize that I need to reach out to my adult son more. Thanks and God bless you, Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

As Purple said: To Infinity.... and Beyond!

That's really awesome Jessica! Moments like these are the ones we come to treasure for the rest of our lives. Savor the moment and build upon it and enjoy!

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go find a tissue, hug my daughter, and then call my Dad.....
    Last edited by Emjay; 02-28-2013 at 08:03 PM.

That's the way dads are supposed to be... congrats - you got a good one!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I feel so good right now Jessica, thanks for sharing this moment. Just don't wait very long at all to reciprocate, and make sure that Shiner is super cold for him. So very happy for you and your Dad.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Wow, Jessica! What a heart warming, stirring, and quite touching story you have told!! Your father is a very good man! Treasure your relationship with him!! Awwwww! Now you've gone and done it!! I'm all tearing up as I type!! :-)

Thanks for sharing this story. It really made my day. Hope you have many more good times with your Dad.

Jessica,what a wonderful day. There's no feeling in the world like hearing your dad say he's proud of you. My dad is strictly old school,and the only time the words "I love you" have been spoken were when we thought one of us was going to die. But we show each other in so many other way. Yours sounds like a really good man. Spend all the time you can with him. You'll be glad you did. Barbara.

I feel very proud of your dad - for whatever reason he found the strength/courage to take the tough first step to overcome that barrier that time only makes bigger as the years pass. Perhaps this is the start of a new kind of relationship you can share together...good luck and great post!!

So good to read your experience Jessica. Your dad must have been thinking over a lot of things,processing the thoughts. coming to resolution. Showing up as he did would have scared the you know what out of me. Something so out of character would have gotten my pressure up big time. But it sure sounded like you dad loves you greatly, without reservation, and loves you for you. It did sound he was willing to be open to talk about Jessica, but only you two really know how far to take things. Good Luck and So very happy for you.

Cassie
    Last edited by TxCassie; 03-01-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Lovely post & you have a great father

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Such a great post Jessica and it did bring a tear to my eye.
    My Dad was hard on me but I deserved it I wasn't a great kid sometimes.
    I can't say he ever said he was proud of me which still hurts to this day but it was my fault and I truly regret it.I was the one with a cold heart.
    Its been 26 years since he passed and I still miss him.
    Cherish the time you have with your Dad and tell him how proud you are of him.

that was nice to read.

Thanks