Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another tip for succesful "passing' or "blending in" (with tongue firmly in cheek)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Gurl View Post
    I always believed that a sign you are getting old was when your favorite music finally hit the elevators and department stores. I guess they are up to my generation now, darn it. Def Lepard, AC DC, Metallica, Dire Straits, maybe they will slip a Beatles song in there every now and then so I feel a little young still.
    On the same note, when did the Cosby Show, Punky Brewster, and Saved by the Bell become appropriate television shows to be aired on Nick @ Nite?
    when in doubt, smile

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I often sing along when I hear familiar music, but I prefer to go ..bum bum bum... along with the bass line. I guess this wouldn't be a good idea, huh?

Whatever you do, don't sing along in a falsetto voice. It's a dead givaway. Unless it's a Frankie Valli song: "OhOh Won't You Stay-Ya-Ya Just A Little Bit Closer" That, I can't resist.
    I also wouldn't recommend singing or lip-synching "Walk Like a Man" while in a store. That would be pretty counter-productive for most of us.

The next time I visit Toronto, I want to go to the grocery store that was formerly Maple Leaf Gardens and I'll be humming "The Hockey Song".
    (Canadians will get this)

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I never thought I would live long enough to hear Def Lepard on Muzak.....
    I would assume you were joking if I had not heard alice in chains "no excuses" on the big box store's radio.
    Oh my gyod, when that happened, I thought "I remember when Seals and Croft was the music of the stores."
    They probably play some of the old rock in stores cause demographically, it is probably middle age folks who shop at places like the grocery, hardware, etc...

With trying to "blend in" and "pass", if you tried to do all the things that GG's supposedly do, you would end up being a caricature of a woman. It would be more exhausting than productive.
    Last edited by Nicole Erin; 05-07-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by VickysBFF View Post
    The next time I visit Toronto, I want to go to the grocery store that was formerly Maple Leaf Gardens and I'll be humming "The Hockey Song".
    (Canadians will get this)
    Duly noted, Vicky...

Yeah! How about them Leafs? Go Leafs, Go! (or not!). Won the Stanley Cup for the last time in 1967, in the play-offs again after 9 long years, and they are already starting to choke, what with getting their a$$es whupped in the 3rd game (and on home ice as well to add insult to injury). I have a song I'd like to hum, too, but it wouldn't be very lady-like.

So what else is new? Deja Vu all over again...