Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing womens shoes as a guy

been wearing nothing but womens shoes for years. I have an extremely narrow (AAA) foot. I found years ago that a mans loafer that fit my narrow foot cost me a minimum $100 whereas a womans loafer cost me $25. It isn't hard to find a "gender-neutral" womans loafer in a standard or narrow width. I was in a Payless several years ago and the SA noticed me trying on a shoe. She walked up and as others have said pointed out that I was in the womens shoes. I just told her about a narrow foot ya-de-ya-da and she smiled and said her son had a very narrow foot and got him doing the same thing about a year ago. She said it cut her shoe costs for him to a quarter of what they were!

I wear women's shoes almost all the time. Even with my suit I usually wear a pair of women's penny loafers. The last few years I have become a big fan of Skechers. I have several styles of their "sporty" mary-janes that I wear almost all the time when I'm not working (may favorite pair are in my avatar). Women will occasionally glance down at my feet and linger, but I have never had a negative experience, and no one has even asked about it. I also have a couple of par of ballet flats that I wear around the house and occasionally out. I don't even think twice about it anymore, they are just "my shoes."
    Last edited by Brenn; 03-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Women's shoes all the time

Regularly wear ankle boots and sandals that are womens footwear.
    Even a pair of flats to work sometimes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    50/50 or 3/4 every day never 100% guy clothes.
    Count me in on this. I never wear 100% guy clothes no matter where I am going. As far as shoes goes, I own one pair of mens' dress shoes that a person might wear with a suit, except that I don't own a suit. I never wear them. Most of the time I wear women's tennis shoes. At work they are less girly ones but outside if work I wear a white pair that has pink accents. I also have a pair of navy Keds, a pair of black ankle boots with a 2" heel, and a pair of black Saltwater sandals.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Brenn well put "my shoes".
    Rachel I love the navy Keds too.

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    A while back I stopped in a Payless Shoes. There was an SA working at the register waiting on another customer. I went on back to my size area and picked out a couple pairs. The SA came down the aisle and asked "Do you know these are womens shoes?" So I told her yes, I know. I sat on a bench, pulled off my shoes and started to try on the shoes. She asked "Would you like a pair of footies to try them on?" - I think she was trying to be funny. I said "No thanks I have on hose". She looked down at my feet, back to my face, feet, face, and walked away bewildered. I bought the shoes, nothing special black pumps, 2" heel, she never said a word at the register.
    she must have been the new kid on the blockl
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I threw away my guy boots when I retired. All I wear now is my female boots with flat heels or athletic walking shoes during the day.
    When I change out later on in the day it's time for heels or flats.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    50/50 or 3/4 every day never 100% guy clothes.
    Ditto here, and i been slowly migrating to wearing mostly women's shoes.

Just took a new job in the electronics industry and the since i won't be working outdoors and getting dirty anymore i just bought a new pair of ladies Sketchers.

They're fairly andro and the last thing i think will be noticed.
    Once it's fully warmed up for spring and summer i'll be getting my ladies sandals out i got last year, they too are rather unadorned for being women's, but have gotten a few long looks from eagle-eyed cis-women.

Your right tho, most folks (cept for said sharp-eyed GGs) don't notice footwear that aren't high heels. I get more looks at my shaped brows, mascara, earrings and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    Guy shoes for me in guy mode and girl shoes for me only when I get to dressup.
    The only girl shoes that I have are heels, and one pair of flats, Sure would not work very well to be
    working in heels.
    Same here. But, I have worn the flats while dressed in drab.

wbdavid,
    I'm in the same boat as you. It's hard for me to find women's shoes I like in my size at all, even online. I wear a size 11 men's, which makes finding size 13 ladies difficult at best for me. At least ones that are in stock that is. I look forward to getting my first few pairs of shoes.

Wait, a bunch of you shop at Payless, and they never blink! I buy from them online, never had the courage to just walk in. No one has a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericaxd View Post
    Wait, a bunch of you shop at Payless, and they never blink! I buy from them online, never had the courage to just walk in. No one has a problem?
    I walked in, asked to know my size in women's shoes, the SA took me to a foot measure thingy and that was that.
    I picked out my runners, paid for them, changed into them, and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Lynn View Post
    Ditto here, and i been slowly migrating to wearing mostly women's shoes.

Just took a new job in the electronics industry and the since i won't be working outdoors and getting dirty anymore i just bought a new pair of ladies Sketchers.

They're fairly andro and the last thing i think will be noticed.
    I used to love Keds for an androgynous look. While I still have several pair of Keds, I really do like Skechers and many styles are androgynous enough, but most women probably know the difference.

I have lots of Women's shoes and boots. The trend in 'riding boots' for women has helped a lot as I can wear them all the time without anyone noticing since they have low heels. I wear women's athletic shoes in warm weather. I wear size 11 women's and thank goodness there are more and more styles becoming available in the larger sizes. I have shopped mostly online but have shopped at Payless without a problem. I love boots and pumps. I don't have many men's shoes left anymore.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    I only wear women's shoes when I get dressed up. The fact that I'm a size 15 pretty much precludes me walking into Payless for a pair of women's sneakers or running shoes unfortunately. And every online shoe retailer I've seen that sells shoes giant enough to fit me pretty much only sells heels or boots in that range. I'm having problems even finding a pair of dressy flats that fit much less anything more casual.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I have a long list of shoes from Payless and the only thing an SA has ever tried to do is to get me to buy more of them!

I have a wide variety of shoes and, if memory serves, four pair are men's. They all date from before I understood myself.

My normal day shoes are women's tennis shoes (trainers in the UK) There is no rational reason for this except I like the prettier colors available on the women's rack. I get most of them from the clearance racks at DSW, never paying more than $30 for New Balance, Adidas, and Avias. I rotate through four or five pairs in daily wear.

I wouldn't try to wear any of my women's non-athletic shoes or boots in guy mode. They are all just a bit too femme and, frankly, not as comfortable for everyday wear. I have a lot of respect for women who wear heels, even low heels, as work shoes.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by JamieRobert View Post
    wbdavid,
    I'm in the same boat as you. It's hard for me to find women's shoes I like in my size at all, even online. I wear a size 11 men's, which makes finding size 13 ladies difficult at best for me. At least ones that are in stock that is. I look forward to getting my first few pairs of shoes.
    I wear 12 or 13 mens so 14 or 15 womens, almost non existent except the hooker shoes which is ok for home but out it really is no good.

I wear them all the time at home. My wedges are so comfortable and easy to slip on and off. I have become very comfortable wearing these type shoes and they feel completely natural. I slip them off at the last minute before going to work. I now carry an extra pair of shoes and socks in my vehicle just in case I get distracted and wear them to work by accident. This almost happened to me once and I noticed when I was pulling out of my driveway. Glad I caught myself, it would have been really hard to explain my 2 in wedges at work with the french tip painted toenails. I don't wear them out, maybe some day I will give it a try. Mens and Womens sandals aren't much different.
    Last edited by Jenny Gurl; 03-05-2013 at 06:55 AM.

I found these men's "sneakers" that are white with pink, lavender and tourquoise. I exchanged the white laces for pink, and voila, girl's shoes. I only wear them in girl mode, and I have gotten a lot of complements on them from GGs. Once, I got a complement on them from a GG, and I told her that they were really men's shoes. She said some women would kill for shoes like that (maybe, even her?).
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I only recently found a site that sells affordable (non street walker) boots in my size (14 or 15 depending) and I've worn them out a few times, but standard mens tennis shoes for work. There aren't too many styles I like in my size yet, but thankfully, they are starting to turn up. I've bought a pair of wedges and flats that I wear around the house. And sometimes, I'll put on a pair of heels just because I like picking my foot up and twisting in on the heel while surfing the web or watching the television.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieRobert View Post
    wbdavid,
    Try looking at Avenue.com I have the same size foot and found a few nice pairs of shoes from them and reasonable too.

Aspiring Member
    How do you figure out your size?

I have been wearing womans shoes lately, I only have two pairs of guy shoes and tons of womens, I like a 1" heel that I have been wearing it a lot, today at Bed Bath & Beyond some lady said "nice heels" I think she was being a smart *** but I said thanks and smiled. Most people do not even notice my nails much less my shoes, so I like that way.
    I have asked my wife to remind me not to cut the yard in them get out the old crappy guy shoes.
    I am a size 11 in both guys & fem most stores have up to size 11 and payless is starting to carry up to 13 here in Central Florida. Go try them on to see if they fit, yea it was hard the first time in drab but they will not throw you out.
    Last edited by Eryn; 03-03-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: If you have to misspell the word to get by the filter you know you shouldn't be using it! :)
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.