Thread: Shopping!

Aspiring Member

Shopping!

I know alot of things on here are a bit repetative but I hope to inspire the members new to shopping. Today I stopped at like 5 dollar type stores looking for nail glue and finally the 5th one had it. I bought something at everystore. I then went to a major clothing store and bought a few things.

For me, it is far easier to shop for womens clothes while enfemme. I do not feel out of place. Hardly anyone including cashiers blink an eye. Throughout today everyone treated me just like another woman customer. The last one tried to convince me into getting a store credit card...most likely she is required to push that. I know I am read once I get to the cashier...before that while shopping I am not sure. The people sure do not act like they are reading me... but of course it must happen. I do dress a bit conservative, with just enough makeup to cover and I usually wear sunglasses, but I have more and more been putting them on top of my head while shopping. No eye shadow, etc either, just bright blue eyes.

Now to the main thing I wanted to say. Just talk in your normal voice. I did rather loudly tell one of the cashiers stocking shelves at the dollar store that I was ready. The woman she was talking to looked at me for an extended second and then went about her business. Just relax and go where you want to...it really does get easier!!!

Great story Amanda, with good advice. You just have to get out there that first time!

Oh!! My 500th post....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Aspiring Member
    Congrats on 500 th post! My post should have been titled "do not be afraid to talk". I know I am read as a man wearing a wig in womens attire, so then why would the masculine voice matter? It would be better than an attempt at a fake sounding feminine one. IMO...plus I no longer see the need to avoid contact with people.

Quote Originally Posted by NV Susan View Post
    Great story Amanda, with good advice. You just have to get out there that first time!

Oh!! My 500th post....

You can roll back the makeup successfully as long as you present reasonably well.
    I would still try to keep my voice up a timbre though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I too will make my best effort to sound like a woman.... okay maybe a crakley ol lady voice, but I get into it. I may pass at 20 meters but that's about it. I dress to blend and don't try to attract any attention. After the first few times out and about, it really does get easier.....

Now that the butterflies are gone, I'm just an ol' lady in heels out doing errands....prettymuch... LOL..

Renne.....