Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a guy' guy?

Are you a guy' guy?

How do others view you as in your male persona? As for myself, I believe that those who only know me as a man would never imagine that I enjoy crossdressing. As a man I would appear to be "manly" in my hobbies and activities. What about you?
    Julie Marie

I don't think people think much of me in my male form. Women don't look my way and men don't really care. I don't look terribly manly but I'm not highly feminine either. I look young for my age . I get a better reaction from people when en femme though.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    People I have surprised:

• my mother
    • one HR (human resources) person (this was more a "No, I hadn't noticed" than a "I wouldn't have expected it of you")
    • my (ex) family doctor
    • possibly one friend I haven't seen for a dozen years
    • my (now ex-) boss had a way of Not Noticing when I was TG in front of him for years, so I guess he might be surprised to see me in a dress...

So that's two clear surprises and a small number of possibles. Now set that against the many people (including co-workers) who have seen me dressed and gave no indication of being even a little astonished. And I've been many places in the city: I would have a tough time coming up with places I have not been dressed or overt in.

People don't see me as a manly man, even though most of my hobbies are male oriented. I bet they would never guess I crossdress.

Hi,

A mans man. or manly. i dont see this as a only doing things . = like driveing heavy trucks & farm machinery. or working on building sites, I can only answer from what iv seen in how men interact with each other, as mates or friends or meeting for the first time say a rugby match. the interchange is quite different or the hostility between opposing teams, oh dear how different in fun or all out war,

For me its not something i could do, even though i had been in mens meetings & mixed i could not interact as men do with each other, in the same way ,now that does not say i dont have male friends i do & cant talk with them, i do have quite a good repore just thats taken years to happen so im accepted just not as a male,

So the ? am i a guy guy or my wording a mans man.... no i never was, yet i can do many things men do.

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 03-07-2013 at 03:37 AM.

No one would ever guess when they see "him"...wish it were also true with me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm told that one of the women I know said, "It is so strange, he is such a manly man and she is so much a woman."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I am definitely a man's man. I enjoy all the guy stuff, but personally have an inner need and enjoyment in CD'ing. It doesn't change my persona as being a male, but it does make one wonder what I am about.
    Di

Banned Read only
    nope. The knives, tools, and cargo pants probably help my image some. But still - no, not so much. For one thing, I carry a purse a lot of the time - in guy mode. I hate sports. I cry in movies. I do all the romantic stuff in our relationship. Seriously, how does my wife not see this?

OK, the purse is a gear oriented shoulder bag designed for concealed carry, made of ballistic nylon. It's designed for military / LEO use. It is still a friggin' purse.
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 03-07-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Everyone I've told has been surprised and not expected it. I love sports, paticularly football and basketball, have a fascination for weapons of all kinds and I am always flirting with women.

I do have some girly traits that come through in male mode, I'll comment on someone's makeup or a lady friends shoes. I love sappy romance films, and chick flicks in general.
    A Southern Belle of the 21st century.

Flickr link for the interested, http://www.flickr.com/people/ashleemara/

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." -Oscar Wilde

I am not a guys guy at all, the people I have told were not shocked or surprised at all

Quote Originally Posted by julie marie1 View Post
    How do others view you as in your male persona? As for myself, I believe that those who only know me as a man would never imagine that I enjoy crossdressing. As a man I would appear to be "manly" in my hobbies and activities. What about you?
    Julie Marie
    I work construction and ride my motorcycles on the weekend so I think my friends would be surprised if they found out I crossdress !!!

Simply put no.

Never been and never will be a guys guy.

Actually hate being in the company of what are known as guys guys in male mode never mind in my female persona.

Not me. Just the other day someone told me I had a very "girly" face when I was dressed as a man and not even trying to look that way. I have very few male friends and never been interested in the things the men do.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

To other guys and women who don't know me well, yes. I shoot, hunt, paintball, practice aikido, hockey, minor construction, electrical, computers and generally act like a guy.
    The women who really know me think I'm pretty fem for a guy, two know the truth, a couple others converse with me like one of the girls, from monthly cramps to relationship issues to clothes. (Spouses and ex'es not included)

I think yes. I work on old cars, watch most sports, and attend NASCAR events. Many of my friends are what would generally be considered rednecks, and I'm sure they would be quite surprised if they ever caught me dressed.
    Stephanie

Platinum Member
    Hi Julie, When I'm not pretty I'm a real manly man .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by kathringrant View Post
    I don't think people think much of me in my male form. Women don't look my way and men don't really care. I don't look terribly manly but I'm not highly feminine either. I look young for my age . I get a better reaction from people when en femme though.
    Kathrin sums it up exactly for me as well.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

It all depends on if your talking about now or before ,,Before there would be no chance of being found out ,,But in the last few years most people don;t know what to think I guess an that's the way I like it just keep um on the edge so when they do find out it is not that big of a deal . Because trust me before long EVERYONE will know ,,,LOL,,,,

Last weekend it was balls to the wall on the snowmobile and ice fishing and drinking beer with the Guys. This weekend it's LGBT bar en femme. If they only knew!!

In my profession men are automatically assumed to be gay unless proven otherwise.....and even then, we're 'suspect' for being in denial, or 'just kidding ourselves'. I go overboard towards the stereotypical male behavior every single day to combat this. Whenever anyone questions my sexuality, I respond with "Well, I don't think so, but why don't you bend over and drop your pants and let's find out". Nobody has ever taken me up on that. I'm careful to eliminate any evidence of crossdressing whenever I go out. Occasionally I'll leave my nail polish on when getting food delivered at night, I just leave the porch light off, so the driver can't really be sure what he's seeing other than the cash which is foremost on his mind.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Most probably see me as a guy, especially being out of shape and being a boy scout leader and liking shooting sports. not really into sports and I do like ballet. Movies tend more towards comedies raher than chick flicks. But then there are times when people might wonder why my lips look a little shiny and I walk down the hall and imagine I'm wearing a skirt swishing side to side. When people would see me checking out a girl's shoes they would probably think I'm checking out the girl, rather I'm imagining how they would look on me. Overall I would guess no one would suspect that I have this deep rooted feminine side and crossdress or dream about becoming a woman.
    Hugs!
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Very much a guy's guy -- all the outdoor stuff, even snowmobiling. But when on travel for business or home alone, I want to feel the feminine side and the "guy's guy" goes right out the door.

All my life I've given clues to people. Honey, I love that necklace. Those shoes are perfect with that outfit. Yesterday I asked a coworker how she gets that effect with her nails. But they still see me as a manly guy. How is that possible? And no, very few manly pursuits here. Just cursed or blessed with the 'Marlboro Man' look that is hard to feminize.
    Gen

Let's see. I swear like a sailor, fight like a tiger, spit on the ground, bench press my own weight, cheer the home team, change my own oil, give exuberant
    high fives, love WWF wrestling. But, will cry at the ending of the Wizard of Oz, or ET, loves and grows daffodils in my garden, loves kittens, adores pink
    petticoats, panthose, girdles, glossy lipstick, high heels, Victoria's Secret bras, mini dresses, painted nails, Rupals Drag Race, quiet afternoons,
    large mirrors, holding hands and girl talk. There's a contridiction going on here that is hard for me to comprehend.

So to answer your question.........???????????????????????????? dana